Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Master
Google Elegant Universe I think is the title. I posted the link on another thread not long ago, but I can't recall which one. It's a PBS Nova special that began in the beginning of November. Fascinating. Talks about string theory. OkAY, DUH LOL...Lazarus posted it above. Sorry!
Old 22-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Saspian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Splendid description.. equating the Zero Point Field with a more expansive understanding of 'Mind', those 'vibrating notes' can be manifested from consciousness.. and beyond..

Be well..
Thanks for insights all. have sort of felt entangled even thinking about the concept. Your extrapolations will help.
Old 22-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Jules

blimey! I'd forgotten all about this!!!! .. thanks for bringing it back up
Old 02-06-2014, 06:01 PM
elisi

string theory makes me wonder if it's the subject of the native myth of grandmother spider who's web connects all.

just a thought....
Old 04-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Guide
One way to think of the string theory is the cause and effect model. Everything vibrates at its own natural frequency. We are all connected by fabric of space and time (imagine a sheet stretched out). If we pluck one side of the sheet, vibrations ripple out in all direction (2 dimensional in this chase). So the string (1 dimensional example) connects us all. If I pluck my end of the string, another person at the other end will feel that vibration as it transmutes through the string. Now if you pluck the string at the same frequency as the natural frequency of a substance, that substance will resonate causing a amplifying frequency.

So how do we see light? Light is a frequency from the sun or other source that plucks the string and the frequency travels to you along the string.

How do we feel someone else's emotions? Emotions are another energy frequency that travels along this string which specially attuned people can pick up on.

What's is the butterfly effect? It says that something that happens somewhere far away can have an effect somewhere else. This is series of strings that that have been plucked far away and the vibrations have traveled in a way across the string that has caused an effect somewhere else
Old 05-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
One way to think of the string theory is the cause and effect model. Everything vibrates at its own natural frequency. We are all connected by fabric of space and time (imagine a sheet stretched out). If we pluck one side of the sheet, vibrations ripple out in all direction (2 dimensional in this chase). So the string (1 dimensional example) connects us all. If I pluck my end of the string, another person at the other end will feel that vibration as it transmutes through the string. Now if you pluck the string at the same frequency as the natural frequency of a substance, that substance will resonate causing a amplifying frequency.

So how do we see light? Light is a frequency from the sun or other source that plucks the string and the frequency travels to you along the string.

How do we feel someone else's emotions? Emotions are another energy frequency that travels along this string which specially attuned people can pick up on.

What's is the butterfly effect? It says that something that happens somewhere far away can have an effect somewhere else. This is series of strings that that have been plucked far away and the vibrations have traveled in a way across the string that has caused an effect somewhere else

The butterfly effect (refer chaos theory) stipulates that a slight variance in initial conditions produce drastically different outcomes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnlkKdDXk-I
Old 05-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The butterfly effect (refer chaos theory) stipulates that a slight variance in initial conditions produce drastically different outcomes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnlkKdDXk-I

Right. But how does the initial slight difference connect to the more drastic outcome? It's connected by a string (1D) or the fabric of space time(3D). If you understand the physics of vibrations, if a frequency of small amplitude is applied to something else with the same natural frequency, the two frequencies will resonate creating a frequency with a larger amplitude. A more physical example of resonance is a suspension bridge in the wind (golden gate bridge for example). If the wind oscillate at the same natural frequency of the bridge, the swaying if the bridge will resonate and amplify until it becomes unstable and collapses. But winds frequency usually is not constant and engineers are able to design to avoid resonance. My philosophy is that this correlates similarly to the butterfly effect. If I make a small change to something, this will disrupt the natural frequency of that thing and the frequency it releases into the fabric of space time is now different. Something else in a different location with the same natural frequency as the altered frequency of the initial something will now resonate. The "something else in a different location" frequency will amplify due to the resonance, therefor causing a larger effect somewhere else.

I studied vibrations as a engineer major in college. The resonance effect is well understood physically. The more I understand vibrations, the more I see a correlation to my spirituality. I am making a large jump to compare with the butterfly effect however.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 3D > 2D Geodesic Tensegrity Dome-like Structures and Exotics

1D Strings do not exist.

Turn a 3D tetra(4)hedron inside-out, via one of its vertexes going through its diametrically opposite openings, and we the closet scenario we know of to 2D existent reality, i.e. when the tetra(4)hedron is half-way to turning-itself inside-out, the vertex is lying on 2D plane defined by three other vertexes.

Pluck a string/chord ergo a strut on geodesic tensegrity dome-like structure, and because geodesic domes are the most integral structures, that vibration of the plucked string/chord/strut is felt every where on the dome.

A dome is convex-- positive curvature ---integral structure.

One of the posters here show animated graphic for the 5D? membrane defined by string theory and known as Calau Yabo or something like that. It has negative curvature ergo it is more liken to a torus--- ex see a doughnut ---.

Bucky Fuller discovered geodesic domes and further the ideas of tensegrity.

His 3D polyehdral jitterbug--- aka vector flexor --- toy folds in to many exotic shapes that include positive curvature and negative curvature tho many of these exotic shapes are not shown by Fullers explorations below in link.

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...igs/f6008.html

and

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...igs/f6108.html

Fullers Jitterbug also folds into the EM-radiation double-sine wave configuration. There is no other hand-held toy that folds into so many differ exotic configurations as well as turning itself inside-out.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 08-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
Right. But how does the initial slight difference connect to the more drastic outcome?

Deterministically.

Quote:
It's connected by a string (1D) or the fabric of space time(3D). If you understand the physics of vibrations, if a frequency of small amplitude is applied to something else with the same natural frequency, the two frequencies will resonate creating a frequency with a larger amplitude.

Resonance only increases amplitude if force is exerted on the system. Energy is conserved.

Quote:
A more physical example of resonance is a suspension bridge in the wind (golden gate bridge for example). If the wind oscillate at the same natural frequency of the bridge, the swaying if the bridge will resonate and amplify until it becomes unstable and collaps

But winds frequency usually is not constant and engineers are able to design to avoid resonance. My philosophy is that this correlates similarly to the butterfly effect. If I make a small change to something, this will disrupt the natural frequency of that thing and the frequency it releases into the fabric of space time is now different. Something else in a different location with the same natural frequency as the altered frequency of the initial something will now resonate. The "something else in a different location" frequency will amplify due to the resonance, therefor causing a larger effect somewhere else.

Quote:
I studied vibrations as a engineer major in college. The resonance effect is well understood physically. The more I understand vibrations, the more I see a correlation to my spirituality. I am making a large jump to compare with the butterfly effect however.

Chaos theory is interesting because even though any particular prediction is very hard to make, the overall system produces predictable patterns...
Old 08-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
1D Strings do not exist.

Turn a 3D tetra(4)hedron inside-out, via one of its vertexes going through its diametrically opposite openings, and we the closet scenario we know of to 2D existent reality, i.e. when the tetra(4)hedron is half-way to turning-itself inside-out, the vertex is lying on 2D plane defined by three other vertexes.

Pluck a string/chord ergo a strut on geodesic tensegrity dome-like structure, and because geodesic domes are the most integral structures, that vibration of the plucked string/chord/strut is felt every where on the dome.

A dome is convex-- positive curvature ---integral structure.

One of the posters here show animated graphic for the 5D? membrane defined by string theory and known as Calau Yabo or something like that. It has negative curvature ergo it is more liken to a torus--- ex see a doughnut ---.

Bucky Fuller discovered geodesic domes and further the ideas of tensegrity.

His 3D polyehdral jitterbug--- aka vector flexor --- toy folds in to many exotic shapes that include positive curvature and negative curvature tho many of these exotic shapes are not shown by Fullers explorations below in link.

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s04/figs/f6008.html

and

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s04/figs/f6108.html

Fullers Jitterbug also folds into the EM-radiation double-sine wave configuration. There is no other hand-held toy that folds into so many differ exotic configurations as well as turning itself inside-out.

r6

Dimension describes the space that exists between coordinates, and since particle interactions were said to occur at a single location, the notions of space density curvature and gravity wouldn't figure in, but if the interaction occurred with a string, that interaction could be said to occur over a miniscule finite distance (space)... this allowed space density, curvature and gravity to be maintained, so according to string theory, gravity could be described as a particle.