Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 11-02-2024, 03:39 AM
Master

Oh heck, forgot to look at the standings now in the premier league, I'm so lost with the days !!!
Liverpool and city both played and Liverpool remain top , city second , still everything to play for.
Arsenal play today at West ham but even with a win they win stay third, unless they can win by 4 clear goals which would put them above city to go second.
But even then city still have a game in hand.
Meanwhile, at the bottom no change for Everton as they lost to city and Luton stay ( just) safe 4th from bottom but they also have a game in hand.
Everton need a run of wins now .
Old 11-02-2024, 03:49 AM
Master

Red.. you were asking how Jordan Henderson is doing at Ajax.
Hes reportedly doing well. He made his debut about a week ago and there is already ( supposedly) talk of him being made captain after only one game because he impressed his manager so much . We do of course know we can't always believe everything we read in the papers.
Also, and again, "allegedly" he has broken the club record of the most shirts sold by any single player previously in the first 24 hours of them signing ( he's number 6).

The club itself is 5th in the league which sounds quite good on paper, but they are a massive 21 points behind the leaders PSV.
Old 11-02-2024, 06:59 AM
Master

Ahh thanks for that AB.

Yes I just read this morning that Ajax has made Hendo captain. Jeez that was fast hey. I think I’ll check out their last game and see how he’s playing. So glad to see something positive happening for him.

Yep it looks like City and us will be leap frogging each other after each game now until we play each other next and I guess that will determine who will win the league. But City has the advantage with a game in hand so I’m not getting too excited at this stage.

We are still in the Carabao Cup final and the FA Cup so I hope we take out one of them this year. Plus there is the Europa cup which we are still in. I would like to see Klopp and the boys win the Europa because it would be a wonderful ending for Klopp.

Big talk about Alonso taking Klopps place. I really hope so. He’s the favourite as he played for us for five years under Benitez. He understands the Liverpool way, he loves the club and didn’t want to leave and the fans adore him. So perfect replacement if it happens.
Old 11-02-2024, 08:17 AM
Master

Hope you get him if he's the best for the club.

Also, if anyone is following Arsenal v Man city Ladies on at lunchtime today in 5th round cup tie.
Old 11-02-2024, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Altair will be pleased that Leverkusen won.

I am. Not a fan or anything, but Bayern is on a 11 year title streak, which isn't good for that league. I was hoping for Dortmund last year but they bottled it in their last game at home! Bundesliga used to be very competitive before! I remember Werder Bremen, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg all winning the league. And the craziest story is that of Kaiserslautern. They won the league in 1998 after getting promoted in 1997.
Old 11-02-2024, 10:56 AM
Master

Oooh I didn’t know City was playing Arsenal today. I hope Arsenal is as good as they were against us last week. Must have a look at that one.

I see Leverkussen has just beat Bayern yesterday. Yahoooo. Good for Alonso and of course for the league. Maybe Alonso is gonna be good for us after all.

Your right Altair. Bayern has seen dominating it for far too long now and I love to see the underdog beat them.
Old 11-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Master

Red, it's the women's FA cup. Arsenal v Man City about to start shortly.
Liverpool are playing London City in a couple of hours .

Altair, I know what you mean, sometimes we just want a change at the top.
Old 11-02-2024, 04:07 PM
Master

Oh goodness...
Arsenal v west ham 6 - 0...
Could it actually be any closer at the top of the league .
How Arsenal didn't go second with that goal difference is beyond me but those 6 goals could be crucial later on.

The ladies didn't fare so well in the FA cup tie and got beaten by Man City.
But Liverpool Ladies beat London City and the draw for round 6 is tomorrow evening.

And let's not forget the African Nations Cup final this evening.
Ivory coast / Nigeria and being honest I don't mind who wins , I like both teams.
Hopefully it will be a good game to view as a neutral.
Old 12-02-2024, 05:21 AM
Master

Oh WELL DONE Ivory Coast on winning the African Nations Cup. Beating Nigeria 2 - 1 in front of an almost full stadium of their own fans as host nation and an incredible tournament for them.
I seriously expected Nigeria to win but they were just a little below par from the earlier games that I've seen, whereas Ivory Coast seemed to have raised their game a notch .
Am thrilled of course for their number 4 seri who plays for Hull , and from the games I've seen was very impressed with their number 22 striker Haller, who plays for Dortmund.
I checked their table and Dortmund are currently 4th which sounds good, but they are 15 points behind top spot and beggars the question is it cos they have been missing Haller ?
Although I realise of course that one man does not make a team.
But it's been a pleasure to view the last few games of the tournament. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 12-02-2024, 06:34 AM
Master

Yes I noticed today that Ivory Coast won. Funny how they sacked their manager and seemed to do better without him! Lol