Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Tabitha

Thanks again, Mind's Eye. Your words are very kind and reassuring.
Old 16-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
Thanks again, Mind's Eye. Your words are very kind and reassuring.

Tabitha; there are scores of true accounts about people who have died and came back. Many of these people were not Christians... and they all saw a beautiful light, light beings, a place that looked like paradise and deceased loved ones.
Old 16-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
How can I comment when I have absolutely no idea what happened? LisaLisa, are you short on intelligence? Mind's Eye is very clear about what he experienced. You're projecting your anger and frustration about your past onto me. Who is projecting her feelings on Mind's Eye? You. How is that fair? You don't even know me. LisaLisa, read all your posts again and you will know exactly what Mind´s Eye is talking about.

I've been attacked by other christians, I've been attacked by new agers, atheists......whatever. People are people. Don´t you even ask yourself why you are being attacked by so many people from so many backgrounds? It should open your eyes which you continue to keep tightly shut so that no light can enter.

What were the "ungodly" ways that these christians were doing that upset you so much? Who knows, maybe I would agree with you, maybe not. But, I can't comment on something that I know nothing about. LisaLisa, you are so selectively blind that you cannot even read what Mind's Eye wrote.

The worst thing Mind's Eye pointed out, something you omitted from what you quoted of his post, is the fact that your type of Christianity quenches "the smoldering wicks." People whose Light might burn brighter if Christians--you in this case--were to speak of and show Gods/Christ's love which encompasses all of creation and not just "righteous Christians."
Old 16-06-2011, 02:10 PM
LisaLisa

Here's what I see, and this is my honest opinion here. Many here hate christians and many here are hypocritical.

Why do I say that? Because you talk all about love, mutual respect, all inclusive and all that...........and yet when you get right down to it, and somebody comes along and challenges those beliefs.....you guys turn into the same thing you talk against. Judgmental and hypocritical, attack mode comes out really fast.

So, it's all good, as long as I believe as you do, and don't challenge your beliefs.

That's the truth. If posting my honest opinion makes me not wanted here, or banned, or whatever.......so be it. The truth is more important to me then anything else. I won't compromise my beliefs, or speaking the truth, for anything or anybody. To me, it's not worth it.

Yes, Jesus was all about love. We are to love everyone, but we aren't supposed to lie at the same time to make others feel good. We are to speak the truth and the truth is in the Bible.

The truth is that not everyone is worshiping the real God. Get your Bible out if you don't believe me. In fact, I don't want you to believe me, I want you to get into the Bible for yourself, search it out and see what it says. Pray to the Lord to reveal His truth to you. Don't listen to any man, woman or person, ask Him, study His word and see what He has to say about something.

If you don't care to do that, well.......I dont know what else to say other then that's your choice. We were given free will to decide who we are going to serve in this lifetime.
Old 16-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Here's what I see, and this is my honest opinion here. Many here hate christians and many here are hypocritical. Sigh. LisaLisa, why should people here hate you? If we feel anything at all, or at least me, is exasperation.

Why do I say that? Because you talk all about love, mutual respect, all inclusive and all that...........and yet when you get right down to it, and somebody comes along and challenges those beliefs.....you guys turn into the same thing you talk against. Judgmental and hypocritical, attack mode comes out really fast. To point out discrepancies, inconsistencies in the Bible, to refer to other books that perhaps should have been included in the Bible etc. you call judgmental and hypocritical? What was pointed out was that to make people fear God (read your posts again, LisaLisa) is in direct contradiction to Jesus' message of love. Shall we just say that perhaps you should also start reading books other than the Bible?

So, it's all good, as long as I believe as you do, and don't challenge your beliefs. No, that is not what people have been saying. All they wanted you to do was look at other viewpoints instead of dismissing them out of hand and for you to leave off the fear-mongering.

That's the truth. If posting my honest opinion makes me not wanted here, or banned, or whatever.......so be it. You are feeling self-pity here. The truth is more important to me then anything else. It is not about your truth but the way you present and formulate it.I won't compromise my beliefs, or speaking the truth, for anything or anybody. To me, it's not worth it.

Yes, Jesus was all about love. We are to love everyone, but we aren't supposed to lie at the same time to make others feel good. We are to speak the truth and the truth is in the Bible.

The truth is that not everyone is worshiping the real God. You are being judgmental here. Get your Bible out if you don't believe me. Your interpretation is not everyone else's interpretation. In fact, I don't want you to believe me, I want you to get into the Bible for yourself, search it out and see what it says. Pray to the Lord to reveal His truth to you. Don't listen to any man, woman or person, ask Him, study His word and see what He has to say about something.

If you don't care to do that, well.......I dont know what else to say other then that's your choice.Exactly, LisaLisa. We were given free will to decide who we are going to serve in this lifetime.
Old 16-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Jules

ok people enough is enough now.

Sometimes we need to agree to disagree so can we please leave it there and get back to the op.

thanks
Jules
SF Moderator
Old 16-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Tabitha

Quote:
Many here hate christians

You seem to be confusing hatred with querying/disagreeing with your views. They're not the same at all. I've read this entire thread several times over, and see no "hate" expressed towards you.

Quote:
The truth is that not everyone is worshiping the real God.

Eh? If there is *one* God, and you worship God, and I worship God, and Joe or Josephine Bloggs worship God, then how can any of us be worshipping "false", "wrong" or "different" Gods? That doesn't make sense. Either it is all the SAME God, or there is more than one "God". You can't have it both ways. You're sounding to me like "My God is more real than your God, which is just silly.
Old 16-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Jules ~ maybe everyone should just say Rest in Peace and let the Dead get some sleep !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
You've either got to accept that God is less than infinite, or that evil doesn't exist. You simply can't have both.
How do you know it is impossible? God is infinite but you are finite. That means that God is capable of doing things that are beyond your ability to comprehend and that seem impossible to you. That is why he can be infinite and still create that which is outside of him.

Quote:
I chose that evil doesn't exist. That's there's no sin.
Then how do you account for the existence of people who are willing to kill innocent people in the pursuit of their goals? How do you account for the existence of people and companies that will do anything that will bring them money regardless of how many innocent people are hurt in the process?

Quote:
The world becomes a beautiful place when you can make that leap out of literallity.
When you leap out of reality, what are you leaping into?
Old 16-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
get back to the op.

Okay.

I don't honestly know if I believe that it's a sin or not. If it is, I hope God will understand and forgive me. These recent few years have been a somewhat confusing time for me. My experiences have thrown a lot of my previous attitudes to these matters a bit upside down.
Closed Thread