Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 03-02-2024, 06:53 AM
Master

Yep SIrNeil, which team do you support?
Old 03-02-2024, 04:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Sir Neil.... It's very noble of you to give credit where it's due against sworn enemy , and we all have them don't we in football? But it's all friendly rivalry and not malicious . I know none of us on here are hooligans !!!!!

None of us on here, no, but I support Watford and it’s NEVER friendly between the two teams. Each time we play, it’s a lunchtime kick-off and an increased police presence: even in the lockdown season when fans weren’t in the grounds.

But that said, I try not to get too sectarian in my football watching as that tends to spoil it all. I just like the banter.
Old 04-02-2024, 06:06 AM
Master

Hi Neil.... Oh but it's terrible when football is played under those conditions. It totally spoils it , and what makes people want to behave like that ? I honestly don't get it ! Yes I know tensions can run high and football itself creates such emotion.... But not to that degree.
Take the wolves/ west Brom game the other day and the crowd trouble there.
One of the commentators said it was akin to a throwback of the 70's where crowd violence was so bad it literally took a couple of decades before families felt safe going to watch the games again.
YES, a bit of friendly ribbing , that's all part of the drama , but not actions that would equate to thuggery , racism and out and out violence.
I know it's not just your team and Luton, there are still a lot of teams that have a bad rep .

But anyway, what the heck you support Watford for ??? LOL...
Only joking !!!!!!!!
I knew you were going to say Watford, and I've no idea why cos I'm rubbish with geography but I kept seeing the name iny minds eye. Maybe I've got the gift after all !!!
Old 04-02-2024, 06:21 AM
Master

SIrNeil. So it’s Watford hey. Good to know, so we can keep an eye on them to see what’s happening each week. Isn’t Elton John involved with them?

I see Everton had a draw with Tottenham. That was a surprise. So glad for them tho as that will get them outa the relegation zone.

Big game tonight for us with Arsenal. It’s on just after midnight over here so I think I’ll stay up and watch it. Should be worth it!
Old 04-02-2024, 06:22 AM
Master

Hey Altair how is Henderson doing at Ajax? That’s your neck of the woods isn’t it.
I hope he’s happier there and does well.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Master

Newcastle vs Luton was a good match, lots of Goals ! Spurs blew it but was happy enough to see Everton getting a point.

__________________________________________________ _________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 04-02-2024, 01:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Newcastle vs Luton was a good match, lots of Goals ! Spurs blew it but was happy enough to see Everton getting a point.

4 All..... Wow, yes, loads of goals !...
Old 04-02-2024, 01:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
SIrNeil. So it’s Watford hey. Good to know, so we can keep an eye on them to see what’s happening each week. Isn’t Elton John involved with them?

Yes he is, and he’s been a big part of the club’s history since the 1970’s, putting money in, and increasing the club’s profile. We have a stand named after him, and there is a mural of him and Graham Taylor on a house next to the stadium. A road beside the stadium has recently been renamed The Yellow Brick Road.

He is also greatly associated with Watford the place, which is great because it is also my home town where I have lived for most of my life. I travel a lot, and if I mention that I come from Watford, people may go “ where’s that? “ But mention Elton (even though he comes from Pinner) or Harry Potter and there is usually some kind of instant recognition.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc

Yesterday was a fantastic day for goals, which tend to flow quite freely in English football, as our footballing culture is usually about attacking. I’m looking forward to all of the 2 o’clock kick offs starting soon as there will probably be more goals flying in.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:08 AM
Master

Well that game was very disappointing, to say the least. Arsenal deserved to win cos they played really good. Don’t know what was up with our guys but they looked like a “pub team” and half asleep.

Oh well we are still top of the league (only just) so I guess that’s something.