Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 14-07-2011, 11:51 PM
oceanslovely

Many years ago, 16 to be exact, I was 23 years old and very care free. I resided with 2 other girls, we shared a home in Surrey, BC. One day my roomate and her boyfriend decided to take a quick trip to the grocery store.

As I was getting in to the car, I heard a very loud voice in my right ear tell me "Put your seat belt on". All though I was never keen on wearing one, I placed my hand on my girlfriends arm and said "wait I have to put on my seat belt". She looked at me and said "Kat you never wear your seat belt?" I replied "I know, but I have to put it on" I did not hesitate to do so.

We were less than 3 minutes from the house when an ambulance was come towards us on the opposite side of the road. We were in the far right lane with another vehicle beside us in the left, just ahead of us a little. Well, the other vehicle decided to pull over for the on coming ambulance, with out checking his blind spot and ran us off the road and into a telephone pole. (The car was totaled, and the ambulance drivers and police said we were all very lucky to be wearing our SEAT BELTS).

I immediatly crawled out of the car, and wobbled down an inbankment and laid there with my eyes closed. I felt my forhead being gently stroked, I opened my eyes to see a beautiful blond haired male beside me( no other way to describe him, simply beautiful, around 30ish). He was telling me I am ok, and not to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and when I reopened them, he was gone. My friend was walking towards me, and I was asking him...where did that guy go? He said "what guy?" I said "that guy that was just beside me, rubbing my head". He said "Kat, there was no one down here with you"

The voice, perhaps God? or my gurdian Angel? Not sure...but from that day forward, I always have my seatbelt on.

I have always thought of the name Christopher, when I thought of him, it just comes to me. I have recently found out the name for the Saint that represents safe travel...it's Christopher.
Old 15-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanslovely
Many years ago, 16 to be exact, I was 23 years old and very care free. I resided with 2 other girls, we shared a home in Surrey, BC. One day my roomate and her boyfriend decided to take a quick trip to the grocery store.

As I was getting in to the car, I heard a very loud voice in my right ear tell me "Put your seat belt on". All though I was never keen on wearing one, I placed my hand on my girlfriends arm and said "wait I have to put on my seat belt". She looked at me and said "Kat you never wear your seat belt?" I replied "I know, but I have to put it on" I did not hesitate to do so.

We were less than 3 minutes from the house when an ambulance was come towards us on the opposite side of the road. We were in the far right lane with another vehicle beside us in the left, just ahead of us a little. Well, the other vehicle decided to pull over for the on coming ambulance, with out checking his blind spot and ran us off the road and into a telephone pole. (The car was totaled, and the ambulance drivers and police said we were all very lucky to be wearing our SEAT BELTS).

I immediatly crawled out of the car, and wobbled down an inbankment and laid there with my eyes closed. I felt my forhead being gently stroked, I opened my eyes to see a beautiful blond haired male beside me( no other way to describe him, simply beautiful, around 30ish). He was telling me I am ok, and not to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and when I reopened them, he was gone. My friend was walking towards me, and I was asking him...where did that guy go? He said "what guy?" I said "that guy that was just beside me, rubbing my head". He said "Kat, there was no one down here with you"

The voice, perhaps God? or my gurdian Angel? Not sure...but from that day forward, I always have my seatbelt on.

I have always thought of the name Christopher, when I thought of him, it just comes to me. I have recently found out the name for the Saint that represents safe travel...it's Christopher.

Hi oceanslovely

Firstly I'm flawed that you found this thread! I haven't resurrected it for a while.

Secondly, that is an amazing story and I'm extremely glad you paid heed to that voice, otherwise you mightn't have been here now telling us all about it. And how insightful of you to put the pieces together and click to Saint Christopher...patron saint of travellers. Beautiful story indeed. Thank you for sharing it.
Old 15-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Guide
Angel1 divine intervention saved my son's life

I was cooking one day about 18 months ago, my sons had a habit of sitting on the counter top next to the stove watching me. I had pots and pans all over the place. My youngest said "I am sitting on the other side, it's sticky there mum." So he moved..after 5 seconds, my 20 year old kitchen wall cabinet above my head, full of cups mugs and glasses tore out of the wall and struck me on the shoulder. He had been sitting directly underneath 5 seconds
earlier. I thanked God he wasn't killed. If that wasn't divine intervention, I don't know what is.
Old 15-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespirit
I was cooking one day about 18 months ago, my sons had a habit of sitting on the counter top next to the stove watching me. I had pots and pans all over the place. My youngest said "I am sitting on the other side, it's sticky there mum." So he moved..after 5 seconds, my 20 year old kitchen wall cabinet above my head, full of cups mugs and glasses tore out of the wall and struck me on the shoulder. He had been sitting directly underneath 5 seconds
earlier. I thanked God he wasn't killed. If that wasn't divine intervention, I don't know what is.

Hi ellespirit
Woooh!! Is there any other way to explain it except for Divine Intervention? Incredible!!
Old 18-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Experiencer
Some years back, I had gone to work on one of my then regular home cases, and was going about the night as usual. I had a panic attack at about 3 am (I am prone to panic attacks) which wasn't severe but lasted about ten minutes. I managed to calm myself down, then returned to what I was doing.
Not too long afterward, the room suddenly got cold, I got chills, and I felt another presence in the room with me. It wasn't a bad feeling at all. Odd, chilly outside, warm inside. It lasted a minute or two, then it passed. It was 3:30 am when this happened.
The shift continued, I finished up, went home, and found a message on the answering machine. It was my mom. She had gone back home to PA for "the watch" with my grandma. She'd been looking bad for some time. Last time I saw her was a few months earlier; I'd pretty much said my goodbyes then. My mom called to tell me that my grandma had passed away, that she would be on her way home after the funeral arrangements and burial had taken place. I asked her if she looked "comfortable;" my mom said that she did. We had just wrapped up the conversation and was getting ready to hang up when I, just out of curiosity asked what time she passed away.
I wasn't prepared for my mom telling me that my grandma passed away at 3:30 am. I have never forgotten that night, or that day.
At some point in the future my mother and I talked about what happened; I normally don't talk with her about these things, as she's a fundamentalist, and I'm not. She said she had the same experience when her last husband passed away and she was in the room with him; she felt his spirit leaving.
Old 18-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Master
wkiehl

We hear these stories often, dont we? I bet the impact it made on you has stayed with you and no one will convince you otherwise.
Old 18-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
wkiehl

We hear these stories often, dont we? I bet the impact it made on you has stayed with you and no one will convince you otherwise.

Since it was all out on the table for me to see, I never not once doubted what happened to me. And it's not one of those things that you can just go up to anybody on the street or at work and say "hey, guess what happened?" People don't understand, or they're skeptical which I have to say is understandable. But I know what happened, I know it was real, I know what I felt, the timing as it all turned out was in no way coincidental. Something happened, and nobody can or will ever convince me otherwise, even to this present day where I'm having a "crisis of faith" I still believe and know that something happened to me that was real that night (well technically early morning). Now let me shut up before I really start becoming redundant.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Trieah

I had to think about this one for a while, cause I don't really have any kind of "close call" type stories. At least none that I can recall. But there is something strange that happened last year that's really got me thinking if the whole reason behind it actually was for some kind of Divine Intervention.

Last year, I wound up getting involved with a lady who helped earthbound trapped souls cross over into the Light. At first, I was incredibly fascinated with her encounters and knew in my heart, that helping trapped souls was the next step in my own development. She had sent me to her website to read some more of her stories. One of which was supposed to be a link to an explanation about "soul rescuing". I followed the link, which took my to a completely different website, and found a beautiful story about how a veteran returned to the place he was stationed at many years ago. He had hoped to meet back up with a woman from there, that he had once been engaged to. Sadly, he discovered that she has past away and did not have a very happy life after they broke off their engagement. The man went on to say, that he visited his ex fiancée's grave, and there was this very heavy, sad presence. All he could do, was think about how much he wished he could have given her the love and life she deserved, so he started talking to her from the bottom of his heart, as if she really was there. And sure enough, by the time he got finished telling her spirit everything he wanted to say, he felt the heaviness disappear and was replaced by a much happier feeling. Later that night, he had a dream of some one telling him how he had helped his ex fiancée's spirit find peace enough to finally cross over into the Light. He was told just how important it is for the living to reach out to those lost souls who just can't find their way back home. They are in such a dark place, that they can no longer hear the words of their spirit guides. But because of how closely tied they are to the Earth plane, they CAN hear us.

Both times I had been to that lady's website to click on her link for "soul rescuing", I had been directed away from her site, to the one containing that story. So when the lady asked me how I liked her explanation of "soul rescuing" I was a bit confused, since it technically wasn't one of her encounters. But I figured she just meant to ask if I liked the story she chose to represent what "soul rescuing" is all about. So I told her that I really liked it.

As time passed, this lady and I had a falling out, because our views and personal experiences are quite different from each other. Since we are both moderators on a paranormal message board, there was a discussion in the admin section about how to get people more involved with helping earthbound trapped souls cross over, since we have so many people coming there looking for help from their scary paranormal experiences. Well, the lady had submitted the report she wrote up from her website, to myself and the admin, for approval.

Only thing was, her report was NOTHING like the beautiful explanation of "soul rescuing" I had twice been directed to, when I tried to locate what she had to say about it. Which only lead to another argument between the two of us. Her report was (typical of her) filled with put downs for anyone who believed in any kind of organized religion, because she believes that all organized religions, with the exception of her Wiccian religion, does nothing but corrupt peoples mind and keeps them trapped with fear instead of being capable of thinking for themselves. Then she went on to instruct people that it is imperative to have to engage in witchcraft, via spell casting, in order to get massive groups of souls to cross over at once. Which by the way, it is NOT imperative to have to cast spells to do mass rescues. I've done it several times and have not had to rely on anything other then my own convictions of what unconditional love means to me. And I dare say that other people who are experience with this, each employ what methods work for them, to get the same desired effect. Spell casting is NOT a requirement.

Looking back, I do believe that this redirection to a more open minded, less intolerant to outside beliefs, view on helping lost souls find their way home, WAS a Divine Intervention, to make sure I did not get too caught up in this lady's beliefs, least it interfere too much with my own path. Which her views did kind of taint my beliefs for a little while. But I'm very glad I stayed true to my own self in the end.
Old 22-07-2011, 09:23 AM
scottaleger

Really , all is very nice story and discussion
Old 22-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Master
Thank you Trieah for your beautiful story
and
thanks scottaleger for acknowledging all these brilliant accounts.