Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-06-2023, 11:00 AM
When the world around you is still asleep....their minds are not yet active.

Try under a Full Moon in the summer!! :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-06-2023, 11:02 AM
Master
For me, meditation is simply being present, witnessing powerful bliss magnetism pulsate through nadis* (*conduits) 24x7 in an unending continuum by day and night. As such, attention is automatically fixated thus, without any attempt on my part to regulate the electricity. Even in the midst of activity as needed to be done, for example, composing this post, the current remains unabated. So maybe this is not meditation but a constant state of being-ness.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
...my eyesight is growing weak and I really only have good vision in one eye.
I noticed I really botched a post in this meditation section, continually saying “disciple” when I meant “discipline.”
Oh, Sweet Starman ...I saw that and wanted so much to correct it.
Pm me next time I'll fix it..and still can!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-06-2023, 11:13 AM
Standing in a check out line...try being aware of Awareness ...that which is looking out of your eyes 'just aware'....that is not 'you'...
the you you think is you.

I told my sister ..."I'm practicing being aware of Awareness"" ... the look on her face!! LOL.
That's the sis that doesn't want to hear ONE thing spiritual. Tosses any Self-help book given to her by friends. Gotta laugh.

Old 02-06-2023, 11:17 AM
Master

Miss Hepburn, thank you dearest! I think I’ll just leave it to show how imperfect I can be in this world lol!!!

I give myself permission to make mistakes without judgment, although I know judgment may be visited by others.

Thank you for the love Miss H.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:41 AM
Knower
Every time one thinks to spend a few moments aware of whatever it is that you are aware off. Is the perfect time to meditate.

Other than that it depends on your goal.
For samadhi, early morning is great.
For vipassana, mix up your times and see what your mind is like at different times throughout the day is fun.

Keeping the breath in mind during yoga practice seem to work for me at times..
Old 02-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsquotl
For vipassana, mix up your times and see what your mind is like at different times throughout the day is fun.

Exceptional fun and a learning process at the same time
Old 02-06-2023, 06:10 PM
Master

Quote:
A Hindu might not think of the various yoga paths as a piece meal, ... In my opinion everything in life works towards that one deeper presence, it is just a matter of methodology, and methodologies overlap. There is no better or worst, there are just preferences and conditioning.
And different people have different temperaments. The various yoga paths allow everyone to find whichever practice best suits their particular temperament, whether it is the tendency to physical action, devotional service or mental enquiry.

And as Starman says, there comes a point where the different practices overlap. So the Jnana Yogi who practises mental discrimination will naturally begin to express karma yoga, service without expectation of results, along with an element of love and devotion.

Yes, there are specific yoga practices which do require exploration in depth such as Kriya Yoga or Shabd Yoga. If we just dabble in these practices we will not get very far.

The joy of Yoga is that there is something for everyone whatever our natural tendencies.

Peace
Old 03-06-2023, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
A Hindu might not think of the various yoga paths as a piece meal. onmethodologies overlap. There is no better or worst, there are just preferences and conditioning.
Probably, as I know nothing about yoga, maybe there's just one yoga which is a holistic philosophy, so again, mostly in agreement, but I think to say there's no better and worse is way too accommodating because I know of schools who's practice and traditions are impossible to consolidate with any moral framework. There are teachers who promote practices in which one component directly contradicts another, and there are those who present as teachers but are just are scamming. Because of this, I find the the notion that everything is equally good completely absurd. Hence, I generally promote to be very discerning and filter out the nonsense, and be careful of temptations that can lead you into traps.

I listen to narratives about meditation and mostly I'm like, Wait a sec, this doesn't makes sense. Most narratives are like that because people can just self-declare their spiritual authority and most monks are merely repeating the stuff bound up in their tradition. People overlook their obvious contradictions because it's under a mystical shroud and it's a voice of authority. More rarely there is discourse that is consistent - all the parts fit together - one bit complements another, and when you hear it, in your own mind you're like, Yeah - I can see that works. I have a few favorites because of that - not because I prefer it, but because it all adds up. Of those who add up, I prefer some to others, but what I prefer more or less is a completely different thing to what I discern as meritous based on consistency and congruence. There are meritous speakers I don't like listening to, but I still recognise their validity. There are nonsense speakers that are charming and likable, and I enjoy it, but what they say is quite inane. Then there's the ones that are up to no good, vain ones, ego feeders and abusers of authority - and I given them a wide berth. Not because I prefer, but to be safe and not misled or harmed.

It's up to individuals to sort the chaff from the hay, because it isn't all the same, some stuff is way worse than other stuff, there is good and there is bad. Saying this is mere preference is undermining the real reasons that discerning is so important.

Last edited by Gem : 03-06-2023 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The various yoga paths allow everyone to find whichever practice best suits their particular temperament, whether it is the tendency to physical action, devotional service or mental enquiry.
Do you know because you are experienced in yoga or is this something you thought of, read about or justify in you own mind? I don't know about it. I read a few things and watched teachers on you tube, so I could repeat the stuff I heard of, but I can't say anything from the standpoint of understanding. I don't know if you took this approach either. Maybe Starman did this approach, but I don't know if he did. Hence, all this could be second-hand news, so I have no reason to believe. Not writing it off. Still have an open zero-knowledge mind, but I don't think the OP is following a yoga tradition and I'm just musing that it might be better to keep digging the same well than it is to be distracted into starting a new hole somewhere else. I have not one answer to a single thing I just supposed, so my thrust can only be the OP has to discern for themselves what is for the best and that discerning will reveal meditation in a more sublime light.