Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 06-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Experiencer

Emo. Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker69
THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

I think I have told someone on this forum they were having an emotional affair but I don't think that is always the case.

The difference is there is a supernatural element to the twin flame relationship.

I agree there are probably a lot of people who think they have met their twin, but indeed are just having an affair.

Last edited by LibraIndigo : 06-07-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Master
Some people who have never met their twin feel threatened when other people discuss it. They're afraid it might be real and can't face it.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Experiencer

Disputing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I personally believe those that seek out disputing their personal beliefs with others are teaching themselves something. its up to them to receive the lesson. or they will continue to do so until they grasp it.

Where is the "like" button? Lol
Old 06-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
Some people who have never met their twin feel threatened when other people discuss it. They're afraid it might be real and can't face it.

...or maybe find that it isn't.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Experiencer

well im here to giggle at all the innocent hearts...its really cute...and to spread wisdom from my pain =)
Old 07-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I believe in soul mates, and I neither believe nor disbelieve in twin flames.

I mostly post when I see TF theory being used as justification for one's continued dysfunctional behavior. One scenario that's becoming prevalent: people who commit emotional adultery with their so-called TF but don't bother telling their marriage partner. And then deflecting all responsibility for their behavior: "It's a TF thing. It's a spiritual connection. I didn't ask for it. I wasn't looking for it. It just happened. It's not my fault. I've done nothing wrong."

Nothing wrong you say? Then why are you sharing your emotional adultery stories online with strangers, instead of with your marriage partner? Oh that's right, your marriage partner would think it's wrong. Yes, you have a life partner, remember? The person you said "I do" to. So it's not just all about you and whatever you think is right.

When I see self-absorbed ego behavior being passed off as spiritually meaningful, I speak up.

Yes and thank you for speaking up.

I feel quite the same, I read stories where an individual is speaking of their tf, and this individual is still staying over nights at the exes.

I have no basic understanding of why people are not asking more of the important questions with their relationships, are too busy blaming others, or themselves, I see the posters posting many thoughts that seem to lack self worth and esteem, control issues where there are chasers and runners, which are usually threads that reek of obsession. Etc.

And just plain adultery and the excuse that there is a strong spiritual connection. There is no spirituality involved when one lies to their significant other prefers to speak to strangers online about the spouse, while all the while these such conversations involve this person, and do indeed involve honesty with them. So much adultery can be completely eradicated merely by the action of standing up being honest and stating honestly our marriage is over- before going out and moving to another- no matter how spiritually connected one feels toward someone. There is no justification for the hatefulness and lack of consideration involved in cheating.

I have never done it, but one does not need a medical degree to realize such an act lacks consideration for the feelings of another.

I have no qualm with twinflame beliefs themselves, it causes me a deep distaste when it becomes an excuse to abuse others, or to stay within an abusive relationship. Especially with many of the threads posted it is quite clearly a vehicle for human beings to openly gossip about each other. And I view gossip of others much in the way I would view a vile poison, it spread infectious hatreds and mis-truths.

Especially for those inclined to believe such things, not that the posters are being completely untruthful, but they are not always being completely honest either, and where it most counts in many instances- with their spouse or significant other and others they love.

I have no real issue with the beliefs themselves of twinflames, or even the people having trouble with personal problems. I have issue with the lack of personal responsibilities and the lack of self esteem that comes from feeling the need to lie in cases where this is going on.

I take issue with the unhealthy thinking and aspects of what is describe as many do as what involves twinflames. Not the individuals, or beliefs.

BadCopyInc said it well enough too, without another point of view we'd all simply be the same and hold to the very same beliefs wouldn't we? And where would be the point in that?
Old 07-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
I think I have told someone on this forum they were having an emotional affair but I don't think that is always the case.

The difference is there is a supernatural element to the twin flame relationship.

I agree there are probably a lot of people who think they have met their twin, but indeed are just having an affair.

But isn't there to everything?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I believe in soul mates, and I neither believe nor disbelieve in twin flames.

I mostly post when I see TF theory being used as justification for one's continued dysfunctional behavior. One scenario that's becoming prevalent: people who commit emotional adultery with their so-called TF but don't bother telling their marriage partner. And then deflecting all responsibility for their behavior: "It's a TF thing. It's a spiritual connection. I didn't ask for it. I wasn't looking for it. It just happened. It's not my fault. I've done nothing wrong."

Nothing wrong you say? Then why are you sharing your emotional adultery stories online with strangers, instead of with your marriage partner? Oh that's right, your marriage partner would think it's wrong. Yes, you have a life partner, remember? The person you said "I do" to. So it's not just all about you and whatever you think is right.

When I see self-absorbed ego behavior being passed off as spiritually meaningful, I speak up.

Well said! The concept of twin flames exists but it is being abused by many people who are busy following dysfunctional relations for one reason or the other.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Knower

Quote:
Just curious.

: )

I get you. And I ask myself this question sometimes, not because I think everyone on here should believe in tf's, but because of the nature of some posters comments.

There are a few great posters on here who does not believe in the twin flame concept, yet they contribute helpful and thoughtful comments and they keep it civil.

Then there are the other posters that does not believe in twin flames and are not civil. Their mode of communication involves bullying, name calling, and attacking energies that they consistently throw at people that come on here looking for help. It is a “twin flame,” “soulmate” blog. If someone becomes lost and post situations on here that others don't agree with or think has nothing to do with these topics, why lower the vibration by attacking them.

This is the way I feel about this situation. Non-one says that everyone must have the same opinion and beliefs. The reason why we all end up here is to get a different perspective, information, advice, help. No-one has to agree with each other. Even twin flames on here don’t often agree with each other. Yet, everyone else keeps it civil, while sharing their opinions. Why cannot they.

There is no excuse for rude behavior, name calling and plain just trying to put people down just because they are seeking answers about a feeling and/or an emotional crisis that they are trying to work through.

These people who engages in this behavior need to check themselves and figure out if they are really here trying to help or if they have a personal vendetta or axe to grind when it comes to the term twin flames or just people in general.

Last edited by Nan948 : 07-07-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Just curious.

: )

I have just thought about it, why not, you may not believe in tf and actually be with your twin, or you may not believe in soul mates and actually be with them. What is the difference? In the end the thread is for sharing, right? So a non believer may come up with an important insight that will help someone with what they are going through.

Also it's rare to be with a twin and many of us may think that we are with one, when we are not, someone who does not believe may help someone who is in this scenario to see.

Well these are just thoughts... in the end it is what it is.