Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Knower

Does there have to be a reason for everything? Can't things just happen? If the Creator hadn't produced a world that went it's own way, it would be just a puppet-show, and not worth creating. The important thing is how we react to events and our own unique contribution to the development of that creation.
Old 14-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann
Does there have to be a reason for everything?
That made me laugh...I heard it as a whine....very cute.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper45
Does anyone ever go into a loop of thought thinking

“There are many moral principles, just as many drops fall from one fountain; but there is one stream that is at the source of all, and that is love. It is love that gives birth to hope, patience, endurance, forgiveness, tolerance, and to all moral principles. All deeds of kindness and beneficence take root in the soil of the loving heart. Generosity, charity, adaptability, an accommodating nature, even renunciation, are the offspring of love alone. The great, rare and chosen beings, who for ages have been looked up to as ideal in the world, are the possessors of hearts kindled with love. All evil and sin come from the lack of love.”

― Hazrat Inayat Khan, The Way of Illumination

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 27-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Master
What is 'fair'? Just because something goes the way somebody wants it to make it 'fair' and if it does not, it's 'unfair'?

These are just rhetorical questions.

In the end, we cannot ascribe any human attributes to 'God'...maybe with the exception of Love...but His Love is different, it's unconditional.

"Fairness" is conditional.

We like to blame God for being 'unfair' but in doing so, we must also see those times he was 'fair' and be grateful for those times too.
Old 29-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Master
I have my teachers and guides and I complain about unfair treatment.
I have my own relationship with 'creation' and I still complain. Some of us come here with a destiny that requires difficult lessons and I don't remember agreeing to that. Somebody must have misunderstood..or got my order wrong..I am pretty sure I said I wanted to have fun. I didn't say I wanted to be made fun of.

Whenever I complain I am told to go to the complaint department and fill out the paperwork.
Old 29-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Experiencer
The only ones screaming unfair, are the living. It doesn't matter how our loved ones pass they except it. If they were killed by another, they say "let it go".
Old 30-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Does anyone ever go into a loop of thought thinking what is fair and how does life balance itself out? I know some of us (including me) have a hard time accepting what a higher being has given in this life. We can learn to be grateful and patient, but then there are moments where doubt swindles the whole "there's a reason for everything." How do we understand that reason when everyone walks through life blindly? Although I'm rambling a bit, the will to survive seems like the only thing humans have to get by. Besides that, fairness doesn't seem real.
'Fair' is a human fairy tale.

Life doesn't always balance itself out. It goes through boom and bust cycles. When things get too unbalanced some of it dies out.

There may be a cause for everything (in this universe) but that does not imply a reason. Most of reality just is. There is no particular reason or purpose to it being that way.

As to a higher being creating life and then treating it in a certain way, have you ever seen children play outdoors? They make things then destroy them or take them down. Usually they then make something else. Just because a being is capable of creating life does not mean its any different than kids in a sandbox.
Old 30-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Does anyone ever go into a loop of thought thinking what is fair and how does life balance itself out? I know some of us (including me) have a hard time accepting what a higher being has given in this life. We can learn to be grateful and patient, but then there are moments where doubt swindles the whole "there's a reason for everything." How do we understand that reason when everyone walks through life blindly? Although I'm rambling a bit, the will to survive seems like the only thing humans have to get by. Besides that, fairness doesn't seem real.

Is there two aspects, the physical and spiritual, then yes it does balance out. I mean some are taught the soul continues after death and basically ....... those who haven't been treated fairly will be so. The meek shall inherent....... So, is what we do here important.

Fairness may be a lesson to learn. And I would say fairness is based on love and we get to see how we love. This is the problem with duality.

But I will also say many don't engage life to see it living bound in a perception life has to be as it is because it is me. Cause and effect. Something I experienced, saying I saw I did not have what others had and knew I couldn't access them and that wasn't fair. This problem was solved, the above has not.

I suppose it's about what we're looking at.
Old 31-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Pathfinder

Perception of fairness is probably what makes it unfair to some and not to others. At least that's what I'm getting from this.
Old 31-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
I have my teachers and guides and I complain about unfair treatment.
I have my own relationship with 'creation' and I still complain. Some of us come here with a destiny that requires difficult lessons and I don't remember agreeing to that. Somebody must have misunderstood..or got my order wrong..I am pretty sure I said I wanted to have fun. I didn't say I wanted to be made fun of.

Whenever I complain I am told to go to the complaint department and fill out the paperwork.

Haha! This is brilliant, you and me should find out where that complaint department is ;P