Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Rikki

I expected hostility, people say they want liberation. But they want superiority with the knowledge they have. A claim i've had thrown over me a few times. All I want is for people to wake up.

If what you do isn't working, do something else. If you aren't awake with what you're currently doing, or knowing, or understanding, or meditation on, TRY SOMETHING ELSE. Isn't that blindingly obvious?

Let's not get lost in language Sound, i'm asking you to SEE the illusion you believe to be 'you'. I offer only a pointer, and you're discussing the pointer with me.

How people love to attack the sign that points to the moon....

The sign is of no importance, the moon however, is quite beautiful.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Free Bird

Can you recommend any literature to read? To help me understand this more, please?

ETA Other than Eckhart tolle, perhaps some online sites?
Old 16-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Master
OP? if you've come to expect hostility from people when you proclaim your expertise and your approach isn't working maybe you should TRY SOMETHING ELSE. isn't that blindingly obvious?
Old 16-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Master
A reminder for everyone who may be reading - these guidelines apply to everyone.

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Abuse and abusive posts (of any nature) will not be tolerated. Breaches of this ruling will result in posts being removed, warnings and if continued, DA. Mocking, and belittling other members also counts as disrespect.

Personal Affairs: This includes disputes from other forums, private arguments from your personal life and disliking other members, these should not be brought into the forum, everyone has an ‘ignore this member’ function which can be used, this behaviour will result in warnings and possible DA.

Complaints: Complaints may be made by pm to any staff member, please do not voice complaints about other members or members of staff on the open forum, ever, as this may result in a warning and possible DA.

Old 16-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Lisa

Quote:

Enlightened-Just spent half hour writing out a reply and had to re-sign in to post it. Which was then deleted. Awesome.

lol understand.

Quote:

What Shantyaikya posted is so true. People fight to be woken up, they are afraid of not having a self and the reluctance to realise this very simple truth has clearly met with a lot of resistance.

Yes. But that which is afraid Is the self. (instead of they are afraid of not having a self.) This is deep conditioning. To get- "Oh, yeah, it's all an illusion" in an instant, may happen, but it is rare.

Quote:

People don't want to 'give up' themselves. Some believe it takes work. 'I am a spiritual person. I have been on my 'path' for years, been to retreats, burn incense, meditate daily. I KNOW more than this guy. It isn't this easy.'

Well you haven't woken up yet, so try what i'm saying on for size. If you know of Eckhart Tolle, you will know he awoke in an instance. He saw the illusion and was liberated INSTANTLY.

But Tolle sufffered terribly for decades. It was his suffering that brought him to liberation- where the self popped like a bubble. He didn't see the illusion, he was what was left when the illusion dissolved. God Realization.

Quote:

Eckhart Tolle once said that the outer world was a manifestation of our inner dysfunction.

Absolutely.

Quote:

It's a very simple truth, that really needs no discussion. I don't say a self doesn't exist, but it's a PHANTOM. It's ILLUSIONARY. And needs RECOGNISING to become free of it.

Yes. But don't you make it something by trying to get rid of it and so fiercely?
Trying to get others to recognize there is no you is okay. I don't know how successful it is. But one thing I do not hear is- what one Is. Reality is there is no you, but what is left, what is there without a you? This is more of an incentive than "there is no you"- of course there would be great resistance to that.

Eckhart Tolle, whom you mentioned twice, his way of teaching is the opposite of yours. He speaks of acceptance and allowing what is in the moment. He never tries to force, or save someone. Much of what I've heard you say is true, but the way it is presented for most would not work. Taking a stick to a donkey, to the conditioned self, makes for a stubborn donkey. And even if you get it to water, it won't drink.

And forcefulness may have the opposite effect from what you're after.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Rikki

IQ - It's called directness. No offense to Eckhart Tolle, but in 30 years, he hasn't liberated ANYONE. Not one. So my record is officially better. No ego involved. I have to keep this direct because i've got so many people to reply to.

Free Bird - What happens when you try to locate a 'self'?

I'm going to start a blog soon, so I can help direct people there and that can answer a lot of questions people may have.

If only I had Bernards watch to stop time.... :P
Old 16-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened
The sign is of no importance, the moon however, is quite beautiful.
Would you care to talk about the nature of the moon from your recognition of that.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Free Bird

Quote:
IQ - It's called directness. No offense to Eckhart Tolle, but in 30 years, he hasn't liberated ANYONE. Not one. So my record is officially better. No ego involved. I have to keep this direct because i've got so many people to reply to.

I'm going to start a blog soon, so I can help direct people there and that can answer a lot of questions people may have.

Haha, the amount of times I have longed for Bernards watch! I'll fight ya for it

Ok, so when I try to locate 'self' I can't find it, I am unsure if this is because I can't find it as there isn't one or I am not looking for the right things?

So, ok, what happens if I accept there is no self. Is enlightenment instant, or do you need to work on it? How do you feel once you accept there is no self? The same? free?
Old 16-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Elijah

Quote:
No offense to Eckhart Tolle, but in 30 years, he hasn't liberated ANYONE. Not one.
How do you know out of the millions of people on earth that a book of Eckhart's didn't stir an awakening?
How do you know that a retreat with Eckhart hasn't stirred an awakening for someone?
You simply cannot have any basis to know, it's just a wild assumption, but it seems this is the RT way.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:55 PM
moke64916

Quote:

Enlightened your statement that Eckhart Tolle has not liberated anyone. His books happened to be my starting point into 'Being' and feeling peace, joy, love, and BLISS for me. I am that someone that you proclaimed as no one. Choose your words wisely my friend. I am not going to respond if you reply to this. No point. It's just a waist of energy. Peace.

"Be open in everything, Attached to nothing." -Mark Twein
Closed Thread