Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Hmm alright so, in summary so far the theories include (this is in general)

Theory 1 - a person can consciously control the flow in/out of chakras in order to affect their energetic perceptions and vibratory frequency. It is a natural behaviour to enhance (or lower) the way (or rate/speed?) a person is functioning for a period of time (whether that be forever or whenever they feel like it) and it is not considered a problem at all, but a skill to learn.

A skilled person can do this consciously, most people cannot. Think of it like your physical health. When your heart is healthy its beat is strong and regular. When it is unhealthy its beat is weak and erratic. Think of an open chakra as a healthy chakra and a closed chakra as unhealthy. To carry the analogy a step further, think of a healthy energetic system as one through which energy flows freely and an unhealthy energetic system as having blockages to energy flow. Imagine a body with poor bloodflow. The body is deprived of sufficient oxygen and nutrients and begins to break down. Likewise, when our energetic system does not flow we are deprived of energy. This will inevitably translate into poor physical health. So while a skilled energy worker could close his/her chakras intentionally it would be unwise to do so for extended periods. It would be like holding one's breath; it might be ok for a short time but can eventually lead to brain damage and death.

- Theory 2 - closed chakras are due to some form of damage or imbalance/blockage created by some form of maltreatment. Symptoms may include certain personality traits (but I think also people may say that the behavioural traits may cause the damage too in some cases?)

The physical is always caused by the spiritual, never the other way around.

Let me know if I've missed anything so far.

Keep the opinions coming please.

But for now I want to challenge this (if you dont mind athribiristan) because I'd enjoy a more in depth look at it and after that I'll ask another question.

Having thought about it, there is a possible purpose for a closed chakra. Deception. If one were to close his/her chakra, they could mislead a sensitive/clairvoyant, but a closed chakra has no intrinsic purpose. It is a sign of poor health.

Why? Are you sure that its not that you just don't know the purpose of it?

I mean, if a persons body does something then surely there is a reason for this reaction right? Some protective mechanism or maybe a sign of attempted healing (a bit like a metaphysical scab on an open wound.)

Also, as for my new question, does everyone (especially the people who adhere to something like the first theory listed above) think that is it optional to have open or closed chakras? And why do you think that?

As mentioned above, good health is optional. One can choose to smoke tobacco, or to deny a particular ability (which will eventually result in the closure of various chakras). The question is: knowing the consequences, why would you?

Thanks.

Loving the thread by the way...its been a long time since someone made me think this much. Thanks Sangress
Old 19-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Sangress

Quote:
Loving the thread by the way...its been a long time since someone made me think this much. Thanks Sangress

No problem. It's a nice change when people think. Lol.

At the end of this (there probably isnt an end but meh) I might share my own answers to all my own questions at length just for the sake of it. Sometimes I find that it's nice to get priorities in order and refresh knowledge by shoving it on a computer screen where I cant loose it.

I've also been preparing an in depth study of a few peoples energy systems, so that might link in with this topic if any of them have damged/closed chakras...etc.

I'm going to try and keep things on track so people can follow along and learn and share as we go.
Old 19-02-2012, 11:19 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
A chakra is kind of like a spinning wheel. Think of a fan. If the fan is operating optimally you can feel the air flowing, if it isn't, the air flow is lessened and so is the cooling effect.

So you can't really have a 'closed' chakra, but you can have them not working properly together. You can have an energy imbalance there that reduces energy flow.

Nicely put pgrundy. The 7 chakras have been described as wheels of energy which channel universal energy in to the body like a vortex created via a vacume....meaning that the body takes what energy it needs. If the Chakra does actually have form i would liken it to a whirly bird on the roof of your house that will spin depending on the amount of energy, in this case heated wind is moving through it. It is not driven but is at the mercy of the conditions being placed on it

Maybe the wheels of energy are not infact wheels and the spinning wheel that has been observed is actually refraction from the energy that is being absorbed showing as a vortex. Much like looking at the plug in your bath while it is draining. When the bath is full you cant see the water going in but when the vacume can pull on some air to mix with it it creates a funnel that can be seen. In this case the chakra would be the plug hole and the vortex a symptom of the process of water traveling through it subjected to hemispherical forces making it spin?

What purpose would there be to close one of them if their purpose is to sustain life?

Wouldnt closing one would result in that area being cut off from energy/life?

Wouldnt closing them all then suggest death?

If we were able to close them would this suggest you could kill someone by shutting off their energy supply?

I think it is a pretty grand idea to consider that we have the ablilty to initially opening a chakra or close one in any person.

I believe we are able to make subtle changes in a person which would vary the flow but i dont believe we can close off someones energy supply from the universe.
Old 20-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Rin

Open and closed are just extreme states which in ordinary life we do not reach. When all the chakras are closed completely we are dead.

The more open a chakra is the more greater the energy flow, subject to other conditions. It is desirable that there is a reasonable balance between all the chakras so that one chakra or aspect of life does not dominate all the others. A complete balance may not be desirable as imbalance provide the impetus for us to move forward. In that sense a chakra which is less open is natural and not unhealthy. It is just something to work on, if one wishes to do so.

One manages the stat of chakras not directly but by managing the interaction with environment. Provide more energy and it will open more, provide less and it will close a bit. In that sense the chakras are not the controllers but the indicators.
Old 20-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Stillness_Speaks

I practice Qigong and what I have learned is basically what the others say, just other words. There are many energy centers and channels in the body though. The focus is on open channels to get free flowing energy (not any closing) - Mental, physical, spiritual health. The main most common factors that cause energy blockages are:
1. Emotions
2. Nutrition
3. Changes of weather and season
4. Environment
5. Wrong medication
6. Injury
Old 21-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Sangress

Hmm, this is a little off topic, but related so eh.

I have a theory (or understanding) that seems to deviate from the norm regarding how chakras opperate.

I believe that chakras are "fragments" or a spark of condensed energy from one (or more) of various larger energetic sources (sometimes referred to as "god" or universal energy among other things) and as a result of that each person is their own energy source.

So I pretty much think chakras create energy, rather than simply processing it.

Another reason for this belief is that I havent seen a single chakra truly interact with external energies. Its like an organ, it is always sheltered within the energetic body.

Rather, it's the aura that interacts externally and filters foreign energies, it also interacts with the energetic "skin" or the innermost layer of the aura which opens and closes like a valve to balance internal energies (otherwise known biologically as Haemostasis....unless I've spelled it incorrectly.)

So hmmm, things are a bit backwards for me it seems and that will probably affect my answer to all the questions posed so far.

Does anyone else share a similar understanding? Has anyone else heard of an understanding like my own before now?
Old 21-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Medium_Laura

This is a really great thread and I love that Res and Rin say pretty much how I believe as well. :)
Old 21-02-2012, 10:49 PM
iolite

Sangress..

When I do energy healing like quantum touch, I pull in energy into my body (feet, and head) and channel it to my heart chakra and then send that heart centered energy out thru my hands. The hand and fingers contain mini energy vortexes (or chakras), I've been told. I don't see the chakras or energy usually.
Old 22-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Aquarian

Seems I have a slightly different view.

Chakras are centers for processing etherial aka subtle energy. I think they don't exist in the causal realm (as described by Yogananda).

When people say their chakras are closed they usually mean blocked.

Blocked chakras are caused by dark energy, which is in turn caused by false beliefs related to that chakra.

So if you eg feel unlovable, your heart 4A chakra will be blocked.

Blocked chakras both limit their processing and impede the flow of energy within the body.

Chakras also mediate the relation cords we use to connect to people we're close with (as described in Light Emerging). A closed chakra implies it's closed to the outside world. This seems to be possible, at least in th short term.
Old 22-02-2012, 08:24 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Another reason for this belief is that I havent seen a single chakra truly interact with external energies. Its like an organ, it is always sheltered within the energetic body.

Hey Sangress, Are you able to locate the chakras? I cant speak for others but when i scan the body i feel the energy being pulled through my palms when i am over a chakra. I believe the energy causes friction and a sensation of heat when directly over it, when it is functioning correctly anyway. Would you class this as a chakra interacting with an external energy? I agree that chakras are housed within the energetic body but if i am interacting with the chakra about 10cm above the body does that imply that it is interacting out side of the energetic body to an external energy namely me? Maybe they are not sheltered and energy can penetrate the energetic body just as easily as energy can penetrate the physical body?