Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-10-2011, 02:52 AM
XeR0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
XeR0... The vibrations only occur in the transition phase. Once we're separated from the body they disappear. So if you're focused on experiencing vibrations instead of going somewhere out of body you'll get stuck there.

Instead, you could select a target spot ahead of time - a familiar place in your house such as a doorway or a place where you often sit - and when you start feeling the signs just head over there.

Xan
I concur. I had an OBE once before. The vibrations increased until they become impossibly intense. Then they just ebbed away the more "out-of-sync" I got with my body. It was pretty cool too. For a moment, I fell back into my body and the vibrations came back and slowed down in frequency; indicating that I was getting back in sync with my body. That was when I made that final push to get out. One of THE MOST amazing experiences of my life...

It's been six months since my last OBE. I'm just glad I'm getting this far. Astral Plane....I'm coming for you!
Old 22-10-2011, 03:16 PM
XeR0

So last night (like every other night), I attempted to AP and I had a hell of a night. I entered the vibrational stage as usual. It's important to note that the vibrations I experience are local vibrations that fluctuate in intensity....they come and go...and they aren't as strong as my last OBE.

It was a bit weaker this time. However, the feeling of flying was overwhelming. Despite the clarity of the feeling, I did not separate. I pushed hard. The harder I pushed out, the stronger the vibrations got but it got too exhausting. I tried to relax, let my mind go, and simply imagine the floating sensation but to no avail. So, I relaxed (vibrations subsided) and rested a bit to try again.

This kept going for a couple of times before I felt a pain in my arm muscles. This pain can be best described as a stiff pain. Kinda like having a cramp. I cried quite badly (internally) because I had an overwhelming want/NEED to get out of body and experience the brisk, cool night that I haven't experienced in a long time. Eventually, the pain got to me and I rolled over and fell asleep.

Besides the fact that I was CLEARLY able to imagine myself getting out, and the feeling was quite lucid, I couldn't.

I don't think any response/advice is needed. Just thought maybe I'd log my progress.
Old 22-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Master
Here's my unasked for response: You're trying too hard.

The key lies in practicing relaxation... consistently.

blessings
Xan

Old 22-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Master

Xan is right. To ap you have to relax and not try too hard. You say you tried to get out but it was too exhausting. I can relate to that. That used to be my problem. Everything that is associated with ap comes down to confidence. If you know you could get out easily you would be able to get out very easily. Long ago, I found it very difficult to get out. I managed to get out but it was hard work. If you think you can do it, you can. I can now get out easily.
Old 23-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Master

Hi all
Lately I have not been able to ap in the mornings. This morning I was wide awake and I said to myself, I can do this. Just breathe in and out and it will happen. Just believe it will happen. It did happen. I ap to some place but I could not see. I said, I can see until I could well. There was a large empty building. From another side I saw a little boy. Anyway I wanted to see a friend. I said I can see this person. It did not happen. I said it a few times. Then I could feel myself travelling for a distance then I woke up. My ap was not exciting but at least I ap. I still have to work on my travelling skills.
Old 24-10-2011, 02:08 AM
XeR0

astralsuzy: I guess it even happens to the best of us. At least you've got plenty of AP experiences under your belt. I've only got one

I rested last night. Didn't attempt anything. Got some pretty vivid dreams though. I'm definitely going to try again tonight though. Wish me the best....
Old 24-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Master

I do wish you luck. I hope you succeed. If you do not, just keep trying. By writing my experiences I hope I can help people. We are all here to help each other. What helps me a lot is I no longer go to bed and try to ap. My mind keeps wanting me to go to sleep and I cannot relax. I now go into another room. I do not lie down on a comfortable bed. I have found it a lot easier to ap not lying down in bed. I do lie down in bed in the mornings. At night time when I am not in bed I am more determined in wanting to ap and I can relax a lot more. It is a lot easier to ap. It sounds a bit strange. I can relax more lying down on a thin mattress than on a comfortable bed.
In the previous thread I said I am trying to see someone and I go travelling for a while and then I wake up. I realised today probably that happens is because when I am travelling I am not relaxed. I am straining a bit. Next time I will close my eyes and try to forget everything and just relax. Hopefully that problem will be solved.
Old 24-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Master

One more thing to add, I lie on a thin mattress. It is from a fold up bed. I took the bed away. I lie on the mattress is because it is not very comfortable so it is less likely to fall asleep.
Old 26-10-2011, 02:06 PM
XeR0

Well, for three nights I tried attempting to AP and I simply fell asleep. I was getting worried that I was losing my streak of luck. Last night was a partial answer to my prayers: it was the closest I ever got to APing but I didn't get there....

Basically, the vibrations were the strongest I've ever felt since my last full-on OBE. My eyes were fluttering and I heard the vibrations for the first time. However, only parts of my body seemed to float around. My head was very "sticky" and I couldn't float upward. Overall, it felt like I was moving around in a sweaty, sticky, sleeping bag. Not sure why but no matter how focused and relaxed I was, I couldn't seem to float upward and away.

My head would float up but my physical head would try to follow behind and I end up tensing my neck muscles....

Just woke up so my apologies if this post seems to bounce around all over the place. Will try again tonight....hopefully THIS TIME I'm successful...
Old 26-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Master

All we can do is keep trying. I have had my failures as well.
We do not always relax when certain things happen. Next time when you feel like you are moving around, move away from your body. As if you are physically moving out but it is spiritually moving out. That is what I do. Sometimes we just have to give it a push otherwise we go back into our body. One time I felt I was swaying. I thought I will just relax and let it happen. That was a mistake. After a while I was back into my body. Next time when it happened I move myself away from my body. That worked.
Instead of doing that you can say I am moving to the door or where ever you want to go to.