Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 18-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi hdizzy and everybody!

I have read alot of the books on the L of A.
And researched healing extensively. (Faith healing, hands on healing, spontaneous miraculous healings, you know? And have been healed myself.)
Why do some get healed, some not and some don't maintain their healing.
What's the deal, afterall ?

Is it their faith, is it the Holy Spirit working - even if their faith is as small as a mustard seed? What's the deal?

I got yet another the book, "Answered Prayers Guaranteed" by Dr. Fred Price.

He explained very well this idea of 'believing and receiving' - believing before a thing manifests here in the 3rd dimension:

When we call our broker and say, "Sell."
We already know before we hang up the phone - that we indeed have that $5000.
Right?
But, do we actually have the cash in our hot little hands. No.
The broker calls whomever - the money is wired to him - the broker takes his share and wires it to your bank - then you have to go
to the bank to actually get it in your hands!! Finally!

But, you had that money the second you hung up the phone! Ha!

Jesus said many things to clue us into how this Universe works - I can quote many verses- but I am used to people being turned off to the Bible, so I won't.

But a basic faith that God wants only your good, ask Him, know that He has answered and now allow yourself to receive - acceptance and patience is necessary.
Acne, a piece o' cake for God. Nothing is impossible to God.

(Ok, one verse, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything
according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever
we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15)

John was very close to Jesus - I believe him. For me, it is tested and true.

Maybe start with baby steps to increase your faith in how the Universe or God can and wants to manifest whatever his son, you, asks for.

Ask for something you can believe in - maybe - a hard to find book at a used bookstore. Know that you will find it!
Might take a month, never have any doubt - and by golly, you'll find it -maybe 4 copies!
Build up your faith or experience in the Law of Attraction.
Get your confidence built up.

Oh, could I tell you stories, but you would not believe them - how with allowing and constant communication with God, angels, guides, the Universe - you don't have to even ask anymore ---things materialize -oh, the stories I could tell.
And the healings!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-11-2010, 03:43 PM
hdizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi hdizzy and everybody!

I have read alot of the books on the L of A.
And researched healing extensively. (Faith healing, hands on healing, spontaneous miraculous healings, you know? And have been healed myself.)
Why do some get healed, some not and some don't maintain their healing.
What's the deal, afterall ?

Is it their faith, is it the Holy Spirit working - even if their faith is as small as a mustard seed? What's the deal?

I got yet another the book, "Answered Prayers Guaranteed" by Dr. Fred Price.

He explained very well this idea of 'believing and receiving' - believing before a thing manifests here in the 3rd dimension:

When we call our broker and say, "Sell."
We already know before we hang up the phone - that we indeed have that $5000.
Right?
But, do we actually have the cash in our hot little hands. No.
The broker calls whomever - the money is wired to him - the broker takes his share and wires it to your bank - then you have to go
to the bank to actually get it in your hands!! Finally!

But, you had that money the second you hung up the phone! Ha!

Jesus said many things to clue us into how this Universe works - I can quote many verses- but I am used to people being turned off to the Bible, so I won't.

But a basic faith that God wants only your good, ask Him, know that He has answered and now allow yourself to receive - acceptance and patience is necessary.
Acne, a piece o' cake for God. Nothing is impossible to God.

(Ok, one verse, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything
according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever
we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15)

John was very close to Jesus - I believe him. For me, it is tested and true.

Maybe start with baby steps to increase your faith in how the Universe or God can and wants to manifest whatever his son, you, asks for.

Ask for something you can believe in - maybe - a hard to find book at a used bookstore. Know that you will find it!
Might take a month, never have any doubt - and by golly, you'll find it -maybe 4 copies!
Build up your faith or experience in the Law of Attraction.
Get your confidence built up.

Oh, could I tell you stories, but you would not believe them - how with allowing and constant communication with God, angels, guides, the Universe - you don't have to even ask anymore ---things materialize -oh, the stories I could tell.
And the healings!!!

Thanks Miss Hepburn,

Ive only recently been thinking about praying, so your post is quite good timing (or maybe it was the law of attraction at work?)

Ive never prayed before. I never thought it was 'right' to ask for things unless a family member or myself was terribly ill. From what you've read, (including in the bible), is it ok to ask for things such as wealth then?

Also, if i start praying, is it ok that i dont have a particular God?
Is it ok just to start with 'Dear God'....even though i dont have a religion.
I believe in God but I dont have a religion, so i dont know (or want to know) whether its Jesus, or mohammed or whatever the different religions call Him. So would prayer still work even though i dont pray to Jesus but just say 'God' instead (without me knowing who God is)?

Hope you can help,

Thanks
Old 18-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdizzy
Thanks Miss Hepburn,

Ive only recently been thinking about praying, so your post is quite good timing (or maybe it was the law of attraction at work?)

Ive never prayed before. I never thought it was 'right' to ask for things unless a family member or myself was terribly ill. From what you've read, (including in the bible), is it ok to ask for things such as wealth then?

Also, if i start praying, is it ok that i dont have a particular God?
Is it ok just to start with 'Dear God'....even though i dont have a religion.
I believe in God but I dont have a religion, so i dont know (or want to know) whether its Jesus, or mohammed or whatever the different religions call Him. So would prayer still work even though i dont pray to Jesus but just say 'God' instead (without me knowing who God is)?

Hope you can help,

Thanks
It might even be better without a religion! Ha!

In James something : "You have not because you ask not."

If you had a loving dad -would you hesitate to say -"Could I have the car keys? or I really want that red bike, Dad? I want it, I want it..." when you were little.
What Dad could refuse you.
You have the richest Holy Father, ever and He really, really loves you.

I know it is hard to belief or conceptualize if you have not had the experience - but He or that Divine Awareness whatever one calls it is right inside of you and all around you, loves you. Talk to "Him" like a friend.
See what happens - He might even make you aware of Him.

If I were you, I would read about Him from someone you respect - or read about the Nature of Reality. There are hundeds of books.

I don't want to influence your choice suggesting a book ----there are so many from Holy Scriptures, stories of the Mystics - Sufi, Christian -poetry of those that experienced God - Hafiz, Kabir ---learn the Nature of your Father, I'd say.

The first book written on the subject besides scriptures was "Cosmic Consiousness" by Dr. Bucke -1901, I think -it's still out there.

Learn, learn, learn ---my suggestion.

I'd like to tell you a few books right off the bat - but I hesitate. But the titles are 'Practicing the Presesnce' and 'Conscious Union with God' - just as a tease.
Good luck on your Path of Discovery.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2010, 12:00 AM
huggermomof2

What a lovely message- you mentioned that you could tell loads of stories- i personally would love to hear one- this has really touched me- thank you
Old 19-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the info everyone,

I think the key is to maybe clear the negative emotions first then, like you did Horse Lover, and then i guess its easier to think positive. Im glad im not the only one that has had trouble with this law of attraction then.

Shabda, I know you say 'live as if it already exists' but thats the problem. Isnt that easy to say but impossible to do? The Secret says those same kind of phrases as well, they make it seem so simple. 'Live as if you are already rich' 'believe that you have the perfect partner'....'it will only work if you truly believe it'.......it says those kind of statements, but how is this really possible. We cant live like we are already rich, because at the back of our mind we know that we cant go out and buy a new ferrari or move house to a mansion etc. And if we were to live like we were already really rich then we would quit our boring 9-5 jobs, but obviously we still carry on going to our 9-5 jobs, which we wouldnt do if we were rich, so how can we 'really believe' and 'live like it alreaddy exists' when our everyday actions are contradicting it?!

Yes please Shabda, some links would be helpful! thanks

Thanks everyone
yes it is easier said than done, but listen to me, i KNOW what you are saying, i am one of those people that has the worst kind of imagination, i assume the worst, and bring those things i most feared into my life, from having put so much ATTENTION and FEELING into those thoughts...attention activates the creative process, and feeling makes it create...it took me years to understand how easy it literally is, to create with Love, instead of a negative fear, in the end, i learned that BOTH can create, but its better to create positivity than it is to create negativity, dont you think?the first thing you want to do, is identify your fears, become aware of them, and then look into WHY you fear those things, the reason is, to become more self aware of what you fear and why...the motivation is a sort of key, and understanding the truth of your motivations is in itself a great learning experience....there's no reason that you should stand in your own way, yet most of us do exactly that, without even realizing this fact, and it is utterly freeing when you can become aware of not only what motivates you, and why, but what stands in your way, and why, and then learn that you, yourself (your way of viewing things) is both the stumbling block in your way, and also the very key to being free of it...i will PM you some links with some books you can read online for free that speak about this principle, and also some information about the english word God, and it's origins, you will find that the jews, christians, sufis (muslims) as well as many of the eastern paths, all have the very same origin for this word, despite the various languages and cultures that appear so different for expressing It...and i dont want to color your reading choices or spiritual choices too much, but i will say that the sufi writers that Miss Hepburn spoke of in this thread, are some of my personal favorites...you will find what youre looking for, believe this, and know this because NOTHING is impossible, and i mean that very literally...you have all the hope in the world, i dont even know you but i can see this potential for you, just waiting for you to realize that It exists, so buck up~! there IS hope, and you CAN find It
Old 19-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggermomof2
What a lovely message- you mentioned that you could tell loads of stories- i personally would love to hear one- this has really touched me- thank you
Aw, how sweet.
But, how can anyone believe what happens to me!?
And which story would I pick?
Each one is so special - and I have pictures of certain things -so as to never get "a hardened heart" as to the miraculous manifesting the Lord does for us (me) - how absolutely everywhere He is and how He loves to tickle us just like a real dad.

As I said, when we talk to God all the time - there is an intimate relationship that happens.
.......So, I'm driving with a friend 3 hours straight to a huge Art Show.
Before we leave town on the highway I pass an exit where I need something badly. But, I say to myself - oh well, I can stop another time. (Darn)
3 hours later, I park to go to the bathroom in front of a Thrift Store- I am addicted especially in another town! Ah, the treasures.

Walking up the aisles, I am pulled to turn around amongst the "junk" and there are at eye level 2 unopened bottles at $.86 each (normally $18.00) of exactly what I ran out of...now, do you know what pycnogenol is?
Right behind them were some reading glasses for me that matched the color of my hair - blonde. I don't have to tell you how more than unusual finding any unopened bottles of any ingestables is at a little private Thrift Store amongst pots and pans, literally, is, right?
Let alone such an osbcure item.

He is everywhere.
And each time I open my silverware drawer there is an empty bottle to remind me - for me to wink at.

The other bottle I gave to a woman with severe fibromyalgia.

How can anyone know how non-chalantly I smiled, but teary, knowing He is ever-present within listening to each and every thought and need and desire. It's never a surprise.

The other stories are simply too unbelievable for people and hard to describe.
How he does this is extraordinary.

I'm glad to tell someone that can appreciate this. How can anyone express
the overwhelming joy it is to know you are always taken care of and there is never a need to worry about anything ever - because this so called invisible unseen God is within and surrounding e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g .
He is the glue and the spaces.

I'm going on again.... It reminds me of Kabir - Why do you shout so in prayer, don't you know he hears the hairs on a mosquito's ankles?

Old 19-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Aw, how sweet.
But, how can anyone believe what happens to me!?
And which story would I pick?
Each one is so special - and I have pictures of certain things -so as to never get "a hardened heart" as to the miraculous manifesting the Lord does for us (me) - how absolutely everywhere He is and how He loves to tickle us just like a real dad.

As I said, when we talk to God all the time - there is an intimate relationship that happens.
.......So, I'm driving with a friend 3 hours straight to a huge Art Show.
Before we leave town on the highway I pass an exit where I need something badly. But, I say to myself - oh well, I can stop another time. (Darn)
3 hours later, I park to go to the bathroom in front of a Thrift Store- I am addicted especially in another town! Ah, the treasures.

Walking up the aisles, I am pulled to turn around amongst the "junk" and there are at eye level 2 unopened bottles at $.86 each (normally $18.00) of exactly what I ran out of...now, do you know what pycnogenol is?
Right behind them were some reading glasses for me that matched the color of my hair - blonde. I don't have to tell you how more than unusual finding any unopened bottles of any ingestables is at a little private Thrift Store amongst pots and pans, literally, is, right?
Let alone such an osbcure item.

He is everywhere.
And each time I open my silverware drawer there is an empty bottle to remind me - for me to wink at.

The other bottle I gave to a woman with severe fibromyalgia.

How can anyone know how non-chalantly I smiled, but teary, knowing He is ever-present within listening to each and every thought and need and desire. It's never a surprise.

The other stories are simply too unbelievable for people and hard to describe.
How he does this is extraordinary.

I'm glad to tell someone that can appreciate this. How can anyone express
the overwhelming joy it is to know you are always taken care of and there is never a need to worry about anything ever - because this so called invisible unseen God is within and surrounding e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g .
He is the glue and the spaces.

I'm going on again.... It reminds me of Kabir - Why do you shout so in prayer, don't you know he hears the hairs on a mosquito's ankles?
my oh my, how very nice~!not just the stories, but also the Kabir quote~!
i know exactly what you are saying, He is with me too, and i must say, i NEVER cease to be amazed at the ways, and the means It uses to make a point~! simply amazing, isnt it??
Old 19-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Well then, this one's for you...

The Holy One lives inside you— why open your other eyes at all?
Kabir will tell you the truth: Listen, brother! The Guest, who makes my eyes so bright, has made love with me.

Old 20-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Hi,

Im 22, male, and trying to get my head around the law of attraction. Ive only recently discovered it by reading into spirituality and watching the movie, 'The Secret'.

Apperently, you are meant to pretend you already have the thing you want (so it can be attracted to you) and not focus on what you dont have (otherwise that will be attracted to you instead)

Well, say someone breaks up with a long term partner of 10 years. The law of attraction would surely be telling this person NOT to focus on the break up or the lonliness (otherwise this will attract more of it). Instead, the law of attraction would ask that the person pretend that they are happy and still have a partner (so that happiness and a new partner can be attracted to them)

But isnt that abit silly? If people walk around in denial and not express feelings when hurt/angry (which by the way, spirituality says to WELCOME these emotions and NOT push them away), then wont this cause 'blockages' in the body and repressed emotions and lead to physical illnesses (another concept of spirituality)

Seems some spiritual concepts seem conflicting!

Any insight?

I thought so as well, when i first started using the law of attraction, as quantum physics are normally an atheistic belief, it is science, and they believe thoughts create everything. Thus, they use the law of attraction to prove that life is simply an illusion, thus if we manifest anything spiritual, it is not truly real.

The truth is though, that your heart will tell you otherwise. There are things you do not manifest. There ARE things we should not control. The law of attraction appeals to people, to give them an easy way out. It works, it truly does, but it can be abused, just like anything else. We all have spiritual destinies, and if we end up manifesting what we "want" instead of what we "need", that is a bad thing.

Quantum physics basically, has given proof to spirituality. It has given proof that our thoughts connect to the universe, and that our energies attract.
But of course, when you start out, and you know about spirituality, it can become vastly confusing. Life is not meant to be easy. The law of attraction is almost like voo doo. Once you learn this world is but an illusion, you can make anything happen, even control other people - but that is not a good thing. Do you really need to be rich? I don't think anyone needs that. Our life journeys all have a purpose, and all some people are doing is abusing the law attraction, and becoming more selfish instead of grateful in the end.
The way to use it properly, if you want to be spiritual, is to learn, or ask your spirit guides, what you truly need in life. You can't ask for something you simply want. I mean you can, but it defeats your life purpose.
It is a huge gift, that your spirits want you to find out about the law of attraction. Because it teaches you profound ways to communicate to them, to pray, to ask for what you need.
Nothing is coincidental, you saw "the secret" because it can help you very much so on your spiritual path. Sometimes we need reminders, that when we talk, it is not enough for them to hear us.
Sometimes we need reminders, that when we pray only focusing on the negative, the only thing they understand, is that we want to be sicker.
If we learn to pray and ask for things in positive ways, by envisioning that the problem is gone, it is answered.
Your energy is sent out to the universe, so if your energy is positive, and if you learn to ball up your energy onto one thing you need, it will come back to you.
But if you end up straying from the spiritual path, and focus on what you want, instead of need for your life journey, then you may not be truly happy.
Old 21-11-2010, 12:34 AM
hdizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
I thought so as well, when i first started using the law of attraction, as quantum physics are normally an atheistic belief, it is science, and they believe thoughts create everything. Thus, they use the law of attraction to prove that life is simply an illusion, thus if we manifest anything spiritual, it is not truly real.

The truth is though, that your heart will tell you otherwise. There are things you do not manifest. There ARE things we should not control. The law of attraction appeals to people, to give them an easy way out. It works, it truly does, but it can be abused, just like anything else. We all have spiritual destinies, and if we end up manifesting what we "want" instead of what we "need", that is a bad thing.

Quantum physics basically, has given proof to spirituality. It has given proof that our thoughts connect to the universe, and that our energies attract.
But of course, when you start out, and you know about spirituality, it can become vastly confusing. Life is not meant to be easy. The law of attraction is almost like voo doo. Once you learn this world is but an illusion, you can make anything happen, even control other people - but that is not a good thing. Do you really need to be rich? I don't think anyone needs that. Our life journeys all have a purpose, and all some people are doing is abusing the law attraction, and becoming more selfish instead of grateful in the end.
The way to use it properly, if you want to be spiritual, is to learn, or ask your spirit guides, what you truly need in life. You can't ask for something you simply want. I mean you can, but it defeats your life purpose.
It is a huge gift, that your spirits want you to find out about the law of attraction. Because it teaches you profound ways to communicate to them, to pray, to ask for what you need.
Nothing is coincidental, you saw "the secret" because it can help you very much so on your spiritual path. Sometimes we need reminders, that when we talk, it is not enough for them to hear us.
Sometimes we need reminders, that when we pray only focusing on the negative, the only thing they understand, is that we want to be sicker.
If we learn to pray and ask for things in positive ways, by envisioning that the problem is gone, it is answered.
Your energy is sent out to the universe, so if your energy is positive, and if you learn to ball up your energy onto one thing you need, it will come back to you.
But if you end up straying from the spiritual path, and focus on what you want, instead of need for your life journey, then you may not be truly happy.

I see what you mean about 'wanting' something and 'needing' something. I just know if i believe in this aspect of spirituality (law of attraction). It just seems wacky compared to all the other aspects of spirituality which is about finding peace and loving other people and being positive/happy. The law of attraction is like a weird sciency concept about the universe making things happen for you, i just dont understand how this got tied with spirituality? I am just only starting to learn about spirituality, and thats just my opinion though.

I hope to learn more about the law of attraction and give it more of a chance. Its weird, because when people pray, they say 'God, please give me love, happiness, ....or wealth etc'......but law of attraction says you are meant to believe YOU ALREADY have something, so what do people say when they pray for things? Or are you not suppose to pray for things (which would make sense if you are suppose to believe/pretend you already have the thing you want so it can be attracted to you) ?????