Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-05-2024, 06:02 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
In everyday life we can talk of weeds and such. But if we look at the deeper understanding, there are no weeds imo. Where do the weeds begin and end? 'The weeds' is a fuzzy label, a vague term referring to something as if it was truly defined. That's the problem. Better to get to the root of the question.

Great pun regarding the Root of the question.

We can call a weed a spade and a spade a pear, it really doesn't matter what we call stuff but distinctions are made based upon our experiences of what appears in our lives.

Boys from girls, apples from pears, fire from water.

You see weeds don't transform into a fig tree and Gold doesn't transform into beer, because by design they have unique properties.

Of course we could go to a deeper level and transcend form and properties altogether but that would be similar to a context mismatch likened to an individual saying they are not present solely based upon there can be the transcendence of one.

If you stand in front of an incoming train your physical life experience will end. If you stand in front of a gentle breeze you will be fine.

It's no good in my eyes to then say there is no train or breeze from this level, if we remove the labels from what appears then one will still discern one thing from another due to their experiences of them.

Some non dualists would say that what relates to substance or properties are just appearances of them and they are not actual, but they still won't put their hands into a fire will they or drink poison.

x daz x
Old 27-05-2024, 06:10 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
. We each have our preferences in spirituality as well as in life.

We don't if one believes there isn't really anyone here. This is the point I am making to no avail. Non duality doesn't allow there to be individual preferences.
If moderators really believed this to be true then not allowing non existing persons to debate would be border line bonkers would it not?

If the reality is only just a dream then why would there be forum rules restricting the freedom of dream characters?

You see this is why things need to add up and actually be lived.

If it's all a dream, then where is the problem lol .

x daz x
Old 27-05-2024, 06:20 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
I

God-Like, it seems you assume that 'the weeds' encapsulates a bunch of entities. It is then that the issue of separation has crept in through the door.

It is said that everything vibrates to some degree, be it a stone or a weed or a dolphin. Again, forget about the labels, just go with the flow that what we all are is all that is.

I have an understanding as millions do that there are individual souls that experience life as we know it. The spirit or soul can be the same or different depending on one's understanding, but there is the embodiment of what peeps call the object.

Entities are personified aspects of the individual spirit / soul so they are not in essence the same thing I am alluring to here.

Again, separation doesn't have to creep in the door unless one's mindful definition of what an individual constitutes is in alignment with that.

Can you not entertain being an individual aspect of what you are that is not separate from my own individual aspect of what you are?

Why is there the urge to press the separation alert button?

It makes no sense to me, but I can understand why some conclude that.

x daz x
Old 27-05-2024, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
It is said that everything ...
... come conclude that.
@God-Like post #164

Duality is good and bad spectrum, polarity relarivity vibration, etc.
So if someone doesn't want that, they look for non-duality. And since everything is duality anyway, then why would it be weird to look for something that is non-dual? It seems way more weird from my point of view when someone looks for duality. I would be very interested in that person.
Can you imagine someone who experiences so much non-duality that they are actively looking and searching for 1 dual thing?
That would be pretty golden.
Old 27-05-2024, 09:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
It is said that everything vibrates to some degree....

I have an understanding as millions do that there are individual souls that experience life as we know it. The spirit or soul can be the same or different depending on one's understanding, but there is the embodiment of what peeps call the object.

Can you not entertain being an individual aspect of what you are that is not separate from my own individual aspect of what you are?

Why is there the urge to press the separation alert button?
Vibration is a flow of energy between opposites, and there is some relative truth in seeing the world as vibrating energy. But opposites mean duality. My experience of life and conclusion is that there is not a duality. Vibration cannot stand as a reality for me. Vibration is the play of duality, and that's fine.

Regarding individual souls or spirits, again this does not stand as correct from my experience. People may seem to have individual lives, and souls may seem to have individual paths of development, but this individuality is a play within infinite oneness. Millions may choose to believe in the reality of souls, and that's fine. But there are conflicting views about the soul. My choice was to explore different views and theories and consider my experience of life and spirituality. This led to the conclusion that infinity is reality, and although it allows the experience of individuality, that is not ultimately true. Imo Individuality appears to rise out of the infinite and return to the infinite, whilst the infinite is here all along.

I am not an individual aspect of what I am. I just am. To use an analogy: I am not a branch on the tree, I am the tree.

We could say that individuals are aspects of the One. But that isn't accurate enough. The individual isn't clearly defined. I have searched but I can find no end to myself, so I conclude that individuality is a vague assumption and an error of the mind. Has anyone found where their individuality begins and ends or where its boundaries are defined?
Old 27-05-2024, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
If it's all a dream, then where is the problem lol
People make it seem like the dream and/or illusory mind, body, matter, duality etc etc is the problem. and needs to be transcended or everything is the problem except for the infinite ultimate reality. These people's core foundation is knowing the infinite ultimate reality exists without perception/mind. The #1 problem with all of the above is that the peoples minds, whom believe all of the above will never percieve all that is as being the infinite ultimate reality ( because perception, the senses, all matter or forms are an illusion, dream, not real etc etc!)

Another big problem is that the knowing infinite ultimate reality exists without perception/mind, is knowledge that was learned from gurus/teacherss, that is used by the mind. therefore the mind will never really go beyond itself. These people are trying to go beyond mind by using knowledge that their mind uses. It is like they also create problems of the mind, so they can fix the mind problems.
Old 27-05-2024, 11:03 PM
Master

Quote:
You see this is why things need to add up and actually be lived. If it's all a dream, then where is the problem lol .
x daz x

If it was only a nightmare, where is the problem? People awaken from a nightmare in a cold sweat, sometimes even shaking and fearful even after they awaken. A person can have a dream which may impact them and change their life.

Personally, I do not feel there are any problems, there are just unlearned lessons and stages of awakening. If human life were not a dream then there would be no need to awaken to a greater reality. People are telling people in just about every religion and spiritual practice to awaken to something greater because they feel that person is sleep walking through life.

I have no desire to make a point here, I live and have my being in my own awareness. As humans we all live on the same planet but we do not all live in the same world, or have the same world-view. It is acceptable to me that sometimes things do not add up. In my experience it is all wide open and often even abstract.
Old 28-05-2024, 01:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Vibration is a flow of energy between opposites, and there is some relative truth in seeing the world as vibrating energy.

. To use an analogy: I am not a branch on the tree, I am the tree.

Has anyone found where their individuality begins and ends or where its boundaries are defined?

You don’t look like a tree to me..😉

My understanding is much like yours but hasn’t always been so in my perceived separation in the beginning. Until people break through the confines of their perceived separateness /dual consciousness, from within, more ‘complete’ it’s often difficult to see through the eyes of the whole in the way you’re sharing.

As for vibration in the way you’re describing it does make sense. The flow of opposites (perceived separation) tends to activate positive/negative/higher/lower perception, and consequently people get stuck in sides in this way, but all sides must fall into balance and ‘one’ consciousness when you become aware of yourself in this way.

The deeper you move into your being more complete, the resonance is more about ‘remembering’ ‘reflecting’, outwardly what already is..What is realised open and clear. The boundless self..

If people say, he has a ‘high vibration’ they are perceiving through comparisons within themselves. Where as complete means the essence within all life is complete even as it perceives itself as it thinks.

People meld in sameness and differences all the time, but with-realisation, the whole is at play one with all this.

In my separation, I perceived my spiritual intervention through individual essence, but now I realise my mind narrated and created that story to build the bigger picture over time. The essence of spirit simply (my own wholeness being realised) illuminated what was already and supported me to let go of what wasn’t needed, to open to myself more complete. I was being trained to get out of my own way😉
Old 28-05-2024, 07:26 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
It is acceptable to me that sometimes things do not add up.
When things don't add up that's an opportunity for learning, not aversion. Avoiding the unknown ensures it remains unknown. Demonizing the unknown just creates another demon to haunt us.

If one is disturbed ever time things don't add up that would be the defining aspect of life. As Dirty Harry said "A man's got to know his limitations." LOL!
Old 28-05-2024, 09:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Vibration is a flow of energy between opposites, and there is some relative truth in seeing the world as vibrating energy. But opposites mean duality.
You are not taking into consideration the most important thing though and that is non-duality or the divine or the infinite ultimate reality, which is all there is, has no opposites of itself. How can the singularity that is everything, have opposites of itself? All opposites and duality are constructs of the mind. Hot and cold, left, right, up and down, mind, body, perception, non-perception, mattter, that which is not matter or antimatter are all the singularity that is all things. You do not need to have thoughts that think of them as being opposites, you just think of and experience them, as and for what they (really) are, as something being Hot and cold, left, right, up and down, mind, body, perception, non-perception, mattter, that which is not matter or antimatter.