Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Sequoia

So, if a white man/woman comes to you, meaning only good will...trying to help the Native Americans...using their white skin for good...using it to the advantage of the red man as well as all men/women....Do u still see them as evil?

Will we ever be as one? You are Native American, yes. Your people were here first, yes. But, just as the ocean's run through your veins, so they also run through mine. I stand under a mighty Oak and am sheltered by its angelic branches...So you are also.

I seek only to learn. Will you turn me away...and others like me...for something that someone who means NOTHING to us did?

Besides, the time of the destroyers is coming to an end. The Rainbow Warriors, sons and daughters from all tribes, nations and colors are going to come together and restore the Earth to her original beauty....In that day, the Red Man's wisdom will sink deep into the roots and vibrant fruit will grow across the land. The Sacred Hoop that has been broken will be restored and the Red Wood trees that have been cut, will be cut no more. Won't you join me, my brother?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Wisa'ka

Crazy Horse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku8ga-krBe4

John Trudell, Mining our minds for the machine -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GgUyZ4F7CU
Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Sequoia

Just wanted to add, I read the link you posted. Thank you posting it. As always, much respect~
Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Master

I think every race or culture has an exclusionary aspect to it, and some follow that but not everyone. It is the same for the Japanese culture, which teaches their children that if you are not 100% Japanese, you are looked down upon as being an inferior being, no matter what race or culture you are. It is the same for African Americans, some believe that the more mainstream you become, that you are selling out (Bill Cosby has had to deal with that (or not deal with that, as he likes to do) but the mentality is there. And President Obama is half African American, so some African American's don't consider him African American. The list could go on and on. I think as a Human Being on this Planet, it is up to us to decide if our race or culture is the only thing that matters, or if we can choose to just be a part of the Human Race? Does it really matter anymore what percentage of what that we are?

I like this forum because you cannot tell by someone's name, usually, if they are male or female, and I never look. I guess I am a bad guesser, because when I find out what the gender is of that person, usually through something they posted, I have usually concluded they are the other gender. Does it make a difference to how I view them? Sometimes, sometimes not. But if I can't even tell if they are male or female, why the heck would I care what color they are, or what culture they come from? I treat everyone as if we are all on the same playing field and here to learn and share, but it is sad when I run across this idea again of exclusionation.

I had this beautiful channeling I had done for someone with a Native American name, I guess you could call it, and it was from someone who never told me who he was - I just got the word Shaman. The feeling was Native American and the energy felt very patient and powerful. Did I connect to this energy because the questioner had a Native American "name", because I have a tiny bit of Native American in my ancestry, or because this entity just wanted to step forward and guide that person? I don't know, but I feel because I didn't exclude any higher guide, he was able to step forward. I am an equal opportunity channel, and I just feel that it might help people to start questioning why someone has to have 100% of anything to be considered for whatever, and just start speaking your truth, wherever it comes from...
Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Wisa'ka

[quote=Sequoia
You are Native American[/QUOTE]

No, I am Shawnee. Over 500 years ago we were a native people and didn't know what the word American meant. Now with the movement, some of us prefer 'American Indian'

For so long Indians have been asked to 'join us' and those who did had their lives profoundly changed and made to forget who they originally were. Those who did not join were thought of in a bad way, made war against, killed and contained. Be it bad or good, there are serious trust issues.

I'm going fishing now, but will be back later to talk more.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Sequoia

Just got finished viewing the Crazy Horse video. Thank you for posting it. We ARE the seventh generation...did you notice how that is repeated? Of course, you did, that is why you posted it, yes? Many reasons, perhaps, but that is one...I am sure.

We are connecting...in some way I can feel it. The video was confirmation of that. I wish to learn as much as you wish to teach. My heart is a vessel...open for WISDOM, TRUTH and LOVE

No one can change the past, and I know I am not alone when I say I wish I could. There have been many tragedies in the past, many, many bad things happened. What can be done? Will there ever be enough rain to wash away the crimson stains of blood?

The men who wear my same color did not want to be barbaric as the 'modern' age approached. They did not kill the man, but set out to murder the 'Indian' instead. The Red Man was stripped of his right to worship the Great Spirit, the men could not hunt or fish. They could not even work for a white man! In my state of Georgia it was illegal for a Native American to live here until 1980!!! For the Muscogee-Creeks, the Green Corn Festival was a very important annual event. Corn was an essential crop for them. The state of georgia took that away from them and forced them to convert to Christanity in order to keep their land and stay here. It still makes my stomach cramp to think of it. But then, during the Indian Removal Act, they ended up making them leave anyway!

The People (Muscogee-Creek, Native people who lived in my area) were stripped of their land and forced to move to Oklahoma. The men, who had been dependent on settlers, had forgotten how to hunt. They had to learn all over again. The People were put on Reservations...third world countries inside the 'great nation that is america'. The white men came with big words and lots of pretty speech, but there was only deception and greed behind it. Like one of those beautifully adorned eggs, but when you open it, it is rotten and has maggots inside...

How do THEY sleep at night? I don't know, friend. But, I hope not very well!!

I sit at night and watch the rain; the thunder sounds like drums...the aching in my heart reveals to me the pain. I'd walk that walk....and a thousand miles more. I'd walk barefoot, naked...rain, shine or storm. The People inherited the Earth. They knew that all wisdom comes from Her. That we are all connected. There is no devil...only the serpent...who whispers to us ALL...the words of Grima Wormtongue, that drip like honey, but when tasted are poison in our veins!

If it means anything, and I don't care who hears...I would gladly give my life to save the People...give my soul to save them from walking that dreaded Trail of Tears. People of my People. Blood of my blood. If I could walk in your place---believe me---I would.

Take me down to the River, down to the Stream...wash away my whiteness...I cannot bare it another day! Paint my skin with the thick, Georgia clay....Red, pure and Clean~~~Oh, Great Spirit..Show me The Way!

Ancient Grandfathers, Spirits of Earth, Wind and Sky and ALL my Relations!....I honor you always...and in my heart...your memory will forever fly.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Sequoia

I am going to go and try to learn more about the Shawnees. Thank you for correcting me about saying you are Shawnee and NOT Native American. It's those sort of things that I need to be aware of. I have been learning some Muscogee Creek words and pronounciations. As w/ learning any new language it's difficult, but I will stay at it..I really enjoy learning new things...

Have fun fishing. Talk to ya when ya get back friend. I don't know if you use FACebook, but if you do look me up, my name is Desiree Beyer Green.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Sequoia

Sorry to write back so quickly, but just wanted to share these simple words w/ you to let you know what I had learned...

Bezon!

neawh...I tried searching for something really cool. Something that might impress you, but I couldn't find anything. I really wanted to say 'your spirit is beautiful'...but there are three diff groups of Shawnee so I'm not sure which one. I don't want to offend you at all...
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Wisa'ka

By being here and having these conversations could be seen as a start.

Why does there have to be such a rush in becoming familiar with someone. ? Before anything productive can be accomplished, wouldn’t be better to make talk for awhile ?

Sorry, but I don’t do the FB.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Sequoia

I'm sorry...I get overexcited...I'm still such a child, but I AM learning to quiet my mind...Yes, I want to talk and learn very much :)