Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Master
Another important point I like to make is that we human beings are naturally "good" or divine because we are naturally born with consciousness/non-duality/unconditional love inside us, so there is no need for us to think this or that is good/bad-possitive/negative-right/wrong and to think, I love/hate this or that and I like or I do not like this or that, thinking this way covers up our inner divinity/non-duality/consciousness/unconditional love and this covering up, is what causes us to have attachments to things and separates, divides and conquers and creates all the personal fear, suffering, sorrow and etc etc we have. This is how and why the experiencer's thoughts create the experiencer's physical reality/how and why the experiencer perceives/experiences his/her physical reality. The experienced is the experiencer. Instead of being lost in/fully conscious or fully aware of your experiences. Be fully aware/conscious of your experiencer that experiences the experiences you have.
Old 14-12-2019, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Is the ego really the observer? Or does it just seem like the ego is the observer because of the consciousness that is inside us,-do we mistake the/our ego as being the observer/conscious because of the consciousness that is inside of us? That is the million dollar question. The ego is the observer and the observer is the experiencer, the experiencer has consciousness (you could and would not experience anything, if that was not the case) but the experiencer is not aware of this consciousness because the experiencer is only aware of the experience (this experience comes mostly from memory, This memory includes all the knowledge, beliefs, etc etc that the experiencer has accumulated in the past, this memory also creates all mental ego duality this includes everything the experiencer thinks is good/bad-possitive/negative-right/wrong morality and thinks I love/hate this or that and I like or I do not like this or that, thinking this way is what causes us to have attachments to things and separates, divides and conquers and creates all the fear, suffering, sorrow and etc etc this experiencer has) this causes the experiencer to be too busy to be conscious of the consciousness that makes them the experiencer in the first place. I think the observer is not any different than consciousness but it just seems like it is because the observer/experiencer created all the beliefs, fears, incomplete and limited knowledge from everything the experiencer observed and experienced in the past, which caused all the thoughts, confusion, conflict, fear etc etc that person has. You can say the observer/experiencer is consciousness that individualized/separated itself to experience and to enjoy the physical universe it created. We are able to balance our observer/experiencer out with consciousness to make our observer/experiencer one or whole with consciousness

I would say the observed is the ego, as an observer I am very aware of my ego...
Old 14-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Another important point I like to make is that we human beings are naturally "good" or divine because we are naturally born with consciousness/non-duality/unconditional love inside us, so there is no need for us to think this or that is good/bad-possitive/negative-right/wrong and to think, I love/hate this or that and I like or I do not like this or that, thinking this way covers up our inner divinity/non-duality/consciousness/unconditional love and this covering up, is what causes us to have attachments to things and separates, divides and conquers and creates all the personal fear, suffering, sorrow and etc etc we have. This is how and why the experiencer's thoughts create the experiencer's physical reality/how and why the experiencer perceives/experiences his/her physical reality. The experienced is the experiencer. Instead of being lost in/fully conscious or fully aware of your experiences. Be fully aware/conscious of your experiencer that experiences the experiences you have.

In the word we live in as Humans we have to make choices about what is good/bad, negative/positive , likes/dislikes etc : otherwise we wouldn't survive.
Old 14-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I would say the observed is the ego, as an observer I am very aware of my ego...
I agree but, the observer uses consciousness to observe the observed. The observer will not be able to observe anything without consciousness. When you observe something, you are conscious of that something. Consciousness observers/is aware in the right here and now present moment, not the ego, it is the ego that thinks, seperates, labels etc etc everything in the right here and right now present moment.

Last edited by MikeS80 : 14-12-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 14-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree but, the observer uses consciousness to observe the observed. The observer will not be able to observe anything without consciousness. When you observe something, you are conscious of that something. Consciousness observers/is aware in the right here and now present moment, not the ego, it is the ego that thinks, seperates, labels etc etc everything in the right here and right now present moment.

I was referring to your...... ' Is the ego really the observer? Or does it just seem like the ego is the observer '.

' the observer uses consciousness to observe the observed '
There are plenty of conscious People who don't observe the observed
Old 14-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
In the word we live in as Humans we have to make choices about what is good/bad, negative/positive , likes/dislikes etc : otherwise we wouldn't survive.
Why do you believe this? Do you believe this because you believe people/the ego is bad, evil or not perfect etc etc?
Old 14-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
I was referring to your...... ' Is the ego really the observer? Or does it just seem like the ego is the observer '.

' the observer uses consciousness to observe the observed '
There are plenty of conscious People who don't observe the observed

Please give examples of plenty of conscious People who don't observe the observed.
Old 14-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I'll throw a spanner in the works here,lol.I am aware of my own ego,especially at quiet times when I'm not thinking about anything.

As per Ramana Maharshi, "That which is does not even say I AM".

As soon as you wrote, " I am aware of .....", enough was said about your "spanner".
Old 15-12-2019, 08:06 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
As per Ramana Maharshi, "That which is does not even say I AM".

As soon as you wrote, " I am aware of .....", enough was said about your "spanner".

Oh, this topic is too heavy for me,I'm going for a lie down.
Old 15-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Master
To elaborate on what I posted on my post #151. The ego-my I, my me, my thinker, what some people call the observer, my experiencer, which I will simply refer to as my/the ego in this post, is not conscious (aware of it's surroundings/environment) at all. The ego experiences and interacts only mentally/internally (through thoughts, feelings, and emotions, which are nothing more than memory of the past-all the knowledge, beliefs, etc etc that the ego has accumulated in the past, and thinking/having thoughts of this or that is good or bad-possitive or negative-right or wrong, and that thinks I love or hate this or that and I like or I do not like this or that), with the surroundings/environment that only consciousness is aware/conscious of. This means, the ego lives in the past and avoids the eternal right here and right now present moment. All of the above is the ego. All of the above is also the root cause of attachments. What is an attachment? An attachment is when a person likes or loves something so much that, that person can not let go of that thing thus is attached to that thing, an extreme attachment is an obsession. Take someone who is obsessed with money for an example, a person whom is obsessed with money, loves or likes money a lot. What do people call a person who loves money or who thinks money is everyrhing? People call that person greedy, what made that person greedy? That person's love of money, caused that person to be greedy.