Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-08-2017, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
All your questions are based on ignorance of Buddhism. Asking questions about Buddhism would be appropriate.

No they are based on your ignorance of not wanting to sway from your so called "right view" of Buddhism and the appropriate way in which "YOU" see it has to be shared and discussed. I see that you are choosing to be in detached mode of all others, to stay in "right knowledge" and in the practice of not swaying from that position your taking, in your own time, you will see if you have passed this little test your taking with yourself..How long that takes you, will be interesting to observe from the sidelines..

( )

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-08-2017, 02:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
@Ground...
Instead of constantly calling out ' Fake Dharma ' could we not have a Adult conversation where you point out what you think is fake and explain why you think it's fake then mybe we can get to understand what is what... Going around in circles getting nowhere is pointless...

It's really a demonstration of why 'being right' isn't 'right', as we see speech we know isn't 'right', and we can feel the effects are crass sensation, but the volitions and sensations go together, so that sensation may arise like all sensations do, and soon pass away, and we recognise the futility of our reactions, clingings, aversions and so forth. In that these are futile, we understand there is no point to it, and hence cease to exert such things in the volition - to the degree of our own particular limitations.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Master
It's is better to understand, as the Bod alluded to, what is futile, in ourselves and in the community as well, because we could all be distracted to most inane of arisings, because that's what 'ego' wants, and 'ego' wants to avoid the open space of equanimity, because then it can't perform its compulsions unconsciously.

We do tend to find, the the disruptions attract the attention, and participants become embroiled in a senseless rabble. We see it in the past repeating so we can deduce it is patterned - in our own psyches - and when we get distracted we stop noticing this ego performance and become compelled unconsciously.

It is quite the irresistible force, but that ego thingy is fighting, screaming for its survival - and in the meditation it appeared to me like a ghost, and I knew, this is the one that has to go. It became very agitated and panicky and swerved and ducked trying to find a place to get past my conscious awareness and resume its position as me. Now days it can get the better of me at times, as I have my own particular limitations, but on the whole I know everything it tries to do and it can't get by unnoticed.

Through this experience I learned that the reactivity is its food, its fuel - the psychic energy that keeps the ego going through time, and this is why we need to take care of shared spaces.

If we don't regard this virtual space as an ashram, and ourselves as its sangha (spiritual community), then it has no purpose - it's becomes yet another place that excites the reactivities - a place that is not conducive to meditation - so I suggest, don't feed that image that pretends it is you, and don't let it go by unnoticed.

When our minds are still we might proceed, but if not, we can go no further.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
@Ground...
Instead of constantly calling out ' Fake Dharma ' could we not have a Adult conversation where you point out what you think is fake and explain why you think it's fake then mybe we can get to understand what is what... Going around in circles getting nowhere is pointless...
I have already. The blind can't see the obvious. There is a thread called 'buddhist pratice' in this forum where there is no mention of buddhist pratice at all.
This one is called 'Being right on the 8 fold path' and if I would not have mentioned the 8 aspects nobody would have mentioned. But there is no discussion of the '8 fold path' at all.
All there is are ceaseless fabrications of chatterboxes being immersed in feelings and emotions, cultivating feelings and emotions, identifying with feelings and emotions, welcoming feeling and emotions and calling this 'dhamma' ... in a buddhist forum.
you are a flock of ignorants.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
you are ignorant of the fact that what is called buddhism can only be found in authentic buddhist texts.
are you ignorant in the same way of the fact that when the topic is Australia it is off topic to talk about Amerika? Would you start a thread about Australia and call me ignorant for insisting that the topic is Australia and not Amerika using your expression 'your ignorance of not wanting to sway from your so called "right view"'?
Isn't that embarassing for you?

I am not at all ignorant of "what is called Buddhism can only be being found within Buddhist texts" That is your belief of me. Not mine. You can own that yourself.

In my natural inclusive nature it wouldn't bother me if the topic changed. If it did, would I continue to take a stand over and over and dismiss others to make right and have it all my own way? No I wouldn't. Not where I am in myself now. Once upon a time perhaps I might have when I was trapped in fighting for my own beliefs rather than modelling in such a way that I would be considerate of others in my approach and let the whole sharing become a a more inclusive point of awareness. That doesn't mean what I believe in changes in me. It just means I learn how to model deeper the point I wish to make and address and share, more aware of others.

In your own approach you continue to show that you don't budge from what you know and believe is the true context of Buddhist teachings as "right knowledge" but this isn't the issue. It becomes obvious you use this one "right" to match all aspects of the eight fold path, but I can see it doesn't work like this. I see that if you take one aspect of the eight fold path and do not marry it all together and become this in self, as a model being all this, that one is simply being a model of texts and nothing more.

I also see that where you are holding on and others are trying to stop you holding or try to get you to approach this differently to what you have been showing so far, is showing no signs of change on your part. You have you heels dug in and doing it your way. This is perfectly fine, its your call and your life. But again how is it working for you here?

Your knowledge and your knowledgeable, that is obvious. But, I see that being and becoming all this, is an embodiment as being this and if the self is contained in itself in any shape or form it cannot grow with the "right knowledge" that is Buddhism. How can a mind contained to its "right knowledge" move into becoming all that, the containment immediately blocks itself from going deeper into being all that.

Your presenting yourself as the presenter of all this in ways that isn't touching people, isn't inspiring others to want to connect and want to learn more of the "right knowledge" in an open shared discussion where you don't pounce on people when something doesn't match the correct teachings. If your here and noticing how the shared spaces are within the whole, wouldn't it be logical to notice and at least try to move yourself differently, all the while holding on to the "right knowledge and texts" in yourself aware of what is "right in you"...

As for america and aussie example..

I think my answer covers all bases.

Learning never stops but not always in the way one might believe it has to be learned.

And the order of learning is not something that I contain. I learned that lesson well

My lived experience and conscious self reflective path for the past thirty years, is where I gained the real essence of the teachings without needing to know the teachings themselves. I do the work and I gain the realizations as a more complete picture in me. I arrived to meet myself and Buddhism showed me how I align to this in my own true nature now. I don't need to pour over every single text and make sure that everything is in correct working order. I just keep myself in correct working order.. And when pages and pages of texts continue to be placed on here, without any real open and self reflective honest discussions deeper, where people drop into their being and let it open and explore them in that, what is the point? It becomes a closed door, of what could be an open ended shared discussion, more aware of all things working together. Be the model of the texts not the text keeper..

Quote:
"And this, monks, is the noble truth of the way of practice leading to the cessation of stress: precisely this Noble Eightfold Path —
right view,
right resolve,
right speech,
right action,
right livelihood,
right effort,
right mindfulness,
right concentration.

Cessation of stress, you say. Gosh I see so much more in me through these eight aspects that can cease and end, open and become. But that is just me.

AS for the projection of feeling that you mentioned, I don't feel what you feel. And when people open up how they feel more honestly, it can as one open that closed door of not wanting to drop into their own being and feel that, and let it go to move differently..

In the past when I have opened threads, I love how the thread takes on its own twists and turns and building itself as it needs too. I don't own threads. I don't own knowledge, I don't desire or need too. I move with it all, rather than make things fit for others. So love versus embarrassment..seems far removed from feelings I feel. Do you see?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Suspended
There's a famous saying of Buddha: if I don't go to hell who go to hell? (A Chinese proverb).So just take it as you supreme law and put in your mind forever.

Zen Stories: If I Don't Go to Hell, Who Will? - ShaoLinEN
www.shaolin.org.cn › ... › Weekly Dialog
Mar 13, 2017 - “I'll go to Hell” The master said calmly. ... If Buddhism is reserved only for places of purity, does that mean the Buddha doesn't exist in filthy ...

Welcome and follow, it's not because anyone can follow this idea or teaching, if you've to follow that type of principle. But it's only a metaphor. You should be able to know his real meaning.

Ground, you said, about ignorance. It's about a person at certain time not understand of Buddha teaching but it doesn't mean he's ignorant. Like you insisted of telling others as ignorance then you've obviously become ignorance by yourself. Not only you can pointing to others. It's you're a typical "ignorance or blind" in any case without any or real understanding of the real meaning.

Just for your understanding, bad words is not necessary to hang on by your mouth, it's understood. This is a forum discussion, not to scolding like a small kid or market place.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Master
[quote=Ground]I have already. The blind can't see the obvious. There is a thread called 'buddhist pratice' in this forum where there is no mention of buddhist pratice at all.
This one is called 'Being right on the 8 fold path' and if I would not have mentioned the 8 aspects nobody would have mentioned. But there is no discussion of the '8 fold path' at all.
All there is are ceaseless fabrications of chatterboxes being immersed in feelings and emotions, cultivating feelings and emotions, identifying with feelings and emotions, welcoming feeling and emotions and calling this 'dhamma' ... in a buddhist forum.
you are a flock of ignorants.[/QUOTE

" you are a flock of ignorants "

Mybe contemplating ' Right Speech ' would help you.....
Old 04-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
....Mybe contemplating ' Right Speech ' would help you.....

Could you elaborate on 'right speech'? What is it?
Old 04-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Master
So, we see, what we call 'right' in the 8 path isn't as easy as it seems. I think we've got a point of distraction now that the thread has lost dignity. The language has turned sour. I think the poise we started with was disrupted intentionally, which is fortunate for those whom intended it, but of detriment to everyone else. I now doubt we can regather our senses and continue in a reasonable tone, but I suggest it would be better to realise our distractions now, and return to mindfulness as best we might be able.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I am not at all ignorant of "what is called Buddhism can only be being found within Buddhist texts" That is your belief of me. Not mine. You can own that yourself.

In my natural inclusive nature it wouldn't bother me if the topic changed. If it did, would I continue to take a stand over and over and dismiss others to make right and have it all my own way? No I wouldn't. Not where I am in myself now. Once upon a time perhaps I might have when I was trapped in fighting for my own beliefs rather than modelling in such a way that I would be considerate of others in my approach and let the whole sharing become a a more inclusive point of awareness. That doesn't mean what I believe in changes in me. It just means I learn how to model deeper the point I wish to make and address and share, more aware of others.

In your own approach you continue to show that you don't budge from what you know and believe is the true context of Buddhist teachings as "right knowledge" but this isn't the issue. It becomes obvious you use this one "right" to match all aspects of the eight fold path, but I can see it doesn't work like this. I see that if you take one aspect of the eight fold path and do not marry it all together and become this in self, as a model being all this, that one is simply being a model of texts and nothing more.

I also see that where you are holding on and others are trying to stop you holding or try to get you to approach this differently to what you have been showing so far, is showing no signs of change on your part. You have you heels dug in and doing it your way. This is perfectly fine, its your call and your life. But again how is it working for you here?

Your knowledge and your knowledgeable, that is obvious. But, I see that being and becoming all this, is an embodiment as being this and if the self is contained in itself in any shape or form it cannot grow with the "right knowledge" that is Buddhism. How can a mind contained to its "right knowledge" move into becoming all that, the containment immediately blocks itself from going deeper into being all that.

Your presenting yourself as the presenter of all this in ways that isn't touching people, isn't inspiring others to want to connect and want to learn more of the "right knowledge" in an open shared discussion where you don't pounce on people when something doesn't match the correct teachings. If your here and noticing how the shared spaces are within the whole, wouldn't it be logical to notice and at least try to move yourself differently, all the while holding on to the "right knowledge and texts" in yourself aware of what is "right in you"...

As for america and aussie example..

I think my answer covers all bases.

Learning never stops but not always in the way one might believe it has to be learned.

And the order of learning is not something that I contain. I learned that lesson well

My lived experience and conscious self reflective path for the past thirty years, is where I gained the real essence of the teachings without needing to know the teachings themselves. I do the work and I gain the realizations as a more complete picture in me. I arrived to meet myself and Buddhism showed me how I align to this in my own true nature now. I don't need to pour over every single text and make sure that everything is in correct working order. I just keep myself in correct working order.. And when pages and pages of texts continue to be placed on here, without any real open and self reflective honest discussions deeper, where people drop into their being and let it open and explore them in that, what is the point? It becomes a closed door, of what could be an open ended shared discussion, more aware of all things working together. Be the model of the texts not the text keeper..

Cessation of stress, you say. Gosh I see so much more in me through these eight aspects that can cease and end, open and become. But that is just me.

AS for the projection of feeling that you mentioned, I don't feel what you feel. And when people open up how they feel more honestly, it can as one open that closed door of not wanting to drop into their own being and feel that, and let it go to move differently..

In the past when I have opened threads, I love how the thread takes on its own twists and turns and building itself as it needs too. I don't own threads. I don't own knowledge, I don't desire or need too. I move with it all, rather than make things fit for others. So love versus embarrassment..seems far removed from feelings I feel. Do you see?

Well said. Your description of self reflective path makes sense (to me at least), and indeed, all the meditations I have done in the formal setting are 'know thyself' oriented.

You make a great picture of a forum thread having its own twisty turny ways, and I'm the same because people have their own ways (usually pretty twisted) and this is a good place to be the way you are. But, the threads I start are 'my threads', and I care that people are insulted and accused... and although I understand we can get a bee in our bonnet at times, but at some point I have to draw the line as to what is not acceptable.

I also care about the Buddhist section of the forum because Buddhist practice has been one of the best experiences in my life, and as the Bod pointed out earlier, in any ashram there's a 'right speech' 'right action' and so on that has to be well understood. It's not that I need to read a lot of text to know these things because I lived at the ashram where one has to live it or get out. I think other people can tell my speech is measured, kind and affectionate, my acts are harmless and my intents are free of ill-will. All this speaks of 'right' - which you spoke of earlier on as 'right feeling'...

I have had problems in the past with the 'experts' who assert and insult, and even though I didn't throw insults and assertions back at them (I don't do that), I did become involved in their game. Tt ended up me in trouble with mods. So I changed to a different tact, which is easier and doesn't make me look bad - actually, it makes me look pretty badass.