Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Master
Can I pose a ? on your ? please .." how do we know he didnt?"

I respect your thread .. No offense

Regards

:)
Old 23-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Time

Well, other then the bible, theres no historical evidence of some guy named jesus from around the year 33, who raised the dead and walked on water, and was crucified... ( they actualy wrote down everyone who was crucified, jesus isnt o n any of the known papers)

Does this mean he didnt 100% exist? No, but so far, its highly highly unlikley, espoecialy when you realize 80% of christianity was assimilated form pagan cultures, even soem concepts fo jesus
Old 23-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Can I pose a ? on your ? please .." how do we know he didnt?"

I respect your thread .. No offense

Regards

you directing your query to me? i didn't start this thread.

personally, i believe a radical rabbi named Yeshua did exist because most legends have their basis in real life people and events but such stories become exaggerated and aggrandized with the telling.
Old 23-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Time

True dat IQ
Old 23-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Master
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

See yah

Old 23-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
ah, the repentent atheist story. that's nice.

however, the numbers of people who repent their Christianity in favor of atheism, agnostism, spirituality or some form of paganism far outnumber those who convert to Christianity. statistics show a decline of Christianity in both Europe and America but a slight rise in 3rd world countries where education is sparse and superstition still runs rampid.
How many of those who leave Christianity were really Christians in the first place? I have met lots of people who call themselves Christians because they grew up in a family that had some kind of connection with a church but who in fact know little or nothing about the Bible or what Christianity really is.

Sometimes people who go from being merely nominal Christians to being atheists return to Christianity when they find out what it really is. One person who was in this category was C. S. Lewis. He wrote an autobiography called Surprised by Joy in which he described who he lost his early belief in Christianity and became an atheist, but then discovered that there were problems with this belief and eventually converted to true Christianity.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Luke 12. 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.

i wonder to what good purpose it was/is that Jesus deliberately went about sowing strife among already violently contentious humanity.

any thoughts?
Causing strife wasn't his intention. He and his followers merely proclaimed the truth and some believed it and some rejected it. Those who reject the truth about Jesus often persecute those who accept it, and that is the cause of the strife Jesus foretold. To see examples of this, I suggest that you read the book of Acts. Whereever the gospel was preached some believed but often they were then persecuted by those who didn't believe.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:37 PM
moke64916

I think Jesus was here to show others Who They Are. That everyone is capable of What He Was and Is. The Buddha as well. Jesus shifted world consciousness in a new direction, that's for sure. As far as Mary being pregnant with Jesus without another man. I question that part. I think Jesus Remembered Who He Was. Divine stuff happens when you see yourself as equal to God. A partnership relationship. Maricles happen. Same for Moses.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Causing strife wasn't his intention. He and his followers merely proclaimed the truth and some believed it and some rejected it. Those who reject the truth about Jesus often persecute those who accept it, and that is the cause of the strife Jesus foretold. To see examples of this, I suggest that you read the book of Acts. Whereever the gospel was preached some believed but often they were then persecuted by those who didn't believe.

oh please, theo, the Bible has him saying unequivically that he came not to bring peace but division. IT'S RIGHT THERE.

and then as soon as Christianity gained acceptance and then power it went about returning the "favor" to the world by persecuting those who didn't believe in Christianity. and so it goes.

Last edited by Internal Queries : 23-06-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
How many of those who leave Christianity were really Christians in the first place? I have met lots of people who call themselves Christians because they grew up in a family that had some kind of connection with a church but who in fact know little or nothing about the Bible or what Christianity really is.

Sometimes people who go from being merely nominal Christians to being atheists return to Christianity when they find out what it really is. One person who was in this category was C. S. Lewis. He wrote an autobiography called Surprised by Joy in which he described who he lost his early belief in Christianity and became an atheist, but then discovered that there were problems with this belief and eventually converted to true Christianity.

i've always loved the blatant arrogance in the assumption that any ex-Christian never was a "true" Christian. just because you can't imagine having the courage to climb out of the Christian box and have a look around doesn't mean that those who do were somehow less sincere or devoted. in fact, it is they who are devoted to truth who will overcome their hell fears and question the dogma foisted upon them in their malleable innocence.

those who manage to escape their early childhood religious conditioning often do so by actually studying the Bible, which is why ex-Christians are often more knowledgable of the Bible than Christians who rely on their pastors, priests, ministers and other assorted middlemen for their Biblical info.