Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:09 AM
LaMont Cranston

What is truth?

Phroggy, What you are attempting to talk about is Truth...your supposed version of it. So far, in all our discussions, I have not seen that you have anything that could be considered to be a clear fix on truth or Truth.

One of the things that go with finding truth or Truth is the opportunities to better one's life, and, ultimately, all truth is personal...so is all untruth.

The idea that "it's better to love than hate" is one of the truths I am referring to, and I will continue to do that. So, have you realized that measure of Truth where you do not have to live with equal measures, or are you beyond that? Or, is that just more of your wishful thinking about the way you'd like things to be?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:55 AM
LaMont Cranston

Get Well Platitudes...

Phroggy, From what I've seen, part of your versions of the truth (or the Truth) is to come out with platitudes like "It's the nature of dualistic experience." No, Phroggy, it's the nature of life. That's some of my truth.

The Shadow knows...
Old 07-10-2010, 08:34 AM
God-Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
Suffering is created in the mind and so it is determined subjectively. There isn't a suffering that an individual is not aware of. However, the nature of dualistic experience is such that joy cannot be known without sorrow, etc, so when an individual claims he does not suffer, either he experiences no love, joy or peace in his life, which for the individual IS suffering, or he's saying he has accomplished the impossible and has created a one-ended stick.

Hi Phrog,

Yes I agree all suffering Is experienced via the mind.

I would say though that an Individual that Is In the atmosphere of the ordinary / lower mind will be experiencing the Physical, Mental, and Emotional sufferings, the illnesses the stresses, the heartbreaks etc,

In this mind set they will be unaware of the sufferings that Is known / experienced courtesy of the higher mind.

An Individual that has tasted the higher mind (and who remains If possible In this state) will no longer be attached to the sufferings of the Physical / Material.

An Individual that has experienced realization, that has experienced enlightenment will be aware of another type of suffering that relates “only to the illusionary separation from what we are” and only that. I would say enlightenment and realization are blissful states, but they are not happy pills.

Only when the illusion of separation Is no more will the suffering cease to be.

An Individual that Is drenched In the experience of lets say starvation, divorce, and illness will not be consciously aware that there Is an underlining suffering existing of this illusion.

Perhaps an undercurrent of this suffering Is always present, but not always Identified, and attainable, perhaps like an Itch you cannot scratch..(lol)

Only when you have weakened the weaknesses attached to the material, will an Individual transcend the ordinary mind and know of the suffering attributed to the illusion.

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 07-10-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
To be clear, the potential is there to realize Truth, it's just that it' not a seeker or the seeking that finds it. Truth reveals the seeking and the seeker as a delusion that hides Truth, and so the seeking is destined to simply end.

As such, all the techniques, practices and arts are ultimately distractions.

I think most meditation is imaginary stuff that imposes what people prefer as opposed to just seeing what is.

It's best to practice in a way that mimics what our nature really is doing so that thoughts feelings and the world are silently observed. Special breathing, imagining lights, chanting etc isn't much chop but practicing and seeing more deeply in should root out false beliefs quite quickly.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Master
Every belief is false.

Meditation of any kind is still a seach for something other or more than what is. Its just another game.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings...

Quote:
Every belief is false.
Not so much, really..

Quote:
Meditation of any kind is still a seach for something other or more than what is. Its just another game.
No, Andrew.. you simply haven't been introduced to authentic meditation.. authentic meditation has only one intention, to still the mind and achieve clarity.. no amount of 'technique' will get anyone there, no visualizations, no affirmations, no breath counting, or candle staring, no mandala or mantra or chanting will bring you the peace and clarity of a stilled mind.. those other techniques are valid for particular goals, and are closely associated with hypnosis, but.. as long as the mind is engaged in any technique it is not 'still', nor clear..

Be well..
Old 07-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Stormweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
.. authentic meditation has only one intention, to still the mind and achieve clarity.. no amount of 'technique' will get anyone there, no visualizations, no affirmations, no breath counting, or candle staring, no mandala or mantra or chanting will bring you the peace and clarity of a stilled mind.. those other techniques are valid for particular goals, and are closely associated with hypnosis, but.. as long as the mind is engaged in any technique it is not 'still', nor clear..

Thanx TzuJanLi

You have shown me which type to choose without showing me.

Namaste _/\_
Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Every belief is false.

The thing is... you don't really know what you are talking about, but I guess you could read tzu's post.

Better to understand something easy... there's no such thing as Truth.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings...

Not so much, really..

No, Andrew.. you simply haven't been introduced to authentic meditation.. authentic meditation has only one intention, to still the mind and achieve clarity.. no amount of 'technique' will get anyone there, no visualizations, no affirmations, no breath counting, or candle staring, no mandala or mantra or chanting will bring you the peace and clarity of a stilled mind.. those other techniques are valid for particular goals, and are closely associated with hypnosis, but.. as long as the mind is engaged in any technique it is not 'still', nor clear..

Be well..

Any kind of meditation we practice, including stilling the mind, is just another game we play when we are frightened of allowing life to be as it is.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The thing is... you don't really know what you are talking about, but I guess you could read tzu's post.

Better to understand something easy... there's no such thing as Truth.

I havent said there is such a thing as Truth.

By all means carry on playing the meditation game, its as good a game to play as any while we want to play games.
Closed Thread