Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 16-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
Well I wasn't looking for love, a soulmate, or anything remotely close to those things when I met my TF. In fact, when I met him I didn't know what the heck was going on and was severely confused and scared. I didn't even think soulmates existed and were just fairytales. But after him and I met face to face and I looked into his eyes, the first thing I told him was this. "Because you exist I know God is real, because all the love of Him is reflected in your eyes." He restored my faith in God, encouraged me to listen to myself and follow the path of spirituality that I was just finding at the time, and showed me how to truly love someone with unconditional love.

Honestly I think God let me find him earlier than I was supposed to, to save both of us from destroying ourselves so early on. He wasn't on a good path at the time and neither was I. But after we met, we both knew exactly who the other person was without hesitation. And we both went on to become better human beings because of it.

If there be such a thing as Twin Flames, (I am not quite the believer as some may be,) the above tale would be what the experience is like.
Old 16-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
If there be such a thing as Twin Flames, (I am not quite the believer as some may be,) the above tale would be what the experience is like.

Aww, thank you. I mean in reality though, if I were an outsider looking in and I didn't have this experience myself, I'd think I were crazy. Like when my TF first told me we were soulmates and were brought together by fate, I wanted so badly to think he was a little psycho. But he was right, we were brought together by the universe. The fact that we both managed to meet each other at such a critical point in our lives and affect each other so profoundly and in such a positive manner, is proof of that. Plus it's just something I know in my heart and mind to be true. When I first met him, I instantly recognized something inside of him. It was like my eyes were opened and God said "well you asked me to give you something to help you keep progressing, here it is." He is the biggest blessing in my life and I'm grateful to have been able to meet him.
Old 16-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Malthoruk

I've personally never experienced a tf relationship. I've actually never been in a relationship at all honestly but I always searched for the one I know I am deeply connected to, and I feel that time is coming soon. But either way I am also quite curious about the tf craze.

In my opinion it seems like there is more misery to the relationship than happiness which doesn't seem right if the tf, is supposedly, your other half or a different soul to the same spirit. If that was true then shouldn't the relationship connection be similar to that of a sm? That each of you get along so well that there is no drama because the both of you are so similar you already know what and how the other acts? I'm just throwing this out there but wouldn't it seem likely that people meet someone that you once knew in a previous lifetime and mistake the connection to that of a tf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
people need romance in their life and what better way to feel special and like you are part of something bigger?
I agree with KrystalleSama in this sentence. I almost think it isn't worth the trouble of having a tf with all the misery that people endure from the relationship. I even remember reading a few posts where one of the tf ends the relationship because they think they are not good enough. Well in this I go back to an earlier statement saying that if a tf is another part of you, then shouldn't your relationship be nothing but good since, in essence, they are you? But that is just my opinion on the matter.
Old 16-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Krystalle

^ here people will say tf is different than sm because its like a mirror and they reflect back at you all of your insecurities thats why you dont get along and you need to fully heal and grow before reunion. I say its just the way people are, if you feel a strong attraction to someone it doesnt mean they are the right person to get along with. I think if someone cant be your best friend first....then....well.
Old 16-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Master
I used to be all obsessed with finding Her (yes I loved the Holy Grail metaphor because that certainly fit!), but then one day I just decided to say eff it, and fill myself up all by myself, and I did. Only then did someone appear in my life who may or may not be The One*, but not only have I dispensed with such labels I've dispensed with the need too-or, more to the point, I have (or am trying) to resolve or merge the non-grasping equanimity and "even flow" that I've found within myself with my longstanding desire. I've had 2 identical I Ching readings involving her recently which involved the top trigram being the "Mountain" (representing my equanimity) and the bottom one being "Thunder" (desire), or as a new Jane's Addiction song puts it, the Immovable Object and the Irresistible Force.

*Yes, at the risk of jinxing myself, we've reconciled and are having our first actual date tomorrow night. We shall see if she is being honest and follows through (it was her idea) or is just playing more games...
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 16-05-2012, 06:09 PM
sesheta

I agree with this to a certain degree, but I also want to make a few other points:

When my TF entered my life, I was engaged & living with someone else. I was not looking for anyone else - but I was stuck in a dark place - I had sunk so deep into that pit of "good enough" that I hadn't even realized it. My TF coming into my life merely served to open my eyes and force me to evaluate how I wanted to spend the rest of my life....either going through the motions....or actually being happy and joyful.
Secondly - I have been a Witch for several years, and have always felt a deep connection to the earth - nature, animals, trees, even stones! I have never felt like I needed something or someone else to fill that aspect of my life....
That being said - I did go through all of my past relationships (including my ex fiance - engaged for 6 years, but never actually married...says a lot right there!) feeling like there was always that little voice inside of me saying "Wait." Something in me always felt like I was waiting for someone...but I didn't know who. Until my TF appeared - then suddenly my little voice shouted out loud "Go! Go! This is the one we've been waiting for!" It was like the floodgates opened, and everything in me finally released.
Having him in my life has taught me how to love and forgive myself - how to love unconditionally - how to feel the singular joy and warmth of giving without wanting anything in return....the list could go on & on.
So - I think that, for a lot of us, the TF experience has served to deepen our spirituality, if anything......it's just that sometimes we have to go through the growing pains, too :)
Just my take on it all.......
Old 16-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
^ here people will say tf is different than sm because its like a mirror and they reflect back at you all of your insecurities thats why you dont get along and you need to fully heal and grow before reunion. I say its just the way people are, if you feel a strong attraction to someone it doesnt mean they are the right person to get along with. I think if someone cant be your best friend first....then....well.

I know a twin soul/twin flame is different than a soulmate, but that is what he refers to it as since he doesn't know what a twin soul is. But he is my TF, no doubt about it. I met one of my soulmates before I met him and although that meeting was intense, it had nothing on what things are like between my TF and I.
Old 16-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have been wondering if the so-called twin flame craze is a result of the collective raising of human consciousness.

Increasing numbers of people (even outside of spiritual circles) are talking about metaphysical subjects. Intuition, telepathy, synchronicity and other things like that would at one time would have been viewed as paranormal, but more and more people say they have personal experiences that have them convinced. The field of theoretical physics is exploding, and people with moderate intelligence can now access a generalized understanding of quantum physics.

In this landscape of awakening consciousness, it is becoming difficult to hide behind pretense. What may at one time have been a case of forbidden love can take on a new life when both parties find themselves enmeshed in the thoughts and feelings of their would-be lover day and night. It used to be we could state assertively that we are not interested in someone and whatever feelings we were trying to hide would fade over time.

Perhaps love is in fact the paramount and divine energy of life? The more awake we become, the less we will be able to escape the power of true love. Maybe we are not accustomed to the forcefulness of love, because we have always assumed was just some kind of pleasing emotion. So in this transitional time in human consciousness, love itself, the unwavering force, becomes our Divine- the energy that dictates that which is out of our control. It seems supernatural.

I do actually believe that this love is telling me what I am intended to do, who I am intended to be, where I should go... what this energy wants from me. I try to adhere to this powerful force of love, and conflict comes when I or my counterpart resist and try to maintain a grasp on our lives. We want to be in control of such things.

It's a conundrum. I believe it is a new kind of conundrum, or one that is more likely to happen as human consciousness continues to rise. I imagine who we we are bound to through love is as certain as who gave birth to us. Unchanging and involuntary. Possibly one day we will laugh at the idea of "selecting" a mate in life.

DP - I couldn't have said it any better - you seem very much like me and my TF we DON'T get caught up in romance and powder puff love, we both are experienced at summarizing emotions and moving forward - yet we both feel like this is way outside of our control and anything we do to step away just brings us conflict that is futile to resist.

I believe too whether we like it or not we are getting forced through the evolutionary process, old variations of what we believed to be love may as well be thrown out the window as this new Devine energy replaces every old concept.

This is awesome - the way you have described it is exactly the way I see it also thank you for articulating it so well :)
Old 16-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Master

I had never even heard of the word TwinFlame before i met mine ....i had heard of soulmates but never really believed in it( thought it was just fairy tail **) until one day someone said to me and my hubby you guys are soulmates ,you get on so well and i thought oh yeah what ever lol...but the more i thought about it the more i started to kind of believed it ,we have both said we feel like we have known each other before and do get on well and were brought together under really weird circumstances etc... anyway,i had always thought we only had one soulmate and was very happy with my hubby ...then i met who i now believe to be my Tf and man the feelings were intense and thats when i started thinking well if hubby is my soulmate and we only have one then who the heck is this guy? ......That lead me to lots of googling at somehow i ended up finding out about Tfs and it suddenly made so much sense,i do feel like i was guided to find out about TFs ......So i def didn't go searching for mine ,i was n't searching for my hubby when i met him either .......I don't actually believe i am the other half of this person ( i find that hard to get my head around ) but i do believe there is def some connection there (which has been confirmed by Tf ,he feels it too ) and plus there has been so many strange things happen since meeting him .......Yes i believe there are prob some people who grab this concept and go in search for their Tf and try to fit it into every relationship ,most def .......Hey maybe the whole Tf thing is nothing but some fairytail ....i guess one day we will all find out .....i just know for me personally it is one of the weirdest /loveliest /most fustrating thing i have ever gone through ...well am still going through it ...
Old 17-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Master
I've said this numerous times, but I absolutely hate the term Twinflame, I also think it's some craze or fad, but that said, like many here, when I 'found' this person, it was something I never experienced... if you've not read how I 'found' him in other threads, I'll mention it again... I was anti-religious, but a time came when it got into my mind that I needed to go to church, but not just any church...a born again type (the kind that I mocked the most...yeah, I know...)... anyway, I'm going to this fundalmentalist christian church, feeling every much uncomfortable and trying to believe... sometimes it was okay...but I'm searching. Well, this old school mate of mine from the 8th grade comes in and we are talking and she asked if I had ever been to this particular church 45 minutes away. I said no. She said I needed to go. I thought it odd, but then dismissed it. She was just visiting the area and stopped in. Well, 4 months later she is back. First thing out of her mouth is "Did you go to _____ church? I said no. She said I needed to go. But this time I felt really that I needed to go. He was front another state and had come to my state to go to a bible college and then married someone he was introduced to and they moved 45 minutes from where I lived.

I found a friend to go with me...I went and believe me, I was not looking for anyone....I was hopeful to have some amazing wonderful spiritual experience...I wasn't in that church 2 minutes when I saw him on stage with about 15 people on the worship team. Looking for a man I was not. I was married, even though it was a miserable, abusive relationship... but I saw him and everything just stopped. I saw no one else, I heard no one else. what I remember most was this very audible internal voice saying "There he is". I shook. I found a seat and I couldn't keep my eyes off him, but he was looking at me as well. When he did, I lowered my head like a shy school girl and that's just what I felt like. When he sat down, he continued to look back over at me. I wanted to run out of there quickly when the service was over and I had every intention to do so, but as I'm trying to get out of the isle,he's trying to find his way to me. We collide and I'm melting...I'm shaking...oddly enough, one of the first things out of my mouth is "how old are you?" I already knew. I was older than he and it would be something that would bother him at times... I'm 9 years older. He invited me to come and talk with him as he knew I had some issues...we became best friends and now we are both divorced from our spouses and in a relationship. He was married to a very controlling and selfish woman (she ran off with her first love who ditched her the minute she moved back to her home state) ...oddly enough my ex is with his first love now lol.

We both have tried to break away from each other but it caused both of us incredible grief.

Oh, he was was given a word once and everything the woman said fit his finding me....and one time I was at work and had a very rough time and was in tears and he called and then began humming a song... I said do you know what song that is? He didn't know...he said it just came to his mind and to hum it to me. I said but do you know the song? he did not. I told him the title (Someone to Watch Over Me) and it was a song I loved since I was a child and would sing (the song is older than I am, but I always loved old songs and movies)... anyway, I gave him the lyrics and he was blown away by them...and moreso that he didn't even know the song and to have the words corrulate with the prophecy given to him and (he was a pastor)...

Anyway, honestly I never would wish this on anyone. I've never experienced anything like this...I ran from people. I was afraid to get close to anyone. I dated, but if a man expressed interest in me, i was gone. My ex husband was more like a stalker and I tried to break up with him constantly... I also had dreams of him as a child, the name, the face. it's all just so weird.