Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
My point exactly--you are obsessed with "hate". It can't be dislike--it always has to be hate... You can disagree with or dislike a group, but it doesn't mean that you hate them and I don't know why you can't see this...

I love this perspective.

I (also) believe that it is important to be able to support someone who is having a bad experience--by sharing an experience of your own.

After all...that was the original point of this thread and it seems that we have chased Donni1 away.

I believe that we should be able to share our own experiences--without being accused of hatred and intolerance.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
My point exactly--you are obsessed with "hate". It can't be dislike--it always has to be hate... You can disagree with or dislike a group, but it doesn't mean that you hate them and I don't know why you can't see this...
There is a reason why it's called 'hate speech'. There is a reason why prejudice and racism is called 'hate'. It's very damaging. If you think it's not that bad then either you don't understand what hate speech is, or, more likely, you don't mind using it. Since we conform to society, we don't mind using hate speech against Christian since it's so popular these days. I say think for yourself instead of following the crowd.

Nice job turning it back on me btw lol. The problem is people don't like to call things what they are, they like to gloss over it in our 'civilized' society. I'm not screwing another woman, I'm 'having an affair' What a nice word to use for it.. 'affair'. lol We're always so innocent in this civilized society even when we're wrong.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:06 PM
LadyTerra

What if we are all mistaken?
Old 11-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
What if we are all mistaken?
About what?
Old 11-10-2013, 08:29 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
About what?

About everything.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Master

Sometimes I wonder that myself LadyTerra.

It's not a good place to be, but I do like to live with the air of mystery.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:06 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Sometimes I wonder that myself LadyTerra.

It's not a good place to be, but I do like to live with the air of mystery.

Good morning Belle...and thank you.

IMHO--it is always advisable to begin from a place of humility and remember that we are probably not as smart as we think we are.

Peace and Love on your path throughout this Beautiful Autumn Day...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Master

Don't you find that you unlock one mystery and that creates a gazillion questions !

Sometimes I find it frustrating but when I release the need to know, then I find a freedom and a joy.

Thanks LadyTerra - and peace and love to you.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
About everything.
This is nothing personal btw, it's just an attempt to explore doubts about our assumption of individuality in the West. I realize now it's a sensitive subject.

My apologies. I just assume everyone can talk about difficult or unpopular subjects, but I shouldn't assume. I also tend to push to get to the heart of the matter.

Last edited by Seawolf : 11-10-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:10 PM
CindyLou

I can related to what you are saying, I grew up in heavy Dogma of religion, and over the past couple of years have just felt safe enough to question what I believe. I am reading a book and recently came across this, which just made sense to me..... "All religions are branches of one big tree. It doesn't matter who you call God, just as long as you call" George Harrison