Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 01-08-2011, 10:42 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowsEve
Thanks for these replies people.

DebbyM, I will do this later.. I'm in company of my little sister at the moment who'd probably be traumatised if she saw such things!

Yeah, I remember how I reacted to some things when I was a kid and it's best to be discrete. Mind you, maybe you shouldn't do that either....maybe you are a sensitive person and don't need to add that angst to your psyche. Everyone learns things in life in different ways and what suits one is not for another. Anyway, like what White Shaman says, maybe you aren't ready and it will all fall into place at the right time, but not yet. Your 'you' is willing, but the walking-talking you is still wobbly on it. That's all I got to say, I'm feeling wobbly today so maybe anything I say should come with a disclaimer.....

Anyway, there you are.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
When I was ready, I found that I never looked back. Maybe you are not ready.
Feeling guilty might be a sign that you are not ready.
Don't worry about it.................keep trying if you want but don't worry about it.
That's my opinion anyways.
Blessings, James

THis is the most helpful response i've seen so far in this thread why are others using this as a platform to go on about animal abuse and such because to me that smacks of brow beating, to give up meat is hard, I know because i've considered it myself, to give up because some one has guilt tripped you into it is the wrong reason to give it up imo

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 01-08-2011, 11:05 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
THis is the most helpful response i've seen so far in this thread why are others using this as a platform to go on about animal abuse and such because to me that smacks of brow beating, to give up meat is hard, I know because i've considered it myself, to give up because some one has guilt tripped you into it is the wrong reason to give it up imo

You know what, the only reason it comes across as browbeating to you is because you're maybe not comfortable hearing stuff. But if you look at it objectively and hypothetically speaking, if you knew something about an issue and it was dear to your heart (whatever it was), and you heard someone say something that you clearly didn't agree with or believe, would you not say something? And that goes both ways on these forums, that's a lot of what keeps them going, discourse on subjects that not everyone agrees on.

As for the response from White Shaman, you're right, it was good.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
You know what, the only reason it comes across as browbeating to you is because you're maybe not comfortable hearing stuff.

The reason it comes accross as browbeating to me is because the author of this thread didn't ask for graphic and gory details and tales of animal abuse and cruelty, they merely asked for support with a very difficult decision.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowsEve
I'm beginning to feel increasingly guilty every single time I eat it. But there is a problem... meat is literally my most favourite tasting thing, ever.. red meat specifically. & That's the worst for you! I really want to stop but my efforts have failed, has anyone else here had a hard time giving up meat and how did you successfully give it up without wanting it anymore? Thank-you!

Actually there are studies that have come out that have said red meat isn't bad for you. Nor, is meat bad for you. They say it's processed foods that are bad for you.

As for giving up meat. You have to ask yourself why you are going to give it up. Why do you really want to not eat meat? You have to truly want to on your own terms, and it has to be something you want to do. And not something because someone else has told you to give it up. If you do it because of what someone else has said it will not work. You will end up right back to where you started.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Time

I agree with innerlight.

IMO you should see both sides of the pole. Read Gaias garden, and see the impact of agriculture.

You should ultimatly do what makes you happy. The best way to make a choice like this is to look up the question in all aspects

WHy would you stop eating meat? Would that actualy stop harm or create it? Does it make me feel good? Have i researched this myself, not taken other peoples word for it ( not to get confused wth taking ADVICE). Dont forget about your health, get your vitamin and minteral levels checked once in a while, and go speak to a dietician/nutritionalist if your intrested in not eating meat. Go to some vegan boards, talk to vegans you trust.

Personaly, I need to eat meat. Only eating veggies doesnt work for me. It isnt the meat thats bad for us,its the ammount, type and quality. Untill 50 or 60 years ago, the principle meat for us was organ meat, heart, liver, kidneys. Whta we eat was dog food or the stew meats. Its the processed meat as well.

Make sure you follow the information, trust your gut and enjoy the journey. I hope you choose what makes you happy
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 AM
DebbyM

Quote:
The reason it comes accross as browbeating to me is because the author of this thread didn't ask for graphic and gory details and tales of animal abuse and cruelty, they merely asked for support with a very difficult decision.

And I told her what worked for me and besides, you're exaggerating a bit aren't you? I mentioned some Google search words but didn't mention any gory or graphic details and tales of animal abuse did I and I don't think anyone else did either.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:53 AM
JustAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
You should ultimatly do what makes you happy. The best way to make a choice like this is to look up the question in all aspects
I would think the best way to choose what makes us happier is by determining through self experience, instead of making that choice upon what others "say so". Have you experienced a vegan diet before?

I agree with what most have said. Basing a foundation on guilt usually doesn't last. It can make a person irritable and unhappy from caring such a burden. For me, I have no temptation whatsoever to eat animal products and I feel great without it. By focusing on the health benefits instead of moral or religious reasons, you will be able to cut out meat a lot easier, instead of resisting the guilt. To know if the vegetarian diet is really healthier or not, the only way to know for sure is by experiencing it out for yourself. Good luck to ya.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Master
If you really want to give up meat, I would say to just cut down slowly, maybe have more white meat such as chicken or fish, forget about the guilt, animals are eaten everyday by other animals, were all food.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:

Thanks Daisy.........I kind of liked it too......lol
Seriously though, the author never mentioned why he wanted to give up meat. Time took the time to inquire as to why before making suggestions based on assumptions as to why.
I liked that one too.
I don't have a problem with the responses, it just makes sense to me to understand what is going on first, like why and why one feels guilty, before offering direct suggestions.
To each his own but the last thing I want is to try and convert someone to my way of living.
They will never last...................it has to be real and come from the heart.
And as Time has shown us all in other threads, it doesn't hurt to have the facts, if you will, presented by both sides.
The decision is easy when one is ready............or when one decides not to.