Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-12-2010, 08:34 AM
mac

At risk again of incurring the displeasure of moderators, this is not the right forum to discuss the subject of spirituality.

I accept that the word 'spiritualist' (lower case 's' for distinction) has an altogether different meaning in other contexts, and on other websites, but this is not the case here unless I personally am totally misunderstanding the situation.

I repeat the point I made earlier. Spiritualism, in the subject group 'Religions and Faiths', refers to the religion and philosophy of Modern Spiritualism. I am very upset at the disregard and disrespect shown to my religious beliefs.

I have reproduced a section of the forum rules dealing with respect: "Respect: Please respect other members and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times."

In this context may I respectfully ask contributors not to continue discussing this subject here?
Old 20-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Master
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
Old 20-12-2010, 08:51 AM
glenos

As much as I like banter, ribbing, and playful exchanges I don't step in to for example, the Islam forum or the Hinduism forums to do it. Robbie you should know better you naughty man ;0)

G
Old 20-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
As much as I like banter, ribbing, and playful exchanges I don't step in to for example, the Islam forum or the Hinduism forums to do it. Robbie you should know better you naughty man ;0)

G
This is what I cannot understand ?, all I see is someone asking a genuine question and all I have done was give a genuine answer, I must be missing something because as far as i know this is a spiritualism thread, so please fill me in ???.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:12 AM
glenos

'Spiritualism' is a religion, my religion, the one I have subscribed to for getting on 40yrs. If I am asked "what religion are you?" I answer 'Spiritualist'. This discussion is about being spiritual or spiritualism but not 'Spiritualism' here in the Religions and Faiths department. A small distinction to some but to me a big one and I guess other 'Spiritualists' on the forum.

G

Had to come back to edit... The subject is a worthy one (of course) but it's in the wrong place.

Peace
Old 20-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
'Spiritualism' is a religion, my religion, the one I have subscribed to for getting on 40yrs. If I am asked "what religion are you?" I answer 'Spiritualist'. This discussion is about being spiritual or spiritualism but not 'Spiritualism' here in the Religions and Faiths department. A small distinction to some but to me a big one and I guess other 'Spiritualists' on the forum.

G
Ok then I'll take your word for it, but it doesn't bother me as i don't have any belief systems at all and this is probably why I didn't notice anything wrong. Be well my friend and thanks.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:26 AM
glenos

Cheers Rob. Top man :0)

G
Old 20-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Sangress

I hate titles. I've never even heard of it classed as a religion.

I plead ignorance.

Sorry if I've offended anyone.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:44 AM
glenos

It is a recognised religion in the UK. People get married, christened, have "funeral" services etc in them.

Gawd, another edit, sorry.. Wiki 'Spiritualism' S.

G
Old 20-12-2010, 10:06 AM
TheDivine

The type of healing work I do requires at least a one hour consultation, plus an additional 30-45 minutes to do acupuncture or whatever else is needed. There may be unofficial counseling during the appointment where the patient is just telling me what's going on with their life.

Money is just energy, like anything else. It represents an exchange, and I believe it's fair for the work that is done. Any kind of work that you do for someone else, whether it's physical, spiritual, mental/emotional, etc. requires you to give energy to the other person. Money is one way to give energy back.

I also accept barter if the other person has something of equal value I need that they want to trade for my services. I do not have unlimited life force and my day has finite time and energy. Not to mention it took years to gather the experience and wisdom I have, through a lot of hard work and sometimes even suffering. I don't think asking for repayment is unethical, especially if the person will definitely gain from it.