Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Well, not quite. As a young kid I used to fairly regularly have the sensation of falling out of my body (and by falling, this could be in any direction, but was usually upwards). I never associated it with out of body experiences though, and I certainly had no control. In fact I found them quite scary.

So you were a natural...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
... As an interesting aside, at this same kung fu class, I once hurt myself a bit bad. Totally smashed my foot. The injury was such that I shouldn't have been walking on it, never mind doing anything else with it, for at least a couple of weeks. We'd also been taught that much of injury was actually the accumulation of bad energy, which can be merely brushed out, and the interuption of the flow of good energy (chi) which can be restored by directing the energy. So there's me, on the floor, in agony, foot smashed, class stopped because there's been an accident, and the instructors ran over. Immediately I'm reminded of what we'd been trained about expelling the bad energy, and the two instructors are immediately throwing themselves into the state where we summon up energy, before massaging my smashed foot. There was no miracle, I still couldn't walk on it, and had to be carried out to a car and given a lift home, but I didn't go to the hospital. I was back at kung fu, training as normal, the following week.

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.
Old 30-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multidimensional
Hello ScarlettHayden,

When comparing these abilities with arts, one tends to compare it to the great artists: Leonardo, Picasso, etc. and if you do, it's very easy to get frustrated. I might be wrong, but I'd rather compare it to driving a car or riding a bicycle. I agree that not everyone is able to drive a car or ride a bicycle (at least my mother can't! ) but most of us can, can't we?

Yeah but the difference with that is that driving is normal. I'm sure most of us already know unconsciously how driving works before trying because we've already seen everyone else do it so many times before. Astral Projecting isn't really 'normal' or widespread in comparison so there's nothing to compare to or any previous ingrained background information about how it works. Whilst most of us should in theory be able to do it naturally because we haven't had that sort of.. cognitive exposure before it's a lot more difficult. So I suppose you really could say that trying to AP might be a lot like trying to paint like Leonardo in comparison to trying to drive into town
Old 30-06-2014, 12:00 PM
srpurple

To be honest, I'm not that much interested in astral projecting. I have seen ghosts, UFOs, dead people in my dreams etc., but never have I really astral projected.. Until I awakened my brow chakra. It happens a lot. Astral projection naturally happens when you have an active third eye. Namaste
Old 30-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello Srpurple,

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpurple
To be honest, I'm not that much interested in astral projecting. I have seen ghosts, UFOs, dead people in my dreams etc., but never have I really astral projected.. Until I awakened my brow chakra. It happens a lot. Astral projection naturally happens when you have an active third eye. Namaste

...so you were somehow gifted to see/experience the 'paranormal', to remember your dreams, etc.

How did you open the brow chakra?
Old 30-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Lorelyen

Your last question is like your opening one. To some it comes easy, others need a lot of work and patience. Don't trust all those youtube blurts "Open your 3rd eye in 15 minutes, guaranteed" and that. It doesn't work that way.

As others have said here, it needs discipline to practice and depending how well you do, less or more frustration. Once you've achieved it, it's there.
Old 30-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Deactivated Account

My third eye is open and I've never projected. Well.. once. But it lasted like a second. I think it really does just depend on the person.
Old 30-06-2014, 01:40 PM
srpurple

Quote:
Hello Srpurple,

...so you were somehow gifted to see/experience the 'paranormal', to remember your dreams, etc.

How did you open the brow chakra?

Not much. I'm left-handed. So, it's safe to say my right brain is more active. (It's the right brain that does the weird things and left brain for the everyday mundane logic). I'm kind of kind of expressive and intuitive. That's why I dream a lot and feel things sometimes.

But that's not the case. Everyone has this energy center. You can develop it too. But! you gotta make sure you're ready. You know.. This will totally expand things so should expect things to change.

I opened it once before but sadly, I wasnt able to mentain it. Soon I got really depressed for some reason and decided to open it again - Which leads me here today, still struggling to have it back.

All it takes is a bit of
detoxification (because this doesnt work unless your healthy)
meditation
diet (hard to meditate without diet)

there are a lot of good sources in the internet. Just gotta get rid of those misleading ones. It's good to have it active. You just have to be ready. It's awesome.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Master
Quote:
But certain fear in this case is understandable, isn't it? In your first OBEs you are there, on your own, in a different environment which laws you don't know yet...
Fear is understandable though not really warranted in this case. Certainly there are a lot of unknowns the first few times.

Most first time projectors are lucky to get far enough out of their bodies to look back and see it. The biggest initial change in 'law' relates to movement. Movement follows intent more than exertion. Early excursions are most often just around the house or possible the neighborhood. Even those that mange to get off Earth and off plane, usually arrive on the (lower) astral planes. The laws of physics are a bit different but pretty much the same as wandering about your neighborhood.

Just to be thorough,it is possible to travel 'far' enough to notice significant changes in (physical) laws. Even most expereinced projectors only wish they could get that far.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:33 AM
Knower

Here is my tip on astral projection and achieving it. First off, I absolutely believe that anyone can astral project. I think we all do astral project in sleep because I believe that every single one of us is more than our physical selves. Here is where people go really REALLY wrong as far as I'm concerned, and I'll start with childhood. Kids have an easier time with natural astral projection. Adults have a much harder time with astral projection. I hear all the time on this forum and beyond of folks remembering their experiences with astral projection when they were little, and as adults they either want to experience it or learn to control it. People try all of these techniques...rolling out of your body, the rope technique, etc., that are all inherently physical in nature that they fail or get stuck a foot from their physical selves. The truth is, astral projection has absolutely nothing to do with the physical in the least. If you treat your astral body within the same parameters as your physical one? You'll be stuck in a low physical vibration forever. I have never once experienced having to somehow hoist my astral body away from my physical one in a seemingly physical fashion, and I've astral projected every day since early childhood. Adults tend to get boxed in to their physical parameters and completely forget that they don't have to stay within them for projecting. Kids have an easier time because...well they're kids, and kids have a lot less physical life experience which means a heck of a lot less physical parameters that they have to adhere to. We get stuck in our physicality when we grow up, and we forget what we're capable of. I've never forgotten what I'm capable of because I've literally projected just about every day of my life since as early as I can remember. As a kid, I'd simply find myself in my astral body and take it out for a spin. As an adult through meditation from an awake state? I do the exact same thing. It's gone from something that's just happened to me when I go to sleep to something I make happen, but the basic principal is the same. I don't, and have never, thought of my astral body as something that can be steered the same way that I steer my physical body. I don't, and have never, gone about breaking away from my physical body in a physical manner. When I astral project through meditation, I simply end up where I want to be, because with an astral body you can do that. Instead of climbing up out of my physical self in a physical way? I open my eyes and if I want to be on the moon when I transfer my awareness to my astral body? That's where I'll find myself. I think most people can't get past the fact that the laws of physics simply do not apply in the astral realms. Can everyone project? Yes. Will they get very far if they can't shed their physical parameters? Nope. Some people learn this lesson slowly over time, getting further and further every time they pry themselves away from their physical selves, some people know this from the beginning and embrace it and evolve into it very quickly, and others will never get it. The sky is not the limit in astral projection. There is no limit. Most people place limits on themselves. If they'd stop doing that? They'd be able to project a lot easier and a lot more often. When a person tries and tries and gets nowhere? It isn't that you're not doing a technique properly, it's that you're doing one at all, or doing it from the wrong mindset entirely. These are my thoughts for what they're worth.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Badget has got very good ideas. I did not learn from a book. I would not believe everything you read from ap books. They are beginners like us.

No not always, some from serious occultic schools with much experience (certainly not beginners) have written books. Thing is most do not seek out these books for advice. I learnt how to AP from a book written by an experienced occultist.