Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 30-06-2014, 04:23 AM
Experiencer
I drink both almond milk and soymilk.
Old 30-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Knower
I'm kind of leaning towards giving coconut milk a try first. I read that coconut has a stabilizing effect on blood sugar levels and I'm a diabetic. So that might be a way to go. Thanks for the great responses everyone. If I don't like the taste of coconut milk then I'll try soy.
Old 30-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Master
You might be able to get goats milk at Sainsburys ~ that's if you live in the UK... If it is exactly what you want ~ buy a goat... They make great pets and eat loads of rubbish... In fact, they are one of the best recycling machines: on four legs...

Rob....
Old 30-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBrit
I'm kind of leaning towards giving coconut milk a try first. I read that coconut has a stabilizing effect on blood sugar levels and I'm a diabetic. So that might be a way to go. Thanks for the great responses everyone. If I don't like the taste of coconut milk then I'll try soy.

Oats too has a stabilizing effect on the blood sugar level.

You can also make your own coconut milk. I did it this morning with my kitchen machine. Wasn't too bad. I still have to experiment some more to get it how I want it.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Knower
Last night I bought a carton of So Delicious coconut milk. I tried it this morning in my cereal and I loved it. I hardly noticed a difference in taste. It was a little like using 1% milk, I guess. But I now have a good alternative to dairy milk.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Experiencer
Congratulations.

I think you have made a big step towards a happier lifestyle.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Knower
Thanks! Stop and shop have the coconut milk on sale as buy 2 for $4. I think we'll have to go back tonight and stock up!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Experiencer
I go for discount actions too. They always pay off in the long run.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Knower
You can't beat a good deal!

I think with this stuff you have to take advantage of the offers. Compared to cows milk you don't get the same value otherwise. I noticed this carton gives just four cups. So that's four days if used only for cereal. I wish it was sold in bigger cartons or bottles.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Experiencer
Bigger cartons stay opened longer. More chance of the content going bad. Better buy a few smaller cartons extra.

I know that coconut has an effect that it gives you a good saturated feeling. So when you get used to it perhaps you will have enough on smaller quantities.

Yesterday I bought real coconut ice cream. Made of only coconut ingredients. So no cow milk or anything like that. It didn't have much taste but it surprised me that I didn't crave for more after I finished it.
Much to my surprise this morning I had lost 0.7kg when I weighed myself. I do think the coconut ice had something to do with it.

Coconut is great.