Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-09-2011, 04:00 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
The bible is not Judeo-christian. It was written in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic, and has been translated in over 2,000 languages. The book is for " All mankind", as expressed in the very last verse in the book. In John 12:32 the focus of Christ is on " All of humanity." In Luke 2:10 it states the good news of the bible is for " All of humanity."In 1John 4:14 Jesus mission given to him by God was to save " All of Humanity." In John 1:29, Jesus took away the sins of " The World." In 1Tim. 2:6 this is repeated, Jesus is called " The Ransom for ALL!" In Heb. 2:9 he tasted death for " ALL."

If you let the bible speak for itself, its a book for All of humanity. After you stop rolling your eyes, read those verses.

I think it may be your own allergy to being labeled Judeo-Christian. Which I fully understand, as it was (and often still is) my own allergy as well.

A rabbi once told me that the entire Old Testament is meant as a training manual to grow ones moral development, by grappling with ethical questions and seeming disparities. I never forgot that.
Old 26-09-2011, 04:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
You are right, there is that distinction, but that doesn't make us truly separate from God. God doesn't think and conceive the way humans do. He doesn't have a mind like ours which has been conditioned through individual experience. If anything I'd say God is mind-less. So there is no conception or preconception within God's mind which needs to be shed. In order for us to realize that God's mind is sitting below the surface of our own mind, we have to shed the pre-conceptions and return our minds to an unconditioned state (as much as possible).

Topology, I always understand what you say. I am not saying that we are separate from God, we are in God and by that way we are God.
Old 26-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Topology

TeeHee, posting that in it's entirety Instead of linking to it may be a copyright violation.
Old 26-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
The things I don't know far outnumbers what I do know. I am a man in search of truth, I have not progressed beyond that. I have no quarrell with your knowledge or wisdom; it is unfortunate that I do not think like you. But I wish you well on your journey.

Peace.
You are avoiding the issue I am raising. Epistemology is the understanding of how we learn truth and what the gradations of truth are. I'm trying to engage you on a discussion about how we learn what truth is, you claim to be searching for truth and yet you completely avoided the engagement on the pitfalls facing the discovery of truth. Do you want to engage a discussion on epistemology? Talking about the means of acquiring and standards for quality of truth?
Old 26-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Master
The unknown is always staring us in the face and we keep trying to pretend we know things to cover it up. Topology

Nice...............
Old 26-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Time

Quote:
he bible is not Judeo-christian. It was written in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic, and has been translated in over 2,000 languages. The book is for " All mankind", as expressed in the very last verse in the book. In John 12:32 the focus of Christ is on " All of humanity." In Luke 2:10 it states the good news of the bible is for " All of humanity."In 1John 4:14 Jesus mission given to him by God was to save " All of Humanity." In John 1:29, Jesus took away the sins of " The World." In 1Tim. 2:6 this is repeated, Jesus is called " The Ransom for ALL!" In Heb. 2:9 he tasted death for " ALL."

If you let the bible speak for itself, its a book for All of humanity. After you stop rolling your eyes, read those verses.

Actually, the bible was written by jewish people (hence the hebrew), arameic ( islam god as allah, allah = "god" in arameic), and other middle eastern dialects, bnecause that is what the original jewish texts were written in, as well as the gnostic texts. The ones that survived are greek texts. The greks had a major habit of copying other civs books, texts and scrools, thats why many of the arameic/herbrew texts are also in greek, done at a later time.

As for " all of humanity", thats a mistranslation. You have to reasize according to them, the "world" was europe, and a lesser extent africa and asia... thats it. YOu cant assume when it says the "whole world", it means OUR world... it means THEYRE world back when the texct was written.

HOnestly, the majority of people make that BIG mistake of language when interpreting the bible. Priests and "educated" fundies do it ALL the time.

The old testement is essentially stories from the jewish holy texts - hence, Judeo

The NT are stories based on the judeo side, as well as "modernized" with some of the pagan traditions around the middle east. They belive in christ, hence the name "christian".

SO the bible is, judeo - christian. You cant get around that.
Old 26-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
Topology, I always understand what you say. I am not saying that we are separate from God, we are in God and by that way we are God.

Thanks for the props thinker :)
Old 26-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
You are avoiding the issue I am raising. Epistemology is the understanding of how we learn truth and what the gradations of truth are. I'm trying to engage you on a discussion about how we learn what truth is, you claim to be searching for truth and yet you completely avoided the engagement on the pitfalls facing the discovery of truth. Do you want to engage a discussion on epistemology? Talking about the means of acquiring and standards for quality of truth?

I have avoided nothing from anyone. I have made an effort to answer everyone who has questioned me, and respond to every response. I had wanted to engage in a discussion on Gods image, if this Epistemology stuff is on your mind, why not start your own thread on it?
Old 26-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Actually, the bible was written by jewish people (hence the hebrew), arameic ( islam god as allah, allah = "god" in arameic), and other middle eastern dialects, bnecause that is what the original jewish texts were written in, as well as the gnostic texts. The ones that survived are greek texts. The greks had a major habit of copying other civs books, texts and scrools, thats why many of the arameic/herbrew texts are also in greek, done at a later time.

As for " all of humanity", thats a mistranslation. You have to reasize according to them, the "world" was europe, and a lesser extent africa and asia... thats it. YOu cant assume when it says the "whole world", it means OUR world... it means THEYRE world back when the texct was written.

HOnestly, the majority of people make that BIG mistake of language when interpreting the bible. Priests and "educated" fundies do it ALL the time.

The old testement is essentially stories from the jewish holy texts - hence, Judeo

The NT are stories based on the judeo side, as well as "modernized" with some of the pagan traditions around the middle east. They belive in christ, hence the name "christian".

SO the bible is, judeo - christian. You cant get around that.

The bible is not Judeo-christian. It was not written by christians, or for christians. Nor was it written for Jews. And anyone who thinks as such, has simply not read the book. The book itself explains who it was written for. Jesus is the Light of " The World." Not just of Jews and Christians. That a shortsighted view of Gods Salvation and the bible.
Old 26-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Master
Anyhow, If I can get back to topic; What is the Image of God? Well its consciousness, and that consciousness is a Spirit in man. Where is this Spirit in your body? Is it in your head? Many tend to think consciousness in in our heads, that is because when we retrospect, we seem to look inward on an inner space somewhere behind our eyes. but there is no such space in anyones head at all! There is nothing inside our heads except physiological tissue of one sort or another.

Science does not know where or what this Spirit is.