Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I'm interested in learning more about the duality between the yin & yang symbol. I was just caroius on how to incoperate with the teachings. Do we all have yin and yang in us. ? Could a Significant other be the other side of it.If anyone could help me to better understand the concept that would beAppreciated.

Tao Te Ching.

They merge together, but differ in name
Old 11-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Neville

The Nights are longer in the Winter and the Days are Longer in the Summer.

If there was , as has at times been hinted, a battle raging between good and evil, The winner would be as defeated as the vanquished because it's cause would have been removed, the only reason you identify a thing to be good is because you know of and have experienced things you saw as not good.

But it goes further and relates to the first sentence. It is not a clear division if you look at the symbol itself.

You can see how the Dark encroaches into the light and the light encroaches into the darkness, Which ties in nicely with the Night being longer in the Winter and so on, It further indicates that a thing cannot be all good or all bad (note the small dots of opposing quality in each hemisphere).

All of this suggests to me that No one can be entirely pure and yet equally no one can be entirely demonic.

You'll know this of course from the times you have been wonderful and those times you have been a little grumpy and mean.

So you see, hopefully this fluctuation in opposing forces allows for the frisson that enables creation to do it's creating thing.

There is much more but I am really not sure that I am wanting to go down the matter vs antimatter, matter vs dark matter, thing vs no thing duality as I'll most likely bamboozle myself.

Suffice to say , The Yin Yang Symbol is to me a reminder of how creation works in so far as the flux that takes place between dualities and how these in turn allow for the whole to be well err the whole..

Old 14-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Otto Krog

I would love to go into the discussion of antimatter. In fact I have this crazy theory that antimatter might have a lot to do with God.
Old 22-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Knower

Here's a little something I wrote about Yin & Yang...

"Yin & Yang - All pervasive equilibrium. One bleeds into the other, the other bleeds back...A reciprocal dance of harmonised juxtaposition. Opposites at first glance, but really two halves of one Whole. One is sharp in its approach: It attacks directly, and with aggression; The other is soft and fluid: It harmonises, absorbs, yields & redirects. These qualities I seek to embody. Yin & Yang - All pervasive equilibrium."
Old 22-12-2013, 05:10 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
Here's a little something I wrote about Yin & Yang...

"Yin & Yang - All pervasive equilibrium. One bleeds into the other, the other bleeds back...A reciprocal dance of harmonised juxtaposition. Opposites at first glance, but really two halves of one Whole. One is sharp in its approach: It attacks directly, and with aggression; The other is soft and fluid: It harmonises, absorbs, yields & redirects. These qualities I seek to embody. Yin & Yang - All pervasive equilibrium."

When one is whole, it's sometimes this and sometimes that but more importantly are integral parts of awareness.
Old 17-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Yin( attractor-receptor ) yang( pusher-protruder )

Yin-yang is just one symbolism for one--- of a few ----fundamental types of duality.
Charge( pos-neg )

positive charged electron is the one we do not see-observe much of or find in Universe, ergo it is the anti-matter electron.

negative charged electron is the one we do see-observe mostly and it coexists in all atoms with the positively charged proton.

An atom-element that has unequal amount of electrons( neg)-to-proton( pos) ratioi called and ion and it will seek to find and electron off another molecule so as to equalize its ratio of electron-to-proton.

The flow of positive electrons--- ex{ + > > > -} ---- is believed to go from positive terminal-- ex a battery --to the negative terminal aka as the ground or ground state.

Flow of electricity from your power company goes into your lights, appliances etc....and what is left over goes to the grounding neutral wire aka common wire.

For one set of four kinds of duality see following link and specifically 1073.10 graphic;
http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...0.html#1073.10

As for female( Xx ) and male(Xy ) being opposites, that may be true at times, and/or on some levels-ways, however, as someone else mentioned previously there is another kind of duality that is complementary to each other.

The electric( + and - ) and magnetic( + and - ) waves of the EM photon exist in complementation to each other, at 90 degrees.

The best example I have found to convey woman( Xx ) and man( Xy ) complementary coexistence is via the fundamentally basic, 3D polyhedron of Universe, the tetra(4)hedron.

In the following link take note of the graphic on the right. This is the parrellel bisecting of a tetra(4)hedron, into two equal halves with a regular square being shared by both halves.

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s01/figs/f00103.html

In this metaphysical sense of equilibrium, or as all things being created equal--- of course they are not in reality, however, in this metaphysical sense we can say that one of the halves represents female and the other male, and they are at 90 degrees to each other.

So we may say, that, in their most optimal relationship to each other, woman and man complement each other as the basic-fundamental and minimal 3D stable structure of Universe, and at 90 degrees to each other.

They have opposite attributes but in this 90 degree teo each other they complement each other.

To further our comprehensive understanding of this complementary aspect, I direct you to the next link, wherein we see that, if we were to take each of the tetrahedrons six chordal edges, and spin each on their own geodesic trajectory we will have 6 great circle planes;

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s04/figs/f5511.html

In the first-top graphic-- sphriecal cube/spherical rhombic dodecahedron --- note the shaded area bow-tie. It may be difficult to see, yet every great circle, crosses path with at least one other great circle, at 90 degrees to the other.

Now if we go back to the bisected tetrahedron, let us spin either one of the two halves, so their two diametrically opposing edges, are no longer at 90 degrees to the opposite other.

Now if were to spin the whole tetrahedron--- as a unit whole -- those two edges will define the same2D plane i.e. the will be congruent with each other.

In this sense we can say that female and male, are functioning on the same 2D plane. Alternatively, we say that the female half is spinning one direction definning her own 2D plane of existence,

and the male half is spinning in the opposite direction definning his own plane. Of course, in physical reality, to objects spinning opposite each other on the exact same plane will collide--- well that does happend mentally,emotionally etc also ---but consider this,

even if male and female are spinning oppoiste each other, they my be enough vaselating of their geodesic trajectories, that they miss each other, or glance off each other,

and eventuallly their axis of spin will go back the optimal configuration, where irrespective fo the direction of their spin, their planes are closer to be the complementary 90 degees to each other.

There is much more to this scenario, but hopefully that will give others another viewpoint to consider, regarding yin - yang.

r6
Old 05-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Lionant

Talking Yin/yang is . . .

harmony and balance. It is not a frog in the well (the mind skewed to narrow views). It depends on how far you want to take it. Within yang lies yin, and within yin lies yang. One cannot have one (pun intended) without the other. True mind is centered on doing the dishes so they sparkle! Quelling emotions and longing might be an aim here, but what do I rightly know? Our acquired conditioning fuels our lives, if you think about it. So, yin/yang is a seeking of the vast within us all, without ego or desire, but who among us can attain this receptivity?