Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
akbar

I Prayed The God

I prayed the God to accept me as his,
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM
fool

I once had the different religions explained like this ,

God ( or higher conscious or whatever ) is represented as the top of a mountain.

The many different religions are represented as many villages around the base.

each village can see the top of the mountain, but has adifferent view, and sees something different,
and when someone from a village tries to reach up to the top of the mountain, the path is different from village to village

but in essence they are all the same
Old 15-02-2007, 05:10 AM
karen

[quote=akbar]I prayed the God to accept me as his,
Old 15-02-2007, 05:49 AM
akbar

A friend in faith

(Akbar that is as humble as it gets. I sincerely believe there is one God who has created everything...the Almighty.

There is so much beauty, seen and unseen....Our home, the earth .... each other, mankind.....the spirit creatures and their realm. The majority seem at present to be in opposition to who created them and for what purpose.

So many march off to war and kill or they make the creation more important than the creator or even to the other extreme where they show no regard for his creations and destroy them. This observation must not become a judgement though. After all God knows our hearts and knows us better than we know ourselves and how many of us have come from this existense. I know i did !!!!

I guess the message of God is so wonderful that we fall into the trap of following the messenger rather than the origin of the message. We dont seek the truth ourselves but become trapped in someone elses belief either by fear or greed or simply laziness. We owe it to ourselves to build a relationship with God and to approach him with love and repentence but to give glory to God in our own interpretation without inflicting that way as a requirement on anyone else. We should be there to love and encourage, to help and to teach each other with understanding becoming united in our weaknesses rather than being divided in our pride.

God bless you Akbar[/quote])

Should I understand/take that I have find a like minded fellow? I deeply desire to have at least one. Would you be friendly enough to read my other posts and let me know where you agree or disagree with me?
I requested other friends also to let me know if they find any contradicrions, incoherence or inconsistancies in my posts.

God bless you.

Last edited by akbar : 15-02-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 15-02-2007, 11:47 AM
karen

Hi Akbar ...
Have just got through getting to know you through your posts. You have observed the world with a depth of honesty. You have a wonderful appreciation for what God has created but i just wonder why you have not mentioned Jesus Christ. Have you ever had him explained to you ? I believe Jesus is not God but the spiritual son of God and i call the God, my Father or Jehovah or God but also understand him to be called Jah and Yahweh by others. I believe that the Holy Scriptures/the Bible is the word of God but I understand that you can certainly have a great love and understanding of the almighty without it. It has been fundamental in helping me in my search for truth.

There has never been a time, in my 38 years, that i havnt believed in God, but it was not until i read his word that i drew close to him and truly loved and understood him. I was at a point in my life where i couldnt do it on my own any more. I was so happy to find out that i didnt have to. My life has changed so much and everything i have been able to achieve has been possible through Gods strength and guidence.Yes it got worse before it got better and there was much searching and many tests of faith but i now have a new respect for the word endurance...lol. You sound like you have turned away from certain childhood beliefs so i would love to here what were your defining moments in establishing your faith.

You may never find someone that shares your exact beliefs but that is what makes you 'YOU'.
Old 16-02-2007, 04:36 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

There is so much beauty, seen and unseen....Our home, the earth .... each other, mankind.....the spirit creatures and their realm. The majority seem at present to be in opposition to who created them and for what purpose.

I don't think that people are "in opposition to who created them and for what purpose.".. i think people see the purpose differently..some see the purpose to be that "God" created the Universe to glorify its ("God's") existence.. pets to worship and adore their Master.. That "purpose" clearly implies that "God" has a perceived condition of lacking something in its existence, it has a "need" to be worshipped, adored, obeyed, etc.. The "God" with which i am familiar has no such lack or need..

Love, bought with promises (heaven) or fear (hell).. is not true Love.. true love is born of an intimate knowing.. observing the characteristics of another and finding truth in the relationship.. true love is expressed in the willingness to let another be "who they are", and accepting their truth of themselves.. "God's" plan, as described in the Bible, would present "God" as a cosmic puppeteer, controlling its creation with the strings of hope and fear.. negotiating eternity with "freewill" and the creation's approved use of it..
GENESIS 6:1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (NKJV)

Does there seem to be an inconsistency, here..? Where "the sons of God" took women as they chose, without regard for common decency? Clearly, the Bible indicates that "God's" spirit shall not dwell with man forever.. While we are created "in "God's image", it appears that we are less than its "Son's".. we are more tightly regulated and eternally disciplined for deeds that "God's sons" enjoy without consequence.. This passage from "the word of God" is easily interpretable as thge flesh of man being unworthy for "God or his sons", that perhaps, humanity is an experiment and "God" the scientist regulating the outcome.. Maybe humanity is just a cosmic farming project, where the quality of the harvest is regulated by "God or his "sons"...

Either the Bible is true or it isn't.. we can't pick and choose, we can't interpret according to swings in cultural beliefs and standards.. people invoke the Bible as the certain and true word of "God".. and the inconsistencies challenge our reason.. what we have is cultural interpretations of simple spiritual awareness, interpretations that represent thousands of years of campfire imaginings, thousands of nights gazing into the heavens wondering and imagining.. social issues finding residence in the imaginings and consensus in the campfire circles.. belief systems evolve according to the needs of culture and the greed of the powerful..

Worship nothing, yet.. maintain a sacred reverence for ALL things.. find this truth in your own existence.. it's there...

Be well...
Old 17-02-2007, 04:47 AM
akbar

Again

Let me mention again that my faith does not need any references from authoritative or religious books. I have nothing to say but only one that there is a God. I hope you would not find any thing additional in any of my posts. I do not want to indulge in FREE WILL discusions but I am willing to explain my faith from every angle with a simplicity of a farmer.

Last edited by akbar : 17-02-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old 17-02-2007, 06:18 AM
karen

I believe God created the earth for us with a set of guidelines in place for our own health and happiness. To me,true love is never self serving. God doesnt have a need to be worshipped but has a strong need to take care of us in the best way he knows how. How does he do that when we keep turning away from him. God does let us be who we want to be but in an effort to discipline/teach us, he doesnt disturb the consequences of our choices. Look right now at who you are...do you see any strings ?

To be knowing, you have to remain teachable and without a teacher how would we learn. There is no punishment of 'hell' if you walk away from Gods classroom. You will always make your own choice as to what your heart really desires and can withstand. My only advise is to be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it. I ask myself does my belief have a means to an end? Am i sure i am learning from the right spirit? Has the reward become more important than God himself ? I have tied the strings to myself and given them to God because i know he knows best. I dont see him as a mere puppeteer but my life-line.

I have experienced the Bible to be the word of God. I have deeply searched the apparent inconsistancies and found them to be a course of puzzle pieces that fit presisely, as long as you dont give up at the first sign of difficulty or uncomfortability. My guess is it becomes the veil for those that use it insinserely without an honest heart. Do people consider the amazing knowledge it holds.....

Who else in that period of time could have described the water cycle...Job 36:26,27
26 How great is God
Old 18-02-2007, 02:04 PM
akbar

Hello friend

I read your post and agree with much of it. Christian community is the world's largest and counts in more than billion. I think it may not and would not make any difference with the addition of an ordinory farmer from a third world country.

I would like to illustrate my faith by few more posts and then hear from you about the difference between such a faith and your religion.

Regards and love,
Akbar.
Old 19-02-2007, 04:07 PM
akbar

Hello friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
IGod found me. If there is one person who God can help through me, in my entire life of ministering, it was surely worth the critisism of the rest.

What sort of criticism you may possibly face? Are you also afraid of criticism being a member of civilized and free society?
Closed Thread