Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-12-2010, 02:48 AM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

I thought about whether I should post this or not, then said what the hey.

There seems to be a lot of questioning who the individual is. Whether the way one identifies oneself is "real" or not.

It's a real experience of a question.

Quote:
Whether this is all an illusion.

Another real question in a real experience.

Quote:
I am not knocking questioning or critisizing those that do. I do it myself. But for me through this exploration there seems to me to be an implication that somehow this self is all a hoax, not real.

An experience of being suspicious. The real experience of wondering weather the self is a hoax, is not real.

Quote:
I just don't see it that way nor experience my existence that way.

You cannot be suspicious of that which you know and experience.

Quote:
I see my existence as my mind with all of its thoughts, my body with all of its marks, my spirit with all of its light. None, to me, an illusion.

Right.

Quote:
It is as I experience right here, right now. No separateness, all interacting and guiding. Where is the illusion?

Clearly there is none.

Quote:
I can understand being to caught up in past regrets or bitterness. I can understand projecting fears about things that have yet to happen. But as one is experiencing this isn't this real for that person?

You tell me. It's your experience.

Quote:
When one is struggling to have their next meal, a place to sleep, care for their family, or just survive the day, is this an illusion he/she created?

A real experience of a real question.

Quote:
Can look at the flip side here as well. If one helps another, if one shows love to another, if one acknowledges another. Is this just an illusion?

Another real experience of a real question.

Quote:
I am sorry if I step on any toes here. But I felt at times one can get too caught up in the philosophies and not the reality of this life.

The experience of feeling a tad unsure. A real experience.

Quote:
Life is a gift. This human existence is a gift. Our beingness is always there. Where is the illusion?

When you find it let me know.

Quote:
I identify all this as the self I am. The potentials and the challenges. The physical and the formless.

Word.

Quote:
To me if one separates one part then one separates All.

I agree.

Quote:
I say embrace it all and embrace the self. As long as one is experiencing it, to me, then there is no illusion.

:)

Quote:
Guess I needed to express this. It is written with love and is not meant to be a reflection upon anyone.

Buddy I don't see how anyone could even in their wildest imagination take this as even the least bit of a threating post.

Quote:
Thank you for reading this.

Peace to you.

Thanks for writing it.
Old 28-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Hello,

I thought about whether I should post this or not, then said what the hey.

There seems to be a lot of questioning who the individual is. Whether the way one identifies oneself is "real" or not. Whether this is all an illusion.
I am not knocking questioning or critisizing those that do. I do it myself. But for me through this exploration there seems to me to be an implication that somehow this self is all a hoax, not real.

I just don't see it that way nor experience my existence that way.

I see my existence as my mind with all of its thoughts, my body with all of its marks, my spirit with all of its light. None, to me, an illusion. It is as I experience right here, right now. No separateness, all interacting and guiding. Where is the illusion?

I can understand being to caught up in past regrets or bitterness. I can understand projecting fears about things that have yet to happen. But as one is experiencing this isn't this real for that person?

When one is struggling to have their next meal, a place to sleep, care for their family, or just survive the day, is this an illusion he/she created?

Can look at the flip side here as well. If one helps another, if one shows love to another, if one acknowledges another. Is this just an illusion?

I am sorry if I step on any toes here. But I felt at times one can get too caught up in the philosophies and not the reality of this life.

Life is a gift. This human existence is a gift. Our beingness is always there. Where is the illusion?

I identify all this as the self I am. The potentials and the challenges. The physical and the formless.

To me if one separates one part then one separates All.

I say embrace it all and embrace the self. As long as one is experiencing it, to me, then there is no illusion.

Guess I needed to express this. It is written with love and is not meant to be a reflection upon anyone.

Thank you for reading this.

Peace to you.

I live all the emotions and thoughts and everyday stresses and joys of life and yet I realise my life is not forever. What that realisation does is to help me live each moment without imagining it is the right way, the truth or the unchanging solidity of forever.

I feel what you are expressing here is perhaps your frustration at how you have interpreted the meaning of illusion....and perhaps that is your message to let go of what you have read and thought and just get on and live your life.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Master
I dont think Ive ever said this before with regard to the idea of ''illusion'' but today I will go off my own well beaten track and would say we are stuck in an illusion when we are believing that something shouldnt be happening. The illusion is one of ''wrongness''. Rightness is all that is real.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
The illusion is one of ''wrongness''. Rightness is all that is real.

this was revealed to me in a dream. weeks ago.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
this was revealed to me in a dream. weeks ago.

Cool! Maybe we are all being given slightly new ways of interpreting things.
Old 28-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Sira

Thank you for this thread! When I joined this forum I was surprised to see so much existentialist exchange around what is real and what is illusion. I decided to stay out of those conversations.
When I meditate and astral travel, it is a real experience for me. When I go to depths in my dreams and come back noticing bruises in my body when I wake up, it is very real to me. When I eat something that my body does not accept and gives me a stomach ache, the pain is real to me. When in the evening I look around in the bedroom to see the energy beings coming to take care of me, they are real to me.
Yes, you can argue that everything is illusion and nothing is real. I accept that but it sort of kills the conversation. From my point of view this world of experience is created for humans to experience whatever they are to experience. There are other worlds and there will be new worlds, for other experiences. Are they real? It really depends on the perspective. For a human experiencing in such a world it is real. For omnipotent creator it is potential unfolding and the potential includes any set of formulae defined for that world. All possibilities exist the moment the formulae are defined, with all their outcomes known. So why do we come here if all possibilities and outcomes are known? It is a different thing to theorize of driving a formula 1 car and totally another of actually driving it.
I could go on and on but stop here for brevity's sake.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Could I ask you what way are you looking it then ?.

Hello psychoslice,

I am looking at this in the sense nothing is an illusion to the individual experiencing it. The "real" me at this present moment is who I am being at this time.

To me, when I come across be the real you, at present I don't know who else I can be.

Yes with life comes change, things are revealed to help one better understand and I have will continue to grow and change.

If it is meant the "real" is not of this physical existence and/or experience and that because, perhaps, in essence I am more then this and eternal (so to speak) I am not seeing one being separate from the other.

So I present this to you to give a better understandment of where I am coming from.

I thank you for being you.

Peace to you
Old 28-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Gerryh

I would say then that you are living a life of "authentic power" Moonglow and that nothing in your world is illusory to you.That is how it should be I think.
Best wishes to you.
Gerry
Old 28-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Master
Hello,

I would like to thank everyone for their inputs and insights.
Reflecting a piece of who you are.

I was becoming a little fustrated with the illusion thing and now I have come to just letting it be, but still willing to explore it.

I would like to share something that came to while reflecting on illusion last night before I drifted off to sleep.

First I say perhaps here for I don't feel I can speak for everyone.

Perhaps the illusion is in one thinking all of this is permanent.
It is not.
Perhaps the illusion lays in one trying to hold on to it, even when it has all ready passed.
Perhaps the illusion is that everything is of the "flow" and somehow one can stop it.
Perhaps the teachings are not pointing at "there is no-one there" but to how to be while we are here.
Perhaps even our own being may once more return to the formless.
But while one is experiencing it, thinking it, reacting to it, it is real.
It is of life and life itself. All of its movements and change.

Peace to you.
Old 28-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Hello,

I would like to thank everyone for their inputs and insights.
Reflecting a piece of who you are.

I was becoming a little fustrated with the illusion thing and now I have come to just letting it be, but still willing to explore it.

I would like to share something that came to while reflecting on illusion last night before I drifted off to sleep.

First I say perhaps here for I don't feel I can speak for everyone.

Perhaps the illusion is in one thinking all of this is permanent.
It is not.
Perhaps the illusion lays in one trying to hold on to it, even when it has all ready passed.
Perhaps the illusion is that everything is of the "flow" and somehow one can stop it.
Perhaps the teachings are not pointing at "there is no-one there" but to how to be while we are here.
Perhaps even our own being may once more return to the formless.
But while one is experiencing it, thinking it, reacting to it, it is real.
It is of life and life itself. All of its movements and change.

Peace to you.

That seems like it was a worthwhile contemplation x