Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-04-2016, 01:10 PM
....for seriously having fun.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Master

It's a bit of both!

There is a time to be serious, but there is also a time to smile and laugh and dance and rejoice!

The spiritual Journey is a hard climb, it requires an indomitable spirit, but it also requires a happy heart.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
Or do you think there should be both and a totally harmonious life holds a balance of each?

For me, it is a balance of both...having fun and knowing when to put on your "serious" hat ;)
Old 16-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Master
i'm not on board with the "balance" sentiments.
the sensible, thoughtful answer (to my mind) is to have fun.
"life is meant to be fun, and airy and light"; seriously.
Old 16-04-2016, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i'm not on board with the "balance" sentiments.
the sensible, thoughtful answer (to my mind) is to have fun.
"life is meant to be fun, and airy and light"; seriously.
You mean we were not meant to be serious and miserable?

My old guru said once, paraphrased...

When you were deciding to come here...
trust me, you didn't say...So I will work at this boring job and move
papers from one side of my desk to another!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You mean we were not meant to be serious and miserable?

My old guru said once, paraphrased...

When you were deciding to come here...
trust me, you didn't say...So I will work at this boring job and move
papers from one side of my desk to another!

yes, i mean that.
and i also believe that "the work" that many suppose needs to
be done ought to be an enjoyable exercise.
if we're not doing something so that we can enjoy (life/ourselves/others),
then why are we doing things?
the means and the ends need to be in alignment...
joy is achieved joyously, lighthearted.
Old 16-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
Are you someone who believes life is a gift not to be taken lightly, that you have a destiny calling for you to meet - or do you believe life is meant to be fun, and airy and light, and there is no divine plan to hold ourselves accountable towards? Or do you think there should be both and a totally harmonious life holds a balance of each?

If I hold myself to a "Divine Plan" then I am letting myself being controlled by others. A free life can be airy and fun.
Old 16-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Master
I like playing within what could be called the breakdown of duality.

It's like complete and utter opposites have to learn to get on with each other in and of the same space. Successfully unsuccessful kinda started me off in it whereby I basically defined my own success as being able to be successful without being successful in the big wide world which in another way actually adds to the world being unsuccessful in a small way because I'm not adding their version to my life but adding my version to theirs.

Importantly un-important is another which is about almost the same thing; that it is very important to not have any import carried. Focused un-focus too is there as in a type of peripheral vision which picks up that which almost enjoys hiding on the edges and tempting us to see it... we must un-focus our focus to then properly focus on that which is out of focus.
Old 16-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Lorelyen

Two days ago it was warm so I took myself down to the sea front and just sat their gazing just beyond infinity, a pencil and some music paper on my lap. I awaited the muse - a musical muse I hoped but anything to a-muse would do. Anyway, quite suddenly this flying saucer whizzed up and hovered above me then landed. This green person, no racism intended, lowered the window. He had some kind of translation device that turned his home language into English.

He said, "Hey, I'm from Pluto. Maybe you can help. I came here to learn things because of a rumour that earth people are among the most intelligent in this solar system. But....there are things I can't understand. Between about 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. people leave their houses and pace off to a place called the railway station. They travel anything between 50 and 100 miles then alight the trains and go to these large buildings where they sit at tables they call "workstations", stare at these little screens, press buttons and push papers around. Then at between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. they shuffle the papers together. turn off their little screens, then go back to the houses they started from in the morning. Then they eat then sit on sofas and stare at larger screens that flicker with all kinds of things including things called "ads" that seem to be firms blowing their own trumpets about how good the things they sell are. Some time later they go to bed. And the next day the same happens.
"What's going on?"

I frowned, puzzled. All I could say was "But that's important. It's their life, their purpose in life. It's how they enrich themselves."

"Are they having fun?" he asked.

"Oh, definitely," I told him.

He said, "Okay. You could have fooled me... but thanks for the edification."

He raised the window, got his flying saucer in gear and flew off. Quite put me off my stroke, turned down my offer of a beer at the nearby bar....

Old 16-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat Both

Both!