Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-04-2024, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Are the differences in God or your perspectives of God ?

God is still far away from me. I'm not near the source. All the different aspects of God are possibly my perception of Him, but I cannot fathom out the true God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-04-2024, 01:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Let which God be? The selfless, good one or the SELF one? I don't know who God is. There seem to be differences within Him.

EXODUS 3:14 might help you. It reads:

"God said to Moses,I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”"

The word translated as God should have been translated as how that Hebrew word sounds like in Hebrew. It should have been translated as Elohim.

The other entity mentioned is rendered in English as LORD. That word should have been rendered something like how it is spoken in Hebrew and that is Yahweh.

It appears you resonate with Elohim. Elohim has completely different characteristics then Yahweh has. From what I have seen, most people resonate with Elohim but can not distinguish the difference between Yahweh and Elohim.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-04-2024, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
God is still far away from me. I'm not near the source.

I love this quote,
Meister Eckhart-"God is at home, it's we who have gone out for a walk."
Old 17-04-2024, 03:42 PM
Molearner

Quote:
I'm torn in two concerning this issue.
To me it is all a dilemma.

Honza,

What you are experiencing can be likened to a metabolism problem. Going between hot and cold. To find balance and harmony is to bring peace. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled”…..to be filled is to no longer have hunger or thirst….
Old 17-04-2024, 05:51 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

It appears you resonate with Elohim. Elohim has completely different characteristics then Yahweh has. From what I have seen, most people resonate with Elohim but can not distinguish the difference between Yahweh and Elohim.

Big John,

Hard for me to resonate with Elohim…..the God of judgement whereas Yahweh is the covenant God of mercy. Perhaps fundamentalists lean to Elohim……..
Old 17-04-2024, 05:55 PM
Molearner

Given the choice I am drawn to the God that can do something ‘for’ me rather than the God that can do something ‘to’ me……probably because I believe that God is love…….
Old 17-04-2024, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Big John,

Hard for me to resonate with Elohim…..the God of judgement whereas Yahweh is the covenant God of mercy. Perhaps fundamentalists lean to Elohim……..

You claim Elohim is the "God of judgement"?

I don't see how you came up with that?

In Hebrew, Elohim is first mentioned in Genesis 1:1.... actually is mentioned in all of verses of Genesis Chapter 1. Is that the judgment you are talking about?

As I mentioned before, Elohim resonates with "I AM that I AM" as mentioned in the Bible.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-04-2024, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Given the choice I am drawn to the God that can do something ‘for’ me rather than the God that can do something ‘to’ me……probably because I believe that God is love…….

... and Jesus referred to a scripture in the Old Testament which claims we are all (in Hebrew) Elohim. That entity appears to be 'us' (I AM) whereas the other entity is an entity most seem to not like and that is Yahweh.

Old 17-04-2024, 06:17 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You claim Elohim is the "God of judgement"?

I don't see how you came up with that?

Google is the quickest way…….:)
Old 17-04-2024, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Google is the quickest way…….:)

...... or just finish reading what I wrote.

I guess you didn't read my next sentence and especially my last sentence.

I guess we have to disagree.

I don't believe "I AM that I AM" which I mentioned before as Elohim is a "God of Judgment". I look at the "God of Judgment" as leaning toward being Yahweh.