Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-06-2013, 04:52 AM
Lunalove

So what was the point in saying 'when one is Enlightened' in your original post if we're all there anyway? Whether its me, you, or Joe in the gutter?

Are you saying that there are some that are more enlightened than others but they aren't more important than anyone else? I'm just trying to clarify :)
Old 18-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunalove
So what was the point in saying 'when one is Enlightened' in your original post if we're all there anyway? Whether its me, you, or Joe in the gutter?

Are you saying that there are some that are more enlightened than others but they aren't more important than anyone else? I'm just trying to clarify :)
Yes there are those who do see beyond the mere mind, even though its a great tool. If there wasn't then why are everyone chasing something that they believe they need to make them happy, if you just walk up to anyone and tell them, hey!, your enlightened, they would probably think your a nut, but ask them if they are truly happy with their life, and you will discover that many are not, and the main reason is that their after something, but they really don't know what that is, hence the searching.
Old 18-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Master
If its to know myself, then yes if I'm going by your terminology that enlightenment is to know thyself.

Just a question, you said that you know yourself, does that make your life better or not ?.
Old 18-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Lunalove

I agree with your other post above that some people are sort of aimlessly chasing something and that its tiresome because they're never truly happy. I am a very happy woman and my life is a lot better because I've learned to accept myself and I know it. I am learning to love it as well.
Old 18-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
I agree with your other post above that some people are sort of aimlessly chasing something and that its tiresome because they're never truly happy. I am a very happy woman and my life is a lot better because I've learned to accept myself and I know it. I am learning to love it as well.
I am very glad for you, you maybe already what is called Awakened, you just haven't put a label on it, and so you shouldn't. I don't really like using the word Enlightenment, as so many see it in various ways, as also with he word love, but still we have to use some forms of language don't we lol.
Old 18-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Ivy

Lunalove, when I was a child, before I had come across any 'spiritual' talk (my parents weren't into that), I used to talk to god. And I saw god on many levels....But....I felt that my prayer went to a different level depending on what I was praying about - or the energy I was praying with. However, I saw no hierarchy whatsoever. It was simply finding the matching energies.

The adult ego, is conditioned to see success in a linear order...in any western workforce, there is the man at the bottom, worth less financially, than the man at the top. And that way of thinking is reflected into spirituality - not because people are condescending perhaps, but because that conditioning of linear success runs deep as a part of the survival instinct. I don't see that linearity because of the early experience I mentioned above, but as an adult, I know I have to play along with it in my job at least. So it is unsurprising that people project that conditioning onto their spirituality.

But, there is always room, and very welcome in my eyes, to find fellow travellers who don't experience the spiritual world as hierarchical or a linear progression from lesser to greater.

I don't know what philosophy it is, but there is something called the resolution of the opposites...where people can realise that good/bad etc are necessarily one - when taken in, it is easy to see comparatives, much as I saw the levels of consciousness as a child.
Old 18-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Master
Yes we need to have that balance between our childlike and being an adult, one without the other is out of balance, and will never truly work for us.
Old 18-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
We are all on the same level because we come from one point of creation. Why aren't people questioning why celestial life forms are placed on pedestals or why no one asks why people treat them as if they're the gate keepers of helping us evolve spiritually?

This stuff is basic human nature, which it seems is hard to run away from after all. It doesn't happen so much in here nowadays but there were people who thought they were higher Spiritually than those that didn't follow a Spiritual Path. But if it is impossible for there to be a hierarchy of being where does that put guardian angels, Spirit Guides and the like? Perhaps the Pleiadians are more evolved than us 'mere humans', not having met one in the pub I wouldn't know but I can see the sense in what they're trying to put across - it's another step up the ladder. 'Special Pleiadian Forces' I'm not sure about, it sounds more like hyped-up packaging here but if it works for them then power to their elbows.

But then, how do Spiritual people come across to Joe Public sometimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsouller
I think you find that in many circles. People like to measure their journey by something, and see things in schemes of more or less. Like you I believe that though people may be on different stages of their journey, they are neither higher or lower. I find that quite a lot of paths are getting selective. I'm all for knowledge and wisdom, and expansion. But I find that even with the best of intention there is still a lot of ego to bypass. To me true spirituality is beyond comparison. You can see the connections between things and you know that all things at an energy level come from one source, therefore there is no more or less there is just energy expressing itself in a myriad of different ways.

Exactly. Levels of awakening and enlightenment are often talked about in here, they're often benchmarks of a Spiritual Journey. It's not a case of awake vs non-awake or even Spiritual vs non-Spiritual, it's all about Spirit manifesting at different levels. We all choose to wear the mask and there is a myriad of masks to choose from.
Old 18-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
But if it is impossible for there to be a hierarchy of being where does that put guardian angels, Spirit Guides and the like?

I realise that you were responding to Lunalove, but as someone who doesn't view hierarchically, I don't see the logic in your question....as an holistic being, I work on an emotional level, on a physical level, on a spiritual level, on an angelic level, on a god level, on a creative level, on a dram level... in short, as a whole being, I work with all levels of consciousness. And in doing so, I appreciate each for it's part of the whole...without any hierarchy.

Man would wish to be the eagle....but he needs the Bee to live.
Old 19-06-2013, 11:00 AM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Levels of awakening and enlightenment are often talked about in here, they're often benchmarks of a Spiritual Journey. It's not a case of awake vs non-awake or even Spiritual vs non-Spiritual, it's all about Spirit manifesting at different levels. We all choose to wear the mask and there is a myriad of masks to choose from.
Mask? Do you mean identifying with certain aspects e.g. spirituality more than other interests? I hope so and that this is not a dig at pretension. If it is a negative appraisal, then I feel you should speak for yourself rather than make the generalisation that wearing masks is something we all do. I place a high value on being authentic.