Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeliar791
You are forgetting the conditions of the environment. We are not just defined by how we see ourselves, but also by how we are seen by others. It is about what happens to me, and how I react to it based on what happened to me.

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. I know what it means to be defined by others, and I have lived a life struggling with it.
Yet, even here, you have he "last word"!
It's very hard to confront this, and I have reacted with great anger against all such ideas. But this anger is a warning sign.

It boils down to: Does part of my identity belong to other people? Even after they have died? I have asked myself these questions. This "definition" made from some entity outside myself, is an illusion. I create it myself, by blaming, and this creates a mental structure in my own field, making me controllable.

This is perfectly on-topic. Materialistic science as well as religion, have implanted in all of us the idea that there is an entity outside ourselves, more powerful than us. This makes fear-based hierarchies possible.
That entity could be an outer God, or it could be the objective reality. But they are all illusions.

The conflict between science and religion have two extremes that seem to be opposites, but they are really not, It's just about which authority you obey, and since we do not question authorities, it really does not matter which of them we choose.
Old 20-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. I know what it means to be defined by others, and I have lived a life struggling with it.
Yet, even here, you have he "last word"!
It's very hard to confront this, and I have reacted with great anger against all such ideas. But this anger is a warning sign.

It boils down to: Does part of my identity belong to other people? Even after they have died? I have asked myself these questions. This "definition" made from some entity outside myself, is an illusion. I create it myself, by blaming, and this creates a mental structure in my own field, making me controllable.

This is perfectly on-topic. Materialistic science as well as religion, have implanted in all of us the idea that there is an entity outside ourselves, more powerful than us. This makes fear-based hierarchies possible.
That entity could be an outer God, or it could be the objective reality. But they are all illusions.

As if I could know the difference with all this chaos and confusion. In the end, I am stuck in abysmal circumstances without much of a clue as to what I should do most of the time. My life is completely dysfunctional.
Old 20-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
As if I could know the difference with all this chaos and confusion. In the end, I am stuck in abysmal circumstances without much of a clue as to what I should do most of the time. My life is completely dysfunctional.

Do not even TRY to know this difference either! You create more dysfunction.

You have to turn the flow. Look at yourself.
There are many teachers. None of them are perfect. None of them can take you the whole way. Adyashanti is great, Tolle is great... they can point at things you have to see. But none of them takes you the whole way. You have your own unique course.
Old 20-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Do not even TRY to know this difference either! You create more dysfunction.

You have to turn the flow. Look at yourself.
There are many teachers. None of them are perfect. None of them can take you the whole way. Adyashanti is great, Tolle is great... they can point at things you have to see. But none of them takes you the whole way. You have your own unique course.

It seems like a dead end to me.
Old 20-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
It seems like a dead end to me.

I don't really believe you. After all you are here! In Spiritual Forums. There are people who really see it as a dead end - and want others to do the same. They won't even bother about sites like this, except that they probably want to see them closed down...
Old 20-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
I don't really believe you. After all you are here! In Spiritual Forums. There are people who really see it as a dead end - and want others to do the same. They won't even bother about sites like this, except that they probably want to see them closed down...

Yeah... I am pretty much a societal dropout. Not only was I treated like some kind of disease by most people, but then they kept pressuring me towards materialistic pursuits. They wouldn't even explain the meaning to me behind this. Its like they have this notion that money is god imprinted inside of them, and yet they do not seem to understand what money is for. I now find myself stuck in isolation living off a paycheck while my mom provides for the necessities in some dead beat town. The rental rates are cheap, but the quality of the people is rather poor. It seems that families cant seem to stay together in this damnable nation. Of course I was pretty much treated like some kind of commodity growing up. Nobody would assist in getting basics set right. As a result I have suffered a great deal of confusion my entire life.
Old 20-02-2011, 12:52 PM
LaMont Cranston

Zeliar, Although we have rather limited information about you, it is highly unlikely that your life is "completely dysfunctional." What does seem to be true is that you are carrying a lot of very negative energy with you about those things, real or imaginary, that people have done to you. Living with those kind of attitudes about yourself and others does have a way of dragging you down, but you are not a victim of your life.

There is nothing unique about your situation, and all of the problems that you make reference to are fixable. It appears that you are pretty much addicted to your own negativity, and people who wallow in their own unhappiness tend to self-fulfill even more miseries for themselves.
Old 20-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
Zeliar, Although we have rather limited information about you, it is highly unlikely that your life is "completely dysfunctional." What does seem to be true is that you are carrying a lot of very negative energy with you about those things, real or imaginary, that people have done to you. Living with those kind of attitudes about yourself and others does have a way of dragging you down, but you are not a victim of your life.

There is nothing unique about your situation, and all of the problems that you make reference to are fixable. It appears that you are pretty much addicted to your own negativity, and people who wallow in their own unhappiness tend to self-fulfill even more miseries for themselves.

I wasn't expecting anyone to care. I see nothing wrong with expressing my frustrations.
Old 20-02-2011, 01:51 PM
LaMont Cranston

Zeliar, Nobody has said that you are wrong to express your frustrations, and you seem to express them a lot. Many of us who are members of this forum are genuinely interested in communicating with and lending a helping hand to at least some of our fellow human beings. Let's also recognize that this is a relatively anonymous, free and open forum where people from all over the planet can and do share experiences, opinions, viewpoints, beliefs, etc.

Yes, you "see" nothing wrong with expressing your frustrations. However, you are somewhat limited by what you are willing to "see," and, from what I can tell, there are some options that you absolutely refuse to see. About all that expressing frustrations gets you is a frustrated life, and it appears that's exactly where you are right now.

If you wish to go through life living a frustrated, unhappy life, you will probably succeed at that unhappy goal, but some of us are going to continue to point out that you are not relegated to victimhood.

Take care!
Old 20-02-2011, 01:54 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
I wasn't expecting anyone to care. I see nothing wrong with expressing my frustrations.

If I may step in, there is a difference between expressing your frustrations and allowing them to define you. Not saying you've done one or the other, but it does seem like you've "let the b@stards grind you down", so to speak. As others have said, you may not be able to control the circumstances of your life, but you can control how you respond, both internally and externally. I wise man once said "argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours". The more you think yourself limited, the more limited you become.

Oh, and we do care.

CS