Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 04:44 PM
ketzer

*Deleted*... things continue to spiral off the Topic at Hand sooo.

I will say definitively, that if I did not think so at the beginning of this thread, then I certainly do now, that one who puts their joys aside to try to slay this dragon of insane lemming behavior of human beings, will find they will regret doing so. So Ancient, my vote, is for you to continue doing your art. If you want to pause occasionally for the cause, or even direct your art to the cause then so much the better. The problems facing the world, are not ones of science or engineering, those solutions can be found easy enough. They are much more so problems inherent to the human species. Art can inspire people, so I think the artist has as much or more to contribute here as any scientist or engineer does.

Now....how do I convince the Lucky 1 he won't be so lucky in the future if we don't do something about climate change....Hmmmmm.... makes me think.... I wonder what there is for lunch?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 12-02-2021 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Rude, uncalled for
Old 12-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Suspended
Master
It seems that one summer it's the hottest ever recorded and the next winter is the coldest lol . It's colder here in the uk, more so in some parts for over 30 years ..

I don't personally believe in the hype regarding global warming and how it's used to generate more revenue for the governments .

It seems whatever is said and done, the global elite do the opposite and jump on their private jets while condemning peeps with 2l deisel cars that drive 10k in a year lol ..

There are cycles it appears that reflect both an ice age and tropical climates .. round and round it goes just like the seasons .

And just seen on the news the River Thames has frozen .. first time in 60 years .. If Global warming is a constant, this couldn't possibly happen .

x daz x
Old 12-02-2021, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
It seems that one summer it's the hottest ever recorded and the next winter is the coldest lol . It's colder here in the uk, more so in some parts for over 30 years ..
I don't personally believe in the hype regarding global warming and how it's used to generate more revenue for the governments .
It seems whatever is said and done, the global elite do the opposite and jump on their private jets while condemning peeps with 2l diesel cars that drive 10k in a year lol ..
There are cycles it appears that reflect both an ice age and tropical climates .. round and round it goes just like the seasons .
x daz x
I agree, But I must say I have seen a lot of PBS programs... in the mud of previously frozen Siberia, let's say, with bearded Russians talking.
Something is going on. It's creeping up on us, I think, for whatever reason ...Natural cycles ? Sure.
Here in CO people are leaving, (asking me to join them in Maine!) --hotter, dryer summers with polluted air from fires.
Why? I dunno.

Lol, ice berg chunks the size of Rhode Island breaking off!! I mean, What the!?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-02-2021, 08:27 PM
ketzer

Quote:

It seems whatever is said and done, the global elite do the opposite and jump on their private jets while condemning peeps with 2l deisel cars that drive 10k in a year lol ..

And just seen on the news the River Thames has frozen .. first time in 60 years .. If Global warming is a constant, this couldn't possibly happen .

x daz x
Global warming is not a constant, it is a change in the moving average. The Thames freezing is entirely consistent (though not necessarily caused by) climate change. Actually warming is not a good term to use as it is misleading. We are only talking about a few degrees C here. The issue is more energy is being trapped in the atmospheric system so the weather ends up being more unstable and erratic. Some places get hotter and dryer, some get cooler and wetter, but overall there is net average warming and a much more unstable climate. Longer droughts, longer cold snaps, longer heat waves, much more frequent violent weather, etc. etc. etc...

Actually, believe it or not, climate change could still cause a major cooling in Europe, and it is even speculated that a warming planet after the last ice age is actually what triggered the little ice age in Europe in the late middle ages. It has to do with ocean currents and temperature salinity gradients. I don't know how likely scientists consider this to be, but a link to a vid that explains how Brittan and Northern Europe Temps are linked to the Gulf Stream is below. Both are much warmer then their latitude would otherwise suggest, and are kept warm due to heat moving north on ocean currents. Shut down that current as they suspect happened during the little ice age and Siberian winters start moving west. I would think something similar could happen with Washington state if that current gets affected. But IDK. Instead of 50 deg F Seattle winters they might start to get minus 50 deg F Montana winter weather instead. All thanks to a few degrees of warming. We are not talking about a full blown ice age here, that has more to do with a number of other factors, including orbital wobble etc, but perhaps a few centuries of extremely cold winters and shorter summers. Of course the planet is still warming so the equatorial regions would get that much hotter as that additional trapped heat could not move north with the ocean currents. Basically, it means everything becomes a big mess and neither human society nor the natural world can adapt in time and so many/much/all will perish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAuWeoTm2s
Old 12-02-2021, 08:34 PM
Master
Quote:

It's amazing how short term people's memory is, that one cold winter is enough for them to neglect a trend that's been clearly recorded for decades. We've had multiple hot summers in a row with 40C in northern Europe. Summers have been getting progressively warmer for decades with all the hottest summers of the last 100 years or so being in the last 20 years. One cold week right now doesn't change a general trend. We used to have ice for weeks in my country for many decades, centuries during most winters. We had special sporting events for it, but I guess amazingly enough many people don't know that. 30C used to be crazy for a summer, now it is very normal to have 30C+ for many weeks in summer. Anyone with interest in the natural world, ecosystems and animal behaviour can also observe it, but then again that's definitely not the majority of the population.

People get used to change so quickly they start thinking there is no change happening.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:24 PM
Master

Quote:

According to the BBC, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration suggests that severe snowstorms etc may become more likely as the climate warms.

The polar vortex forms each winter and circulates above the North Pole, like a whirlpool which holds icy polar air within a wall of powerful circular winds. If temperatures rise, the polar vortex breaks down releasing cold air to the south and pushing the gulf stream further south.

The gulf stream pushes warm water from the Gulf of Mexico into the Atlantic, and usually flows north of the UK ensuring that the UK has a moderate climate. If the gulf stream is pushed south of the UK then UK winters are estimated to be more than 5C cooler, bringing the average December temperature in London to about 2C.

Of course, the experts disagree as to the extent of this and whether it is becoming more frequent because of climate change.

Peace
Old 12-02-2021, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
According to the BBC, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration suggests that severe snowstorms etc may become more likely as the climate warms.

The polar vortex forms each winter and circulates above the North Pole, like a whirlpool which holds icy polar air within a wall of powerful circular winds. If temperatures rise, the polar vortex breaks down releasing cold air to the south and pushing the gulf stream further south.

The gulf stream pushes warm water from the Gulf of Mexico into the Atlantic, and usually flows north of the UK ensuring that the UK has a moderate climate. If the gulf stream is pushed south of the UK then UK winters are estimated to be more than 5C cooler, bringing the average December temperature in London to about 2C.

Of course, the experts disagree as to the extent of this and whether it is becoming more frequent because of climate change.
Wow, that was an excellent report.
2 C =35.6 F

30C = 86 F

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-02-2021, 10:15 PM
ImthatIm

I am glad someone brought up the ocean currents.
Since this is a major circulatory system on the planet
that has a major role in heating and cooling of the planet.
Which also drives weather systems.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Altair....fossil fuels will never go away.

Why???... Because there is literally no replacement for the organic compounds found in petroleum anywhere else on this planet...That's just a fact

And all the talk about renewables and solar etc. does not change that fact.

And these new technologies have there own set of environmental problems.

Fossil fuels = modern life......So unless the human population is willing to go back to a stone age existence....and we as a species are never going to do that......Fossil fuels are here to stay.

Can you imagine having a car that does nor have petroleum based tires, interior such as dashboard, steering wheels, etc?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:52 PM
Master
In relationship to the original poster's question, I go on living but have put off long term plans. For example, I thought about building a home with bermed walls, solar collectors, etc. The major drawback right now is there are to many unknown variables.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Closed Thread