Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 26-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
In fact I have studied both environments. I love going to villages. I love simple people and their life styles.If I have time I like to travel to the country side.

A few months ago I went to a develomentally backward district. I came across a community where the majority are peasants. They are toling hard to make two ends meet. They are poor but not stressing out themselves the way we are. They do not look so much happy, nor do look so much unhappy either. Kind of balance I see in their life styles.

Compared with them the rich and affluent in the city look happy outside but they are more stressed out and die of heart attacks. Their stress level is too high

I have seen this too, particularly in India where I have spent a good bit of time. Some years ago one night I walked through a poor neighborhood... a whole family in one room without electricity and water only from a community pump. I heard lots of laughter and felt warmth and ease there. Then I walked through a middle class neighborhood and felt mostly tension and pressure to achieve and acquire more.

As India changes with the improving economy some of this is being lost. Win some things... lose others...

Xan

Old 26-12-2010, 02:28 AM
blackfellawhitefella

Quote:
Quality, not quantity

ahhhhhhhhhhh , now theres a christmas memory from my distant past Xan

me @ nearly 16 , my aunty (with devilish intent) handing over my christmas present ... then sitting back to devour my reaction.

on unwrapping the 'present' , i found a pair of underpants ... covered in the above quote.
Old 26-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Master
ahhhhhhhhh

blessings
Xan

Old 26-12-2010, 02:46 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I have seen this too, particularly in India where I have spent a good bit of time. Some years ago one night I walked through a poor neighborhood... a whole family in one room without electricity and water only from a community pump. I heard lots of laughter and felt warmth and ease there. Then I walked through a middle class neighborhood and felt mostly tension and pressure to achieve and acquire more.

As India changes with the improving economy some of this is being lost. Win some things... lose others...

Xan

Yes you are right. We have a housemaid and she is a widow with three children. She is having a room for rent. She is earning a very meager income and is insecure about her future. She is staying in a small room, in fact it is not a room, it is a dark hole with no windows even and very suffocating atmosphere inside. Her children becoming sick frequently.

Yet she seems happy and she never worries about tomorrows and she does not care about her children' s future too. She always is smiling and if she has money she gives and never likes to hoard her money and that is how she carries on her life.

From our standpoints she is a miserable woman since has no one to rely on and nothing to live off. Yet she is much happier than we are though we are wealthy.

She is living a fuller life
Old 27-12-2010, 12:49 AM
blackfellawhitefella

sharing a little extra wealth with her could create a little happiness in everyone