Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
SpiritWarrior

Personallity

If you do not want to change your personallity then don't...
Why do you want to change???
Your personallity is what makes you and is unique to you..
If you want to become more Positive then think more Positive and Positive things will happen and then your personallity will become more Positive..
Does that make any sense?
Love and Light
Old 07-12-2006, 03:39 PM
AL

The thing is, my personality is that of a male, certain age size colour etc.
But I know that that is not "me" in terms of, the true self. Do I really have the option of staying the same? Do we have a responsibility to change even? Or do we expect everyone else to change and we don't need to for some reason or other?
When we change, the world changes. Yet we look for the world to change. It does anyway, constantly, so why do we have a problem with change?
Do we fear change? Fear that we may end up with even more weaknesses?
What is the relationship between spiritual intellectuality and personality, if any?
The most elevated being in this universe has a personality which is more pure than a child, andindeed is what my true self is like. In this world where aman has to be a real man, and a woman all mature and with kids or you are no one, are we living a lie? Are we encouraged even to live these lies, it makes us weak after all.
Peace
Old 07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Enlightener

Top Hat Morrocco

I think the common idea of "success" has played a large part in shaping how we interact with others.
I too feel that I am not truly a 20 year old white male, necessarily. That';s why it is important to create a vision of who you truly want to be. And, heaven forbid, you lose grounding, all you have to do is look in the mirror and realise who you currently are being.
I used to fear change, I have changed now, but you really made me realise HOW/WHY I had been fearing change.
I feared change because I beleived that I would come out the other end a lesser person, with a lesser existance. I know now that change is entirely up to me, to a certain degree. Change is the only constant in the universe.

"The most elevated being in this universe has a personality which is more pure than a child, and indeed is what my true self is like"

So true!

I think that we have been living the lie, our lie, for so long that it has become natural for us, despite how unnatural it may feel. At least we are beginning to see the truth.

Enlightener
Old 07-12-2006, 03:55 PM
dreamer

From what you write on the forum Al, you have a great personality, you are more insightful than almost anyone else here, some of the things you have written have been so profound and inspiring for me that I find it hard to believe you would want a different personality. You may want to be less hard on yourself, but i think if you stood back and looked at the truth of the matter you would be pretty grateful for who you are and the rare gifts you bring to the table imho. I'm never sure with you if the questions you are asking are rhetorical or genuine, as i say you seem too wise to be genuinely having the doubts you express sometimes, but if you do genuinely ask these questions all i can say is imo you are a dude and i always read your posts because there is always something of interest and worth to be taken from them and what higher compliment could i give to a fellow poster?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:02 PM
AL

Thanks for your support and kind words. Making me feel welcome even, that can be a simple yet huge thing in this world.
My Question may be rhetorical I must admit, though not entirely as I am always working on myself (or not as the cas may be) as the old traits are never far from the surface. So we get reminders when we get too slack.
The reason a baby's personality is more powerfull is because it has not developed EGO of the body yet IE gendre, age, roles etc.
The baby is closer to the original personality of the soul in other words. Remember, we are talking about a being who cannot communicate with words.
I have been holding back, fear of not fitting in to the world any more, fear of what others may think of this very gentle man. Fear of being persecuted for being the ultimate man, which has always been a GENTLE man. I live in the most violent country in the "developed" world.
I have no option now but to allow my angelic true self to come to the surface, with disregard to what anyone thinks because I can't take any more of this mad and predatory world.
I have the tools, as many of you do, it is time to use them and share them.
Love and peace.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Enlightener

You have to be the change you want to see in the world, that is the best way to change the world.

Enlightener
Old 11-12-2006, 12:23 AM
dreamer

Hey Al,
Maybe more a being who does not need to communicate with words fits better? Holding back becomes a habit huh, I suffer too from this which causes much deeply surpressed guilt from the knowledge that I do not give all that i can - adding to the general dis-ease within. I tried to do it myself but then realised i can hand it all to my highest self/God which seems to be the only way to harmony imo - an opinion i fought against for a long time - but to be honest i've done too many bad things in my life to be able to act in humility without some sort of divine forgiveness. Being brought up a catholic put me off but thankfully i can see through the distortions now and find myself more zealous but without the judgement side of it which is quite healing in itself, all through the grace of something pure and good and forgiving.

Go for it!! As I say you come across so well from what you post, it seems that you are already there a lot of the time from this perspective. Maybe your hesitation is part of the gift you have been blessed with, after all you will no doubt be more able to bring light to those who would probably not respond to dogmatic preaching as a result of your own soul searching, what a valuable perspective that is to offer when the time(s) are right. If that makes sense?

I wish you the best, and the courage to surrender. (if that doesn't sound to pompous - but genuinely i do)

Ha, ha just became and ascender - this fits the dream state huh?? Is SF a channel for something higher i wonder??

Last edited by dreamer : 11-12-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Closed Thread