Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Ivy

What is it you are percieving as being 'hurt'?
Old 28-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlosseth
I'm sorry, and although I'm not sure what you are capable, there are people who say things like this knowing very well they are not capable of such things as 'align yourself with the universe'.. I'm not going to doubt anyone, but it is truly possible, no matter how infinite the universe is, that you will hurt yourself by exerting far too much force too fast. The universe is infinite, yet your body is very finite.

Blah..

if you are not in a place where you are capable, i imagine you would get hurt, i dont know about that. i have had alignment and i have never felt drained or been hurt. i have however stopped the flow for i know that it is too much power for me. it really has nothing to do with your body at least in my experience.
Old 28-02-2013, 12:09 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlosseth
Alright, so let's just say for now that there is this amazing and powerful fire.. This fire is strong and vast as it engulfs an entire forest.. Now let's say that the fire dies down, and then starts once more after the forest is green and full of life..

The fire does not, under any circumstances, start at full strength. Otherwise it would take far less time to die down than it did previously..

This fact, whether you like it or not, is also true for spirituality. Just because you could do something before and an ability transferred from one life to the next, does NOT AT ALL mean that you will be able to use it as strong as you could in the past. It only means that your consciousness is used to the energy of that time, and as life and consciousness are forever changing, so are the vibrations of energy.

You have to get used to the energy of the world and teach your body to resist being harmed by this energy at the same time before you can use most abilities.. That's why a pyrokinetic or an electrokinetic don't accidently kill themselves when using their own abilities.. Please, just stop overestimating yourself because otherwise there will come a time when you want to use these abilities to your 'fullest potential' only to find out you overestimated and ended up physically hurting yourself.

I'm not saying that you can't ever learn to be that strong again, I'm saying that you have to crawl before you can walk no matter how fast you could run before you fell.

so this is about you..of course..and what I read from this is that a part of you fears your own power...I could be off the mark here..so you can tell me if so?
Old 28-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
if you are not in a place where you are capable, i imagine you would get hurt, i dont know about that.
Hi Gracey. As I understand things, there is "capable," and then there is "purpose and intention." Something I read a couple of decades ago stuck with me: For every step one takes on the spiritual path (capability in this case), one must take two steps on the self-development or moral path (purpose/intention). I would think many spiritual investigators fail to understand that, and instead become beguiled with their own capacities and spiritual prowess.

My childhood friend dabbled in certain spiritual practices while experimenting with drugs during his 20s. He lost his sanity in his 30s and was dead by the age of 50. I took a different path. In 40 years, I've never taken part in spiritual practices I sensed were "dangerous" for lack of a better word. I've never even considered such things for myself. I've been content focusing on my inner self-development. But I have read that harm and damage can in fact be done, and my friend is an example I think. Someone like Aleister Crowley is another example of that as well I would say.
Old 28-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
so this is about you..of course..and what I read from this is that a part of you fears your own power...I could be off the mark here..so you can tell me if so?
That's exactly what is being revealed to you in relation to your 'you' posts SW :) ... it is coming home to you :)
Old 28-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi Gracey. As I understand things, there is "capable," and then there is "purpose and intention." Something I read a couple of decades ago stuck with me: For every step one takes on the spiritual path (capability in this case), one must take two steps on the self-development or moral path (purpose/intention). I would think many spiritual investigators fail to understand that, and instead become beguiled with their own capacities and spiritual prowess.

My childhood friend dabbled in certain spiritual practices while experimenting with drugs during his 20s. He lost his sanity in his 30s and was dead by the age of 50. I took a different path. In 40 years, I've never taken part in spiritual practices I sensed were "dangerous" for lack of a better word. I've never even considered such things for myself. I've been content focusing on my inner self-development. But I have read that harm and damage can in fact be done, and my friend is an example I think. Someone like Aleister Crowley is another example of that as well I would say.

yes, power is like water, too much of it and you drown with in minutes, not enough of it and you drown within days. I too am content on focusing on my own inner self and the day that i did wake up (not of my own trying)to the living realization of this flow within me, I did practice a bit with it and knowing myself well enough that I am not trustworthy enough to try and manipulate universal energy, I pushed it down inside me. Even if I was a trustworthy (which i have not been) individual all of my 42 years of life, I know that while being human we are apt to negative behavior. My daughter is an example as your friend is, she took this to the dark side of her personality, it has not hurt her body, but her thinking and perception of reality...hopefully she does not take it to her death. I do understand what you are saying.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 AM
dlosseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
What is it you are percieving as being 'hurt'?

Although I wont quote more than just this one message as it's the first that I will respond to, this is not all directed toward "Meadows".

So there is a point at which you can overload your chakras. Obviously, as they are a part of your body whether spiritual or physical, this can cause stress on the body. Currently my body is building energy as I have ceased practice with things. This energy is becoming too much. The current effects of holding too much energy are, although different, just as dangerous as using too much energy although there isn't a likely chance that you could die from it. My metabolism is acting strange, my body is becoming tense and sort of 'full' to an extent.. It is as though I am draining other aspects of reality to come into obtaining more energy, although that is not the case.

It isn't a sensation as being truly 'hurt' though it could be considered discomfort. There are many ways to word this, but very few that I would even bother to use. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the previous forum that I've used, people used to take up too many practices at once, trying to become this 'over powered' being that they consider to be 'God' although they never understood why their bodies were taking such negative effects from it. There are a few specific cases that I'd like to touch on..

1. I wont mention the name to protect the person's identity, but his energy was decreasing at a rapid rate. He'd been practicing Wiccan magick along with telekinesis, pyrokinesis, geokinesis, etc. The strain was shoving his emotions into chaos and he stopped being able to control himself. Outburst after outburst got him banned from the forum, and I told him on MSN that he needed to calm down. His growing temper could lead to his own destruction, though we lost contact shortly after.

2. There was a young girl who I shall also choose to keep without name. She was growing into her powers rather quickly, though instead of being able to fully embrace it, she began to fear it. She'd changed from an aspiration-driven beautiful person to a forcefully ignorant 'normal' person. She hated everything about what was changing in her mind and she simply wanted to let go, so she asked me to seal her abilities away which I did.. But I told her exactly how the seal was placed and how she needed to go about removing it if she ever chose to continue down that path.. We lost contact after that incident..

There are many stories that come to mind, although I don't truly have the patience to try to remember them all as my memory is very horrible.