Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Master

When you think clearly, away from the influence of Orthodox teaching, you see that it makes perfect sense. A system of love and justice, and a necessary method of spiritual growth.
Unlike eternal damnation or annihilation, which clearly show a complete misunderstanding of the nature of the Divine.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 03-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
When you think clearly, away from the influence of Orthodox teaching, you see that it makes perfect sense. A system of love and justice, and a necessary method of spiritual growth.
Unlike eternal damnation or annihilation, which clearly show a complete misunderstanding of the nature of the Divine.

Exactly. There is no reason to pin faith and reincarnation against each other.

Most people who read the bible just. Don't. Get. It. They haven't studied any of the background symbolism so they have no reference point to interpret it at all. I believe westerners typically misunderstand what god is due to a weird development in our language. Totally lost in translation.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Master
I think in part of what you posted Lisbet, you've touched on a very valid point, that I'd not considered before...

When people who are not religiously orientated quote certain things regarding their interests, understanding and/or beliefs, it almost goes without saying, that they have researched the subject to some depths, possibly over a long period of time...

Whereas those who take their queue from a book, merely reiterate that which has been quoted by one and all ~ Ad infinitum... How can progress be made, if one stays static in what they think, what they do, or say...

That's a really interesting point and something I shall ponder over for some time to come, followed by plenty of research into the principle of such...

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 07-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Master
Thankyou Bartholomew for that very concise and inherently peaceful outlaying of what is. I love it when a whole host of answers, which are there within me but floating without words, are brought together so succinctly and without rancour or argument in any sense. It's brings a clarity to my sense of what is and a deeper and more abiding faith that what seems to be so, what is swirling tantalisingly close but not as yet nailed down, is so.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Thankyou Bartholomew for that very concise and inherently peaceful outlaying of what is. I love it when a whole host of answers, which are there within me but floating without words, are brought together so succinctly and without rancour or argument in any sense. It's brings a clarity to my sense of what is and a deeper and more abiding faith that what seems to be so, what is swirling tantalisingly close but not as yet nailed down, is so.

Most of what I write on this forum is channeled in real time from my spirit friend Bartholomew.

I believe that there is a single unified field in creation (the spiritual universe which informs our physcial one) and that it is perhaps the one that Einstein sought. Then I ask... "why can't we access it?" Bartholomew answers.

I enjoy the read as much as anyone....

BTW Hello to Kiwi's from the Pacific Northwest (bigfoot country).

note: In this current changing of the age Taurus is of great importance in it's relationship with spiritual will.

Last edited by bartholomew : 08-07-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Experiencer

I also want to point out that I was raised on the concept of reincarnation specifically because of my parents' faith in the religion they chose (Buddhism). Remember that Christianity is not the only religion on earth, and I believe, statistically, reincarnation is a belief held by more people on earth than those who oppose the idea. Just to put things into a bit of a different perspective there...
Old 08-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Well, I know reincarnation is mentioned in the bible and everything.

I'm just wondering for those who don't place faith in any religion or certain God, what has been the biggest 'a-ha' moment that has led you to lean more towards the belief in soul plans , reincarnation and the theme that we go thru many lives to experience different scenarios and grow as souls?

I assume on a certain level or possibly the entire level, you all do believe in 'Source' .....but, just not a figure such as Jesus.

Did you struggle with this aspect during your awakening process? If so, how did you get beyond that struggle to free yourself from the limitations that most religions place on people, let alone the fear factor.

Thank you for any input. I look forward to reading your responses.

Loads of reasons. Partly that we know too much to have learned it in a single lifetime.

But also I think I can remember bits of previous lives. Check this out.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=71285
Old 08-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Manifesting29/11

I think that the belief that life is limited to one lifetime is a primary contributor to the widespread fear of death amongst our kind. Knowing at a deep level that you will have many life opportunities both physical and nonphysical is very freeing. The fear of death motivates much of human behavior and the choices we make. I wonder how the world would be different if most people were not afraid of death.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Master
If I ever had an awakening it's not only still going on but started at my birth and I don't think I've ever had an a-ha moments when I was one thing beforehand then became another... or maybe I did, but I suppose what I'm saying is it's all been very gradual... That's not really what I wanted to say but I've said it so it'll do.

Reincarnation has been experiential for me... seeing African masks in a store and asking the proprietor why three of them seemed connected and him telling me they were all from the same village in Senegal, just felt obvious I had been there before. And being in a Japanese restaurant for the first time and ordering peasant food then picking up the bowl and eating with chopsticks after never having been near them... but long before that coming across the Japanese term for teacher being Sensei and finding out it meant 'one who has been before' and linked to the idea of doing in one lifetime and teaching in the next... always seemed a fairly obvious connection, both as an idea of how things worked and how I was attuned to specific materials and how they worked in the sense I was already good at things I'd never been near before.

So for me reincarnation came along as something to explain what I already felt so it was never something to believe in so much as something it was hard not to believe in.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Well, I know reincarnation is mentioned in the bible and everything.
The question doesn't really make any sense. There are religions that include and exclude reincarnation.

Perhaps you are inquiring how one 'knows' instead of just taking it on faith?? For me, I went on OBE (Out of Body) and looked for myself. Meeting other incarnations is pretty convincing.