Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-08-2022, 11:51 PM
Master
The mind is very easily programmed and very easily impressed.

I think the key is going into any practice, whether meditation or presence and mindfulness in life, is understanding the minds first. Understanding how it’s a program, either leading everything you go through, or an open slate, where it simply serves to move deeper and allows you to become the witness of everything your going through.

What your saying would serve too. It’s another way to change the minds channel. It’s a programmable device, that can be used in any light we decide to see it.

People underestimate the power to change their minds. Once you get that, you can shift immediately any time, any where.
Old 29-08-2022, 06:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
What your saying would serve too. It’s another way to change the minds channel. It’s a programmable device, that can be used in any light we decide to see it..

Yes paradoxically enough, if we see the mind for what it is more and more then
instead of being overwhelmed or entrapped by it we get to use it in some very unique and creative ways. Also we get to appreciate the wonders of other's creations here on Earth. What your post makes me realise is this is different than identifying with the mind in the sense of becoming caught up and imprisoned by it. Once you begin to see that you are the Self and not the mind body organism as such then we come into right relationship to the mind more and more.
Sometimes we have downloads from the 'Self' from God, whatever terms we use. I use to have one and it was, how could I be anywhere else at this moment in time, I couldn't.... I know that was coming from 'God' or the 'Self' because as I write about it now I can't really feel the profoundity of that realisation like when i had it full on. Quiet amazing isn't it that we get these little messages coming or breaking through !!

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 29-08-2022, 09:16 AM
Master
Yes I call it my clarity/insight that’s clear me. Yet it is me lol.

The talk about ‘beyond’ mind that happens on here comes to mind in this moment. Some argue there is no beyond mind. Yet in the direct experience it does feel like it’s coming in from something’ not you’ yet it’s a part of you, creating the clarity by letting go fully.

So if process activates a point clarity, insight naturally follows.

If you don’t get caught up in process or mind, clarity will still follow.

The difference is the suffering the mind creates, such as overwhelm or unnecessary worry into what just is.

Getting back to this inflow, or download, it can occur spontaneously by sitting and asking, allowing. It can also flow in while one sleeps aware or not.

This generally is referenced as a guiding force, but I suppose it simply represents and illuminates the spiritsual wisdom already understood and part of the great pool of consciousness/creation.

As humans we are only as wise as the wisdom already attained and created is perhaps? So the ‘one mind’ or one source holds all creation created? So this filters through the whole in readiness of each human I suppose.
Old 29-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Master

Yes I guess so, that there has been many flavours left by spiritual insight. Sometimes you believe them not to be there but sometime the door is opened again and there is a rich aroma coming out from the Realisation Kitchen ! I've had experiences alright that seemed to be outside of me in a sense, and your normal apparatus at that time for functioning as a human can't quite deal with the download, it places it outside and moans that the RAM is not big enough. lol
Yes as you say things can and do download spontaneously ! No work is required but then again you sometimes find that the work has been done somewhere along the line. This is also a complaint against some non duality teachers... they say to others not to strive for enlightenment, not to meditate and yet nearly all them have taken this path at some point.

As the great Zen teacher Suzuki Roshi said, “Gaining enlightenment is an accident. Spiritual practice simply makes us accident-prone.”

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 30-08-2022, 07:14 AM
Master

Downloading or opening to our own unconditional loving nature is not an easy
path especially if we have suffered alot. The suffering usually sends us out looking for answers and so begins the spiritual search.
We hopefully embrace something much bigger than the types of sufferings we found ourselves in.

Old 31-08-2022, 12:46 AM
Master
(Editting size)

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 31-08-2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old 31-08-2022, 04:01 PM
Master

need for effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc

Yes as you say things can and do download spontaneously ! No work is required but then again you sometimes find that the work has been done somewhere along the line. This is also a complaint against some non duality teachers... they say to others not to strive for enlightenment, not to meditate and yet nearly all them have taken this path at some point.

As the great Zen teacher Suzuki Roshi said, “Gaining enlightenment is an accident. Spiritual practice simply makes us accident-prone.”

Well said . Grace of God too happens after we do something to earn it. It's Grace because its disproportionate to our efforts. God's descending grace meets only to ascending efforts .
Old 01-09-2022, 10:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I like that, it is what it is. But the isness can only be realised, unconditionally, or preconditionally, by surrendering fully to what is, without thinking about it,

Thank you for your post. I liked the analogy of the aeroplane flying at 200mph and the resistance that the mind puts up. I will read your post in more detail as it seems it's got alot of great things to say.

Once or twice on my spiritual journey I have thought about how thinking could or might become Prajna or Wisdom. Also if this is not the case then are there crude and gross forms of thinking ? Or is all thinking off the cards ?

Perhaps I've put that the wrong way, what I meant to say was ..when realisation of this 'Isness' takes place. Then the whole being can use the platform of thinking to promote point or insinuate reality ? So in this respect the thinking is not coming from a Samsaric mind but from an enlightened mind and as such may appear as the same type of language and words but convey very different meanings ? What do you think ? Thanks.