Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-11-2011, 12:15 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I didn't realize that there was fundamentalism in Spiritualism.

But, then, you know nothing about Spiritualism anyway, do you?

I repeat: "This forum is that of 'Spiritualism' and specific to that religion. It is not about spirituality etc."
Old 28-11-2011, 12:16 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna
God-The Divine -whatever you wish to call hears all prayers from all all people.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

hari krishna, ditto.... not here please
Old 28-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Master
Sorry Mac, I didn't know where to place this. Maybe a moderator could move it. Personally for me, I don't get hung up on things of this nature because when you start to have a conversation about anything with anyone, a conversation has a way to start at one point, about one specific thing, and then evolves into a different topic.

so do people involved in spitualism pray in any way, shape or form and to anything?

Thanks all, and psychoslice, I hear ya...lol. Ive often thought some sounded like beggars. I talk to God or whatever it is...I cry out my pain at times. I don't ask for new cars and such, although I ask for knowledge on how to accomplish things or get over matters.

Guess I shall exit out quietly as Mac is getting upset as though a person with a watchtower magazine was knocking at his own personal door....
Old 28-11-2011, 01:42 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Sorry Mac, I didn't know where to place this. Maybe a moderator could move it. Personally for me, I don't get hung up on things of this nature because when you start to have a conversation about anything with anyone, a conversation has a way to start at one point, about one specific thing, and then evolves into a different topic.

so do people involved in spitualism pray in any way, shape or form and to anything?

Thanks all, and psychoslice, I hear ya...lol. Ive often thought some sounded like beggars. I talk to God or whatever it is...I cry out my pain at times. I don't ask for new cars and such, although I ask for knowledge on how to accomplish things or get over matters.

Guess I shall exit out quietly as Mac is getting upset as though a person with a watchtower magazine was knocking at his own personal door....

I appreciate your concern but there's no need to apologise. I was simply pointing out the situation to all readers and contributors.

I'm constantly being told off for having this approach to my own religion but I doubt that those of other persuasions, writing in forums about their own religions, would accept similar treatment without similar protest.

I'm not getting "hung up" and as a regular contributor I also have ideas on many other issues.

In answer to your question, yes Spiritualists do pray and they do understand the situation in regard to God. You might also pose that question in all other forums in the Religions and Faiths section - not just in this one.

Finally as for getting upset well you haven't ever seen me upset and that's because I can support everything I say and also because I don't easily get upset. Those who have, in the past, brought 'The Watchtower' to my door might attest to that.

LDS too....
Old 28-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I didn't realize that there was fundamentalism in Spiritualism.

Respect comes to mind rather than fundamentalism. Respect for those who do adhere to the religion of Spiritualism should be the same respect as to those people who adhere to orthodox religions elsewhere, wouldn't you agree?
Old 28-11-2011, 04:48 PM
cleargemstone

Quote:
....for lack of a better title... I like to talk to God...always have, but this may sound stupid, how to you address God when you talk or pray, especially if you do not believe in religions...and you don't really know if God is this grand know all being or the universe or what? How do you address God or whoever/whatever when you pray?

Hello,
You are doing just fine, just carry on as you are " would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?" well of course it would. God or Great Spirit are my faverites, what ever you call your "God" does not really matter as God knows you believe and hears what you say, if you look around, God offten responds to, we just have to open our eyes, ears and minds, Blessings Xxx
Old 28-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Racer X

Quote:
....for lack of a better title... I like to talk to God...always have, but this may sound stupid, how to you address God when you talk or pray, especially if you do not believe in religions...and you don't really know if God is this grand know all being or the universe or what? How do you address God or whoever/whatever when you pray?

It does not matter.....
because it does not matter~

What matters is the feeling in your heart.....
That matters.....
because it matters~

The feeling in the heart is a growing and expanding experience~

One must start exactly where one is .......
Old 28-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
But, then, you know nothing about Spiritualism anyway, do you?

I repeat: "This forum is that of 'Spiritualism' and specific to that religion. It is not about spirituality etc."
you don't know what I know do you ?.
Old 29-11-2011, 01:17 AM
MMM

psycho, don't bait him now.
i've never met a spiritualist who was so sensitive.....

getting back to praying,
there was prayer before there was religion
think about that
Old 29-11-2011, 01:24 AM
eyewish

I saw oh god, lord creator of the universe, sometimes more. Also call upon gods arch angel, my guides and angels to protect and guide me.

I was brough up into hinduism and I felt it hard as I would find myself saying all the gods names, lol. Sometimes i say lord bhrahma, vishnu and shiv, wich is kinda like saying creator operator destroyer as my mum says Generator Operator Destroyer(GOD)