Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 24-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Quagmire

Sorry my bad, I just assumed as the thread said there are no accidents and not this was no accident. I have seen accidents happen, but most things is far from accidents as far as I see/understand it.

There are many joys in the spirit world and other ways to learn than to incarnate on Earth. But if it is possible to have a life purpose I believe it is equal possible to have none. I remember at least one life where I did not come down here with a specific purpose and just took things as they came. In that there are also plenty of lessons to learn
Old 24-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
But there may be exceptions.

And yes it might just be me that is the exception but my spirit guide is placed on quite a high level plus I equal my life lessons as being my lifes purpose (though it is at all times possible to change or simply ignore).
Old 25-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Henri77

A pretty remarkable story , whatever the rationale.
Nearest thing to a miracle I've heard all week.
Old 25-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Sybilline

Hi everyone,

I agree with “there are no accidents”. However a question has been bugging me for a long time and it makes me question this belief.

If there are no accidents and you go Home when it is your time, then what’s the point of being careful?

Should it be okay to smoke, do drugs, go crazy, eat anything, etc., because you don’t really die til it’s your time?

I guess another way to say it is… Does the body’s/mind’s decision affect the Soul’s decision at all?

I have heard of a Master Yogi in a video, who told his disciples he was going to die. After a heartwarming speech, he placed his hands on his cheek, lay down, and died.

Jesus, too, knew when he was gonna die.

I don’t know how to fully express what I’m trying to say but I hope someone understood…

That said I still believe in “no accidents”. However I can’t seem to get the answer to this question…

:(
Old 25-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Should it be okay to smoke, do drugs, go crazy, eat anything, etc., because you don’t really die til it’s your time?

I guess another way to say it is… Does the body’s/mind’s decision affect the Soul’s decision at all?

Yes, it's a good point Sybilline. I do think the "body's/mind" always can affect the decision.

Assuming one makes decisions that shorten your life (taking risks also included here) and when you do go, realize you didn't "get done" what you planned. Then wouldn't that be a motivator for you to change those kinds of decisions next time around and make full use of the short time you have?

I think the idea of --Have I met my own (our own) goals? comes in here somewhere.

Maybe.

Isle - Lora
Old 25-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Juanita

Cat

[quote=Sybilline]Hi everyone,

I agree with “there are no accidents”. However a question has been bugging me for a long time and it makes me question this belief.

If there are no accidents and you go Home when it is your time, then what’s the point of being careful?

I have heard of a Master Yogi in a video, who told his disciples he was going to die. After a heartwarming speech, he placed his hands on his cheek, lay down, and died.

Jesus, too, knew when he was gonna die.

I don’t know how to fully express what I’m trying to say but I hope someone understood…

That said I still believe in “no accidents”. However I can’t seem to get the answer to this question…

:([/QUOTE

this is a great question.....actually, you probably "don't" have to be careful, but fear makes us this way and as I am one who believes that I, together with my soul group, preplanned the major events and circumstances of my life, I think that many choose a lifestyle that will eventually lead to their transition, but only when it is their preplanned time, even if all lessons were not learned as this time was preplanned for a reason...... I have known smokers who died from illnesses or events that had nothing to do with smoking, etc......I don't believe that anything happens by accident, or in miracles or coincidence. we all come here with a Life Plan, which fits in with any universal or divine plan.......there is a reason for everything and everything happens for a reason............
Old 25-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
And sometimes we shall not listen to angels!

And sometimes you shall !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 25-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Master
Juanita--

Only within limits can we not be careful. I agree the fear part is unnecessary. But there are the very real physical limitations that we have--bodies that can only take so much work or abuse, cliffs that can't be jumped off of (without a parachute), cars that shouldn't be driven too fast, etc.

I mean, we are "of" this physical world as well and we do have to pay attention to certain physics that applies to us here--breathing, drinking, eating.

But it is true that there are smokers who die from other causes.

I've noticed that the old people who live long lives to 110 years or something often have done so drinking every day or smoking a cigar every day. They just don't hold fear about doing those things.

AND, they all seem to have a kind of flexibilitiy about them--the Betty White effect. She doesn't bother to fuss and fume about "young people today" or rap or anything else. She just seems to go with it and enjoy herself.

Things to aspire to.

Lora
Old 25-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Quagmire

I have searched the Cosmos today and no place can I find any evidence that it is impossible for accidents to happen. So what if not all happens for a reason, is that really that scary. The important thing is not that things happen for a reason but that we find reason in what happens.
Old 25-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Juanita--

Only within limits can we not be careful. I agree the fear part is unnecessary. But there are the very real physical limitations that we have--bodies that can only take so much work or abuse, cliffs that can't be jumped off of (without a parachute), cars that shouldn't be driven too fast, etc.

I mean, we are "of" this physical world as well and we do have to pay attention to certain physics that applies to us here--breathing, drinking, eating.

But it is true that there are smokers who die from other causes.

I've noticed that the old people who live long lives to 110 years or something often have done so drinking every day or smoking a cigar every day. They just don't hold fear about doing those things.

AND, they all seem to have a kind of flexibilitiy about them--the Betty White effect. She doesn't bother to fuss and fume about "young people today" or rap or anything else. She just seems to go with it and enjoy herself.

Things to aspire to.

Lora

Hi Lora,

As I see it, the state of mind has everything to do with health and wellness.

A person does very good for the self if they take care of both the body and the mind, but the mind is the most powerful factor for well being.

Fear, concern, and low self esteem will kill you quickly or promote a long slow and painful human experience.

The choice to be happy is a conscious effort that is not cultivated in our culture.

At some level, there are no accidents, just choices that serve the greater good in some appropriate manner. An amazing coincidence is not an accident.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/