Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
We do need stories to help our children understand things but I do think that telling them that Dinosaurs died out because they didn't fit into Noah's Ark is ridiculous.
There were dinosaurs on the ark. We have historical accounts of their existence after the flood. They were called dragons because the word "dinosaur" had not yet been invented.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
There were dinosaurs on the ark. We have historical accounts of their existence after the flood. They were called dragons because the word "dinosaur" had not yet been invented.

It must have been a really big ark
Old 01-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Anyhow I will read your book and from what I have read today, it will be enjoyable.
If it doesn't keep on 'speaking' to you, just 'shelve' (lol) it!
Old 02-08-2018, 04:17 AM
Experiencer

davidsun-I know that you believe in the alternative view-however, I do not share your beliefs and have no interest in starting a conversation about the alternative view.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:19 AM
Experiencer

sky-I attended an elementary chirstian school(k-8th). They did not teach me that fossils were tricks from satan.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
sky-I attended an elementary chirstian school(k-8th). They did not teach me that fossils were tricks from satan.

At least some Schools get it right
Old 02-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
davidsun-I know that you believe in the alternative view-however, I do not share your beliefs and have no interest in starting a conversation about the alternative view.
OK, then. Don't comment in response to what I say - or I'll comment back and the next thing you know we'll be 'into' a conversation such as the one we've just been 'into'.

However, please register and allow for the fact that I am 'into' conversation' as a way of publicly exploring and examining (this is a public discussion forum, right?) on what I think are the pros and cons of various views (plural) pertaining to Jesus and 'Christianity', so anything you say may draw a comment from me, as what you said above did right here right now.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Morpheus referred to the group known as Jehovas Witnesses above, a few words which struck me personally. I grew up with JW, my family was/were very much identified with all that JW stand for. I learned to read by the regular supply of Watchtowers and Awake and the JWBibles which littered the living room. One thing I have never forgotten was the amount of effort they put into 'spreading the word' - even as the bombs were dropping (the11WW) they were out on their business. True followers. I'd just like to say how caring and loving these people were.
My point is the following: I have yet to read, see, or hear anything which I personally could, in any way represent an acceptable truth.
If I want hints to the truth then I have to turn to the world which is outside myself, the one in which I live and the one I also have to trust as not being a place which lies to me.
The world outside tells me that evolution is in progress. Of that there is no doubt. We will one day have all the detailed information we need.
Inside myself I see another story - I'm part of everything which is developing and I get carried along with all the whirls and waves which make up awareness. These whirls and waves exhibit themselves on the surface as the outside world and are effected by my and your thoughts, words and actions. It's that simple.

"Outside"...

So, Busby and sky, again, where have I stated that "evolution" hasn't occurred?
What I've stated is that it has occurred in something that modern science has stated is illusory.
That, if you disregard the illusory issue, (time), then you have, "Creation".

And, I've stated that science tells us that " time " is related with space, and gravity.

I asked, "what is very difficult about this?"
Sky, I stated "yes", cause and effect are realities in the material universe, but, the material universe is a creation. (Matrix).

The Truth is about eternity. The timeless is the actual, and the greater reality, not percieved by many.
Buddha discussed this... about the physical/ material reality always changing.
And, a greater reality and truth, unchanging.

This "physical", this "organic" situation which is "evolved" in illusory "time"... do you think this is who you really are, and exclusively?
Or then, is there other?
I've asked you star, you avoid the question seems, except having said you're the atheist.

So, are you then, "other"... and apart from the situation ensconsed within, "time" in actuality?
Then... sky and Busby, what does that make of "outside", and, the world?

Then, is this what we read also, in the many NDE accounts available today? Or do you reject all of what is reported?

This what I have stated, and asked.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 02-08-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Neanderthals.

When our ancestors first migrated out of Africa around 70,000 years ago, they were not alone. At that time, at least two other species of hominid cousins walked the Eurasian landmass—Neanderthals and Denisovans. As our modern human ancestors migrated through Eurasia, they encountered the Neanderthals and interbred. Because of this, a small amount of Neanderthal DNA was introduced into the modern human gene pool.

Where does Adam and Eve fit into the evidence we have regarding the above which actually happened ?
Old 05-08-2018, 03:37 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Is evolution compatible with Christianity?
I'm only testing something out so disregard me and what I post because its irrelevant.

An evolution of sorts should be compatible with Christianity. We just need to look closer and we will see just how compatible it really is. In the so called Old Testament and the so called New Testament we see people praying with their face to the ground and now its evolved to putting one's hands together. Depending on the Christian even the supposed weekly sabbath has evolved to a different day, although some might say its devolved. There's the verse in Jeremiah 8:8 where the Instructions(Torah) has evolved, again some will say devolved. Even the number of books contained in some of the bibles has evolved/devolved. There's a case where Moses was in the mountain and was told to put his hand to his heart and it evolved/devolved from what ever colour it was to white. He was then instructed to put his hand to his heart again and it evolved/devolved/revolved from white back to whatever colour it was before. Lets not forget that Yeshua and his merry men attended synagogue(Greek) it so happens that his claimed followers have now evolved/devolved to attending a church/cirric/kirk/kurikanos etc. and one more for good measure the Pesach feast has evolved/devoled into Easter.
Just to be clear devolution is evolution in and of itself. I suppose its up to one's view. Okay one more. The word Chadash or any of the variants use to mean RENEW now its evolved/devolved to meaning NEW as in grand spanking new as in Jeremiah 31;31-33.
If for some reason I edit this post you can guarantee its evolved/devolved.