Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 26-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
All that fixing everyone else made me ill in the process

Definitely appreciate the insight as always. I've strayed away from being conscious of helping other more than myself.

But on a very personal note I've always been one to help everyone. and it took me 27 years while sitting with a therapist helping her with her issues that i realized my issue is ignoring my own lawn. and from that point i regressed on that front. and have ended up here. now I'm trying to learn the balance of my calling and not danger my spiritual and mental health.
Old 26-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterkiss
i'm curious what, beyond vegan which isn't crazy of course, they might find crazy.

All the people who have watched me transform in the past year.
they know and miss the "old me" i have not been attacked by anyone just alot of people giving me their observation on how weird I've become recently.

I don't eat meat. I meditate. I made OM stickers for my car. i sold my caddy and bought a beat up honda civic. I wear sandals and walk bear foot as much as possible. I tell people i love them and appreciate them. I read books about lucid dreaming and crystals and tarot. i carry crystals and hurry home to put them on me window sill during full moons and my favorite i listen to relaxing and calm music if binaural beats . i try to stop people from killing bugs. you know normal things
Old 26-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
i realized my issue is ignoring my own lawn
Some very good insights there, great post. I have never believed in the so-called dangers of spiritual seeking, only the danger of not staying grounded while seeking. It's not a spiritual problem, it's a practical problem, a living-life problem. People chase after spirit and avoid living real life. You can't do that without losing your self.

And I now spend my time ignoring my lawn. The grass is getting high but the daises are coming out and they look great, it would be a shame to mow them down. Plus I have to go sit by the ocean and watch the seagulls.
Old 29-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I've been confronted with a lot of people calling me crazy. because of my views on life eating habits (vegan) and general spirituality.
Now i know this is their issue and not mine but I'm still curious to how most people on here deal with this.
Sounds to me like you are doing great. Regarding being a vegan or vegetarian or whatever I am nowadays, I just change the subject. Over and over especially for family. Seems to take forever but eventually they left me alone for the most part.

Regarding crazy spirituality, I think of a quote from Bruce Lee's teacher in the Bruce Lee Story movie. Something like:
"Superstition is a name used by the ignorant to describe their ignorance"

That makes me smile and then I move on.

On the practical side of spirituality I would say it is very challenging to know what to say to people. I actively translate or censor any discussion related to my beliefs or spiritual experience to be appropriate to the context of whom I am speaking with. Saying as little as possible while speaking as truly as possible. There are many ways to bridge the gap genuinely without betraying yourself or feeling dishonest. When people express discomfort it can be seen as a message that they really do want to connect but they are being dominated by fear instead.
Old 29-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Newbie ;)

I can relate to what you are going through as I too get judged or called all kinds of names just for my choices for my own life. I am amazed that so many people around us have a problem if we choose to be different. Unfortunately I am too sensitive and so far have not come up with a way to deal with this. The only thing I have realized that it is not my problem and it is the shortcomings of others that make them feel like they need to judge someone even though that person is simply minding their own business. Now I just need to get mentally stronger to get these people out of my mind and not let them affect me so much. Know that my lifestyle choices are correct, not hurting anyone and I respect choices made by others, so they have no right to disrespect me and my choices.
Old 30-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearningsoul
I can relate to what you are going through as I too get judged or called all kinds of names just for my choices for my own life. I am amazed that so many people around us have a problem if we choose to be different. Unfortunately I am too sensitive and so far have not come up with a way to deal with this. The only thing I have realized that it is not my problem and it is the shortcomings of others that make them feel like they need to judge someone even though that person is simply minding their own business. Now I just need to get mentally stronger to get these people out of my mind and not let them affect me so much. Know that my lifestyle choices are correct, not hurting anyone and I respect choices made by others, so they have no right to disrespect me and my choices.

When I'm in this situation i like to say a eckhart quote in my head, or my head likes to say it to me lol.

"What you notice in others you strengthen in yourself."

This plays on both parties for me. reminds me to not pay attention to what they're doing by focusing on me. and also gets me to view them and i usually try to understand why they are doing what they're doing. And then as good practice i usually try to find something about them i like. if i cant find something, i try to get them to smile. I love people's smile's. If all else fails i thank them for they're insight and move on.
Old 30-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Sounds to me like you are doing great. Regarding being a vegan or vegetarian or whatever I am nowadays, I just change the subject. Over and over especially for family. Seems to take forever but eventually they left me alone for the most part.

Regarding crazy spirituality, I think of a quote from Bruce Lee's teacher in the Bruce Lee Story movie. Something like:
"Superstition is a name used by the ignorant to describe their ignorance"

That makes me smile and then I move on.

On the practical side of spirituality I would say it is very challenging to know what to say to people. I actively translate or censor any discussion related to my beliefs or spiritual experience to be appropriate to the context of whom I am speaking with. Saying as little as possible while speaking as truly as possible. There are many ways to bridge the gap genuinely without betraying yourself or feeling dishonest. When people express discomfort it can be seen as a message that they really do want to connect but they are being dominated by fear instead.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm currently learning this day by day. at first i was upset in a sense that i had to filter myself. but now I'm looking at it like a game for my Ego. how can i still be my spiritual self. and do it by being selective on what and how i say things. the concept is semi new to me but I'm looking forward to the challenge!

But at the same time what you said is what i should really be doing "Saying as little as possible"

I notice when i do this i can be more influential at times. (as far as helping people brighten up)

Also The Quote! I will never forget it! thank you again!!!
Old 31-05-2017, 03:13 AM
Guide

Opinions are based on personal life experiences.
Some people are intelligent enough, open-minded enough, to realise that there is variety in the world... Other people are disrespectful and cannot validate something that happened to others and not to them. Whatever it is... a taste, an experience, a feeling, a choice... Basically, they lack emotional intelligence.

I had to deal with a friend like this for years, until i realised that he wasn't a friend at all. He likes to belittle everything i like and everything i've experienced. Even something "stupid" like my musical taste, which is absolutely great. This kind of person wants to predominate and believes his mentality is the ultimate truth. No, thanks!

In my opinion, a person wants to smile with their friends. Wants to have a good time, wants to feel good in their company. It's not healthy for us to deepen friendships with people who don't respect who we are.

And one last thing... Certain people who eat meat , often ridicule vegans. Sometimes i wonder... Do they feel threatened by this phenomenon? Do they fear that meat will no longer be available if too many people choose to eat vegan? Ahah. I don't understand these people. They judge people who hurt no-one (people who probably love animals)... Is it so hard to respect other people's choices?

Last edited by Eyenight : 31-05-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 31-05-2017, 03:24 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
I actively translate or censor any discussion related to my beliefs or spiritual experience to be appropriate to the context of whom I am speaking with. Saying as little as possible while speaking as truly as possible. There are many ways to bridge the gap genuinely without betraying yourself or feeling dishonest.

Very wise. This is a form self protection.
A lesson that i personally have learned too late... but better late than never

The problem is... when you're hungry for intimacy, it is so alienating to meet these kind of people. You realise that the level of intimacy you yearn for is not reachable. You realise that these relationships can only work at a superficial level...

Last edited by Eyenight : 31-05-2017 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Master
I just let people who don't share my beliefs let them have their opinion. I've gotten messaged by one of my Christian friends that my beliefs were; "malarkey" . We were having a verbal disagreement on religion .