Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Willowstar

Arrow Time travel is possible

Hi Rosemary,
How fantastic you travelled back in time, you don't have to travel back in time to change your childhood, you can choose to change how you feel about it right "now" in present time. All that has happened to us is just a story we keep telling ourselves, we can choose to tell it like it is or just tell a whole new story.

I Astral spontaneously more often than controlled. Congrats on your first travel it is an amazing experience. I just wish I could stop thinking I've died each time it happens...most of mine the first few seconds are oh boy not again :(
Old 24-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Rosemary

Hi willowstar, thank you for your information, it's very kind of you. How many years have you been astral travelling? Many years ago, 30 years to be precise, I began meditating which I do everyday. After meditating a while I had funny experiences where I would get a sound in my right ear like a tin of dried peas being shaken and then I felt myself leaving my body and see horrible things. I used to say,Oh God not again. Do you think that was astral traveling. Anyway I forced it to stop. As soon as the noice came I would say jesuses name or say a prayer and it would stop. Eventually it stoped altogether. Since then over the years I cleaned up my spirit and know now I won't see horrible things. What sort of things do you see.
Old 24-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Suspended
Hiya Rosemary

I agree with astralsuzy. Your meditation experience will really help.

Also, what I found helpful when I was starting out was to read as much about it as I could find, along with thinking about it all the time. There are plenty of techniques available in books and on the internet. Perhaps spend a few weeks on one technique (that you like the sound of) and if you get nowhere, move onto another technique. The one that I use most often is very simple - it's learning to relax to such a deep level whilst remaining awake. It sounds simple, but it's not easy, rather like walking on a tightrope, but when it works, it's pretty amazing! It has the name of 'phasing' and was first termed by Robert Monroe (in case you wish to look that up).

I also think Willowstar has made a valid point about how you feel about your childhood can make all the difference.

Anyway, best of luck!
Old 24-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Willowstar

The first time was about 25 years ago, I was pregnant with my daughter and had already overslept then went back to sleep. I found myself still in the room I was in but facing a laced curtain window and noticed that the lighting was very strange, hard to describe, but it felt like the colours were alive or vibrating somehow.
I reached out for the curtain but turned my head and noticed my body still asleep on the bed. I totally freaked out and was sucked back into my body with such a force that my physical body lifted off the bed. I had no idea what astral travel was back then. I thought I had died, It wasn't until years later did I understand what had happened to me.
The next time it happened I did not leave my body, but my head spun around 360% and I could see the pillow through the back of my head, as well as somersaulted inside my own body. The head turning reminded me of the exorcist movie, so of course I thought I was somehow evil. I had also joined a church group and was getting closer to god. Still didn't understand what it was.
Then my boyfriend at the time said when he was away that he astral travelled to our house and was worried I had met someone else. I hadn't but that was the first time I heard anything about what it was that I had experienced. I then began to research more about it and when on holiday I just happened to find a new age shop that sold tapes of subliminal astral meditations.
For the most part I have never gone far away from my body, I did have some strange experiences with a being that would visit me in the astral.
The last time it happened I had a very frightening experience, which may have been sleep paralysis, I had a shadow man wearing a fedora hat, trying to pull me out of my body through my feet, I tried to scream but couldn't and had to fight with all my will not to leave my body and wake up. It happened at a time in my life where I was going through a traumatic experience in waking life at the time.
I have only recently thought about trying again after that incident as I am in a much better place now.
I find if I intend before I sleep to try to find my hands in a dream I will become lucid, then either sink or roll out of my body works for me. I couldn't get the hang of the rope method.
My sister said recently a few months back that she woke up and saw me sitting on the end of her bed, I don't remember travelling that night only having a strange dream that was nonsensical.
Am looking forward to practising more now I have more time.
There are a lot of people that talk about a bang or pop when they leave their bodies and vibrations. I don't get any of that, mostly the first thing I am aware of is I have two sets of hands and arms, then I just roll out. Robert Monroe is a good read astral dynamics? Is the one I read from memory.
Old 24-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Willowstar

Sorry posted twice so deleted ...
Old 24-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Rosemary

Hi Sauatchit, thanks for the tip. Actually I do relax very quickly and stay awake because I prCtice in the afternoons and I am not tired. I relax so much that my arms and legs get so heavy they ache and my head feels like I am wearing a brace around it. I have a very lowd screaming noise in my right ear, its almost deafening. I feel like there is a ton weight keeping me down. I have started wearing a mask as I kept seeing visions of people and places, and this would stop my astral traveling session. Have you or has anyone reading this had any of these experiences. Going up now for another session . I love it!
Old 24-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Suspended
The relaxation process I find so very interesting, in and of itself, regardless of whether it leads to projection or sleep. (And in saying that, I think it's another 'feather in one's cap' not to be constantly thinking about the end result, but simply to enjoy whatever is happening in the present moment.)

I've had all sorts of wacky stuff happen during relaxation. One of my favourites is when my head feels like it's as big as the room. Great stuff! I usually end up not being able to feel my arms/legs and the first to "go astral" is my hands/arms. I've spent many a time waving my second arms around whilst waiting for the rest of me to catch up.

I don't get the screaming, but I do get plenty of hypnagogic sounds before exiting. At first, they take quite some getting used to and it's only when I got almost bored of them, then I could take the next step. They always jolted me out of the process.

I've been wearing an eye-mask (and ear plugs) for years now. I find it really helps, not only with shutting out physical sounds, but also with the knowledge that when I do hear things, they are inner sounds. The mask is more for keeping my eyes shut, as when I first started, they had a natural tendency to open.

Hope you had a good session!
Old 24-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Rosemary

Hi again Squatchit. Yes I understand what your saying. Thinking about the end result is stopping me. I had no luck today but did have two beautiful hours of deep relaxation for that I am and should be truly greatful. I am so lucky to be at the time in my life when I have time to spare doing what I love. Yes I must get ear plugs. Do sounds actually keep one from going Astral? I know the light does. For me anyway. You are so kind helping me I do appreciate it.
Old 24-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Suspended
I find that external sounds can knock me out of relaxation. So can internal sounds (it can get very noisy internally at times!), but at least with wearing ear plugs, the external is pretty much dealt with.

It's great that you have time on your side. My first projection happened when I went down to a 4-day working week. I'd usually have an afternoon nap on my day off and that's when strange things started to happen.

No need to thank me - I'm happy to ramble on.....
Old 24-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Rosemary

Off to bed now. I enjoy the night, never know what I might dream. Try to astral in the night but fail within ten mins and go back to sleep. Daytime is better for me. Will go and get some ear plugs tomorrow. I Enjoy your rambling learning from you. Thanks.