Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2007, 02:41 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

angelicious: I agree, with reservations.. suppose that there is a pedophile with sociopathic tendencies holding an innocent 5 year old at knife point.. what you know is that the child's life will end if you don't intervene AND the only intervention is to end the pedophile's life.. further, if you don't intervene the pedophile will continue to harm more children.. what do you do? I know it's an extreme example but, not too unrealistic..

While you may preserve your individual ideals, non-violence.. there is a broader set of consequences that that put you in the position of empowering greater violence.. at some point we must see beyond our "personal" perspectives, we are a social community with social responsibilities.. In the real world, i respond according to my responsibilities to my brothers and sisters, in accordance with the principles of peace and harmony..

Be well..
Old 15-02-2007, 02:47 PM
angelicious

The Dalai Lama is a living example of nonviolence. He Peacefully gave up a nation, a home, instead of resorting to violence. I recommend reading 'The Art Of Happiness' - by the Dalai Lama.
Old 15-02-2007, 02:56 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

Here's a solution, learn detachment from this material world, make the changes in yourself that will benefit mankind, then watch the world around you evolve as you evolve and live your truth, your highest good.
Sure, ignore the interactive responsibilities of Living.. go deeply into yourself.. it's referred to as "escapism".. you solution is unbalanced, i contend that both your solution and mine can be merged.. Can you really "Live you truth" and stay detached from Life.. no, Life IS your truth.. conjuring some metaphysical escape clause is irresponsible to the evolution of Life itself.. If you think that the Australian experiment was a failure, look at the world around you.. the "good and righteous" self-involved people have fared worse than the Australian experiment.. sounds like the Ostriches have provided good examples..

Be well..
Old 15-02-2007, 03:00 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

The Dalai Lama is a living example of nonviolence. He Peacefully gave up a nation, a home, instead of resorting to violence. I recommend reading 'The Art Of Happiness' - by the Dalai Lama.
I'm sure the Dali is quite happy.. but, you might want to check with the people he abandoned..

IF life is a lesson of collective experiences and unity.. The Dali is skipping school..

Be well..
Old 15-02-2007, 04:02 PM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

I'm sure the Dali is quite happy.. but, you might want to check with the people he abandoned..

IF life is a lesson of collective experiences and unity.. The Dali is skipping school..

Be well..

Cool, lol, have you checked with his people? I think you'll be surprised, smiles.
.....And after all that, The Dalai Lama's still a living example of nonviolence, tolerance, compassion, acceptance, and love. There's others too, we exist all over the world.

Oh, I'll explain clearer about detachment, I mean detach yourself from material things (e.g. things that are not of spirit, possessions, etc.), not the world (sorry TzuJanLi, type error). So, you still get to participate in life, yet at a humble level, and that brings about positive changes in itself, major changes within. And when that happens your perception changes & you view things differently.
Oh, and yes, yes, yes, I can and am living my truth to the best of my abilities right now.

Last edited by angelicious : 26-03-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 15-02-2007, 04:19 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi angelicious: Yes, i've even been to China, Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan.. and by all means, i appreciate the people's situation.. they endure suffering with a happy heart, as i do in many cases.. but, you failed to address the hypothetical i posed regarding the pedophile/child screnario.. my heart has diminished happiness relative to that situation, i am required to make a choice.. and the choice is to move toward the greater good.. What is your choice?

Be well..
Old 15-02-2007, 04:37 PM
angelicious

Question

Quote:
Greetings..

angelicious: I agree, with reservations.. suppose that there is a pedophile with sociopathic tendencies holding an innocent 5 year old at knife point.. what you know is that the child's life will end if you don't intervene AND the only intervention is to end the pedophile's life.. further, if you don't intervene the pedophile will continue to harm more children.. what do you do? I know it's an extreme example but, not too unrealistic..

While you may preserve your individual ideals, non-violence.. there is a broader set of consequences that that put you in the position of empowering greater violence.. at some point we must see beyond our "personal" perspectives, we are a social community with social responsibilities.. In the real world, i respond according to my responsibilities to my brothers and sisters, in accordance with the principles of peace and harmony..

Be well..

Ahhh, the question is actually, what would you do, hmmm?
I'd actually leave crime busting to the law enforcers because thats what violence is....a crime. I reckon if you feed something energy, it will indeed grow, what do you feed, violence or non violence?

My response is the same across the board for every human being in the world...I will never, ever, harm another human being, and blood of man will not be spilt by my hands. There's no contradictions here, I'll never condone taking a life because that life took a life, that would just put me in their shoes, no thanks, I'm not a killer.
Oh, and Yes, I see the world out there, the question is do you?
Hey Mark_W, I now see what you mean by contradictions, like someone being against killing, but will kill if deemed necessary. Interesting it is indeed, a non-killing killer, . Great post.

Last edited by angelicious : 15-02-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 15-02-2007, 04:50 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

I'd actually leave crime busting to the law enforcers because thats what violence is....a crime.
Well, that's not an option in the scenario.. you have two choices, to intervene and prevent the obvious loss of one innocent life by ending another, not innocent life.. or, permit the loss of an innocent life AND the future losses of life based on the pedophile's history and affirmed intentions.. i know it's a nasty scenario, but one we face at differing levels of intensity every day.. What is the most appropriate choice..? Most people wriggle out of answering the question as posed, so don't feel bad.. but, being honest, i would, reluctantly, intervene.. most people hold their values too high to admit that in an actual situation, they just might make a choice that is contrary to their beliefs..

Be well..
Old 15-02-2007, 04:55 PM
angelicious

Quote:
Greetings..

Hi angelicious: Yes, i've even been to China, Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan.. and by all means, i appreciate the people's situation.. they endure suffering with a happy heart, as i do in many cases.. but, you failed to address the hypothetical i posed regarding the pedophile/child screnario.. my heart has diminished happiness relative to that situation, i am required to make a choice.. and the choice is to move toward the greater good.. What is your choice?

Be well..

My choice is be here now, that is what's real. The scenario is hypothetical, so it's not real, it hasn't even happened. Not Addressing the situation will starve it of energy, I prefer to discuss what is real, and in the best interest of my highest good and the good of all concerned.

Last edited by angelicious : 15-02-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 15-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Mark_W

Angelicious, you have perfectly replaced the need for me in my own thread (I mean that in a good way). I enjoyed reading your responses, your optimism and nonviolent stance is encouraging. I wonder how and when did you come to the realization that violence is never the answer?
Closed Thread