Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfay
There are about 5 earthbounds in my home. A young African American boy - I've seen him twice, a little Caucasian boy around 4 or 5 - seen him off and on for months, a 14 year old girl who has spoken to me several times, a Caucasian lady I first saw yesterday and a Hispanic woman came to me today - she had been strangled. I have a strong feeling they all sucumbed to foul play. I am torn what to do. I have asked St. Michael and my guides for help. The Hispanic woman has been with me off and on all day. I have been told not to cross them over, especially since I don't know what I am doing. I feel they came to me for help. I'M torn what to do. Should I try to send them to the light or ...?

Dear Elfay, have you ever seen a light tower? This is how you must appear to them. Do you think, this is an accident? Crossing them over is not difficult no can you do anything to harm anyone. No one can cross over unless they have a certain balance within. This needs to be your focus.
I find it helpful to call on my friends on the other side to help. Since you are Fae, you can call on your own kind to help, or otherwise those of the angelic realm. Once an earthbound it willing the angelics can help balancing their energy. This is where your function might be, talk to them , get them to trust the process.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:26 AM
münchen444

Dear Elfay,

If your actions are guided by Love and your inner truth, you will know what to do. You seem to be a very empathic and loving person (this is why, I believe, the spirits are coming to you and your family -- they sense and see this Love surrounding you) and for this reason I doubt you will have any trouble if you follow your instincts with this.

I agree with Kaere’s thoughts and suggestions on this. This is how I handled (past-tense because I refuse to do this work, anymore) these situations, myself. All I can do is add my own thoughts and experiences.

I always, always surrounded myself in spiritual protection before and during this type of work. Always. Everyone has their own manners of protection. I am very close to the angels and always, always ask them to please protect and guide me. They always do. Others have their own ways that they feel most comfortable with. The key, here, is making sure you are safe and protected.

I know what you mean in saying that you don’t feel you have the right to cross them over. I never felt I had that right, either. Like Kaere said: this is about their free-will. It’s also about respecting the spirit. The spirit is usually confused and scared enough without feeling forced/that their free-will is being infringed. If they feel forced, they’ll usually resist more than normal or vanish feeling misunderstood and without getting the help they need. This is how I feel about this: how would I feel if I were in shock/confused and someone was trying to push me into some great unknown? I would vanish, too, even more confused and scared than before.

Most spirits either don’t know they’re dead and/or don’t trust what’s on the other side. These are the two main reasons that I have found for why they stay earthbound. I would explain the facts to the extent I felt right for each spirit. A lot of this is intuition and being a channel of Love, I found.

Most spirits, I've found, will not cross over until they see loved ones/family. They need to see a familiar face and then and only then do they seem to trust that that Light isn’t a trick and that all will be o.k. Their guides and loved ones seem to be the ones that do the majority of the work in the crossing over. The best I could do was to help get everyone on the same page, so to say. If that makes sense?

May I recommend a book to you? Eyes of an Angel by Paul Elder. It gives great insight into the other-side and also the crossing-over process, also explaining how it is for the spirits, themselves, to cross-over which I think is crucial for us to consider so that we can be as compassionate and empathetic to their needs as possible during what is really a very confusing and scary time, for them. Really a must-have book for such work, I think.

I wish you the very best.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Master
Thank you Rah nam for your advice. I often feel that they come to me to help them cross over. To help show them the way. About 6 years ago I had a little boy come to me, he was around 4 or 5, he was very mischievious like young children are. I tried to show him the light, I explained to him there were people waiting for him in the light. Not to be afraid. I really believe he did cross over and came back years later to tell me he was happy he did. He showed himself to me, he had this huge smile on his face ! The first time his energy was off, erratic like and the last time he was at peace. I suppose he came back to thank me for the kindness I showed him and helping him.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 22-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Master
Wow Muchen444 ! That's such awesome advice ! I try to protect myself when talking/helping spirits and when I can't I ask my guides and angels to protect me. Not sure why I am drawn to help them. I try not to but I find myself wanting to help them. During the time they are here I often feel so drained, worn out. Even from the ones not looking to me for help. My husband's grandpa is here with us, I use to think he was my son's guide but I don't think he ever crossed over. He means no harm yet he is harming us with his energy. He often drains me.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 22-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Murciélago

I have no reason to help them nor am I inclined to. So I don't, its not my buisness.
Old 22-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Master
I didn't cross any of them over but I did ask Michael, the angels and the spirits here's guides to assist if possible. I do believe all but one crossed over. They all appeared to me and smiled - before when they came to me they all looked either very sad or perplexed. The 5th one, the African American boy, did not cross over. I saw him last night and when he turned to me I saw a Spider Monkey. At first I thought he was a guide, one of my guides, he did not feel like it at all. Then I wondered if he was the boys pet or for some reason attatched to the boy. The pet theory made sense. Though I am thinking he may be the boy's guide I am seeing. I am not sure. I heard the name, "Victor' associated with either the boy or monkey and the word, "murder" which may have come from the monkey.

Old 22-03-2011, 02:42 PM
LightFilledHeart

The question as to whether or not we have the right or the duty to asssit earth-bound spirits in completing their crossing is entirely dependent on whether or not they request assistance. To do so without that would be to step all over their free will choice, and their particular soul's lesson/learning.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Murciélago

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
The question as to whether or not we have the right or the duty to asssit earth-bound spirits in completing their crossing is entirely dependent on whether or not they request assistance. To do so without that would be to step all over their free will choice, and their particular soul's lesson/learning.
Agreed. Why interfere when they don't want us there (or the comsic lesson or something like that)
Old 22-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Enya

Like everything else, if someone appears to need help, then you do your best to help them. I've aided a few people to cross over... only two decided they didn't want to and remained and only one had to be 'pushed' by the owner of the house (because he was causing problems for her children). The others went gladly and it was a wonderful experience to feel the love and light enveloping them as they went.

Dos and don'ts - always ask for protection and support from your spirit guides/angels.

If you feel the person is very resistant or angry, then compromise and ask them not to do whatever they may be doing to bother you. In other words, try to understand why they may feel upset (e.g. you're in their house! :)) In all cases, it's best not to try to force unless you know what you are doing.

Always help them to understand that they can go 'home' when they wish and that their loved ones are waiting for them.

Tell them to look for a doorway or light where their loved one is waiting (you may get a feeling of a mother, wife, husband, child...). Encourage them to go toward that person's love and gently but firmly guide them toward that release.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:25 PM
münchen444

Dear Elfay,

I hope I could help in some way.

I am very relieved you have spiritual protection. Very key, very important -- and very smart!

There could be several things going on with the little boy. Children often don’t understand that they are dead and, depending on how he died (sudden or violent deaths, typically cause that block -- certain illnesses also). You seem to really be getting the sense this boy was murdered? If so, and being so young, he may choose to not cross over, now. He may be of the mindset: “I’m going to stay right here where I know I’m safe.“ He could feel that anyone attached to his former life is not trustworthy (certainly not the murderer(s) and probably not his parents/those people who should have protected him…unless they, too, were murdered). You, however, are not tied to that life and all that trauma he endured, and he senses your compassion, so he may have decided to stick close to you. If that makes sense? He feels protected and secure with you and with trauma victims feeling protected and secure are key. This would be my first guess regarding him not crossing. You would know best what the most probable situation is, though.

Depending on how you feel, you may want to buy one of those larger, bouncy balls one can get for a dollar or two at most shops. He’d probably get a kick out of that (possibly literally: these air-filled balls are very easy for spirits to move around).

I think the spider monkey is attached to the boy, definitely. I think you’re correct on that. Victor could be the little boy’s name. Or, if the spider monkey was a pet, it could have been the name the little boy gave him. Or, Victor could be the murderer. Those are my three best guesses.

It does sound like you are inundated by spirit, regularly. I‘m happy to see you‘re getting along so well with these latest spirits. Still, it is exhausting and, in some cases, traumatic. As when the physical body is worn down by illness and the immune system collapses, our spiritual body can be worn down and left vulnerable to collapse, just the same.

You deserve a special and safe spiritual/emotional spot all your own where no spirit can infringe. One can put up boundaries or “filters“ so that spirit can‘t drain or intrude as often as they do. It’s impossible to really describe how to put up such barriers, as it is such an intricate, personal thing. But I think, in time, if you give it thought and practice, you will find your own way to build such boundaries/filters. A lot of it, I think, is just envisioning the boundaries you need.

Familial spirits can become very involved (as family can in life) -- for positive or negative. I think the same boundaries could be effective, there, though.

For balancing, I use sea salt (set in small dishes or Dixie cups about the home -- if one has pets, being mindful not to leave them anywhere the pet could get at) -- I find it is perfect for calming and absorbing negative energies while not entirely clearing all energy from the home. On “bad days” I’ve just set little bowls of it around me and been able to breathe a sigh of relief -- amazing how it works, but must be changed often when one has a lot of spirit moving around (1-2 times weekly, in such a case). But it’s inexpensive and easy to find (I stock up so it’s always on hand). I have heard of other empaths and mediums taking sea salt scrubs in the shower. There are plenty of other options, too. You’ll find what works best, for you, if you chose to employ any such methods.

I wish you the very best, with all of this.