Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 15-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Nothing directed at you Scarlett, I'm just warning you lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Okay thanks, no worries
Old 15-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Actually, we don't need to hold the same premises. People can come to an understanding to politely agree to disagree. But that won't happen here. You'll be accused of one thing or another the moment it's clear you don't agree. You'll be accused of hating religion if you think spiritual is something different than religious. You'll be accused of religious intolerance if you think the spiritual path is the preferred method of enlightenment. Personal opinions and preferences are not allowed. No politely agreeing to disagree here.

And so the ones who call others intolerant are intolerant themselves..

Projection everywhere. I'm no exception.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Well, what is your definition of enlightenment?
Self-realization leading to direct consciousness of higher self and pure spirit, manifested on the physical plane in such ways as manipulation of etheric and astral energy. Adepts such as Jesus reached this stage of enlightenment. After achieving that stage of enlightenment the soul is ready to move on from the physical plane to higher planes of existence, to continue its enlightenment journey.

Is this the self-realized spirituality path of the eternal soul? Yes.
Does the church and Christian religion teach this. No.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Projection everywhere. I'm no exception.
Yes but you can and do admit it. That's the difference.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Self-realization leading to direct consciousness of higher self and pure spirit, manifested on the physical plane in such ways as manipulation of etheric and astral energy. Adepts such as Jesus reached this stage of enlightenment. After achieving that stage of enlightenment the soul is ready to move on from the physical plane to higher planes of existence, to continue its enlightenment journey.

Is this the self-realized spirituality path of the eternal soul? Yes.
Does the church and Christian religion teach this. No.

That's pretty much my definition too.

The church doesn't teach it but this is an interesting thing: My mother's pastor is self-aware. I can sense it when we're talking. He has had the experience of self-realization (or enlightenment) and yet he still believes in the bible, the story of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins, ect. But the way he is and the energy I receive from him indicates self-awareness. So I think it's definitely possible to be religious and experience self-realization, especially if you've already made an effort in previous lives. I don't think self-realization is dependant upon the state of ones religious convictions and so the experience can be interpreted differently by each person who experiences it but I think the journey on from that point requires understanding of what really happened and how progress can be made so that one can be in enlightenment all the time and then move onto the next plan of existence. Obviously this is not going to be accomplished by religion, because religion is attachment to the rules of this world. All that has to eventually be left behind. And so I don't believe there's anything wrong with religion.. I think they're just signs leading one towards the main road.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:08 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Actually, we don't need to hold the same premises. People can come to an understanding to politely agree to disagree. But that won't happen here. You'll be accused of one thing or another the moment it's clear you don't agree. You'll be accused of hating religion if you think spiritual is something different than religious. You'll be accused of religious intolerance if you think the spiritual path is the preferred method of enlightenment. Personal opinions and preferences are not allowed. No politely agreeing to disagree here.

Good morning Baile & ScarlettHayden:

I have to agree that this seems to be the trend. However...I believe there are Members here that believe (as do I) it is often wise to agree to disagree. Although--the dissenters are right-out there in the spotlight--driving home their point...others of us decide to withdraw...maybe unsubscribe from this thread, or that...perhaps place a certain Member on our Ignore List.

My definition of Enlightenment is to Respect & Honor the fact that each of us is on a journey and we must experience that journey--then form our own conclusions. IMHO...even those conclusions are bound to evolve and change as do we.

To my way of thinking--Enlightenment is having the Wisdom to focus on our own journey and trust that others can handle their own.

I believe that those who try to force others to abandon their own beliefs-- adopt theirs--then be content to live in a neatly labeled box...are people who live in paralyzing fear of the unknown. I would (also) like to extend this idea to include those who try to keep others from studying and learning...about (well)...everything.

Enlightenment is understanding that the Common Ground is in the Gray Area--which exists--between the extremes of Black & White. Common Ground lives where our paths inevitably cross--because we are all connected. The Crossroads are a Magical Place--where we have the opportunity to learn from and teach each other.

Peace and Love on everyone's path to experiencing their own journey and drawing their own conclusions...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 15-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
The church doesn't teach it but this is an interesting thing: My mother's pastor is self-aware. I can sense it when we're talking. He has had the experience of self-realization (or enlightenment) and yet he still believes in the bible, the story of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins, ect. But the way he is and the energy I receive from him indicates self-awareness. So I think it's definitely possible to be religious and experience self-realization, especially if you've already made an effort in previous lives. I don't think self-realization is dependant upon the state of ones religious convictions and so the experience can be interpreted differently by each person who experiences it but I think the journey on from that point requires understanding of what really happened and how progress can be made so that one can be in enlightenment all the time and then move onto the next plan of existence. Obviously this is not going to be accomplished by religion, because religion is attachment to the rules of this world. All that has to eventually be left behind. And so I don't believe there's anything wrong with religion.. I think they're just signs leading one towards the main road.
The Bible is a book of wisdom when read from an occult metaphysical POV. It's a self-realization instructional manual. But that's not what mainstream religion teaches, thus my comment about the church and religion not teaching this. It essentially teaches the exact opposite from one very real perspective.

Singing hymns and waiting around for the apocalypse and the return of Jesus Lord God is not the self-realization path. Denial and obfuscation (not you) and pretending both paths are focused on individual enlightenment to the same degree, is pure nonsense and a complete waste of conversational efforts and keyboard tapping.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Obviously this is not going to be accomplished by religion, because religion is attachment to the rules of this world.
Do you think Buddhism is about attachment to the rules of this world?
Old 15-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Singing hymns and waiting around for the apocalypse and the return of Jesus Lord God is not the self-realization path. Denial and obfuscation (not you) and pretending both paths are focused on individual enlightenment to the same degree, is pure nonsense and a complete waste of conversational efforts and keyboard tapping.
I see that you're not very fond of Christianity. Do you think that putting down someone else's religion is part of the self-realization path?
Old 15-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I see that you're not very fond of Christianity. Do you think that putting down someone else's religion is part of the self-realization path?

Perhaps there should also be a distinction between Self-realization path and self-realization path I don't think that Self is bothered by any religion...