Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 27-10-2011, 03:40 AM
mahakali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEglHjd_gUQ
This is a very cool vid about schizophrenia that makes me think
Old 27-10-2011, 01:47 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEglHjd_gUQ
This is a very cool vid about schizophrenia that makes me think

excellent. i'm paused a bit way through as this comes to mind:

considering "hollywood" movies and such ... creative ideas that are NON-reality, but later become "symbols" and have meanings...

kermit the frog
miss piggy

mickey mouse
donald duck
("loony tunes")

the monsters of pan's labyrinth

or the fantasy characters of The NeverEnding Story

of course, all of these non-reality "beings" originally exist in one's mind, waiting to be "externalized" and "brought to life".

seems only some certain people have enough "hold" on grounded reality, to be stable and balanced enough to translate and transfer that which is in the mind. the ones who are overwhelmed by the inner world, seem to be "trapped" in it ... unable to express, articulate and / or create. those such people tend to be horrifically *abused*.

dumb is typically an abusive word. take a look at it's sober definition and one sees that it means, "inability to express". for whatever reason (possibly, a lack of support - which requires patience, tolerance and time) - some people cannot express the contents of their mind, coherently & productively.

i also believe it's human fallacy to think / believe that we are only ever meant to have "visions of sugar-plums" dancing in our heads - or, nothing at all - ever.

and it seems to me that people who have imagery (for example, jani is "seeing things" and it's thought that "seeing things" is bad, wrong or some sort of "disease") are too quickly "diagnosed" and diagnose is actually, a NEGATIVE.

the opposite of negative, "diagnosis"
is the more positive, "identify"

just wanted to get that out. going to watch the rest of the video now.
Old 27-10-2011, 02:29 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana Rose
i guess balance is a little known concept...
i have my truth and you have your truth 1being...
i don't see the point in bickering over who's right and who's not, soooooo you win i guess :)

i don't feel like i'm "bickering". that isn't where i'm coming from. too often, people "interpret" what THEY think is my "emotional state" or something. i wish they wouldn't presume. furthermore, i'm not "aiming" to "win" at anything. ???

i understand balance pretty well. still, i just cannot support that outright violence & abuse are "good" for me somehow. i see that as something people are "taught" to believe in and it makes no sense to me. the, "it's all good" and "all is love" simply do not register with me. at all.
Old 27-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Master
this is a beautiful but savage planet. "adapt or go crazy" seems to be the reality for some of us.
Old 27-10-2011, 04:30 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
this is a beautiful but savage planet. "adapt or go crazy" seems to be the reality for some of us.

when people "go mad", isn't it because sometimes - they're "driven" to that extreme and it doesn't always mean there's "something wrong" with that person?

there's only so much a person can take. actually, i figured something out:

"they" say ... "god never gives you more than you can handle" or something like that. and my reply is ... maybe god doesn't, but PEOPLE sure give each other way too much ****. and people DO break. that's just Fact. it's not "god" giving us too much. it's PEOPLE who do that. i'll example:

community environment. phone rang. call was for "justin". someone called to him, he didn't hear. then, *everybody* started calling his name ... "justin, justin - phone - justin! justin!"

he collapsed on the floor, held onto his head - and collapsed onto the floor.
Old 27-10-2011, 05:46 PM
SerpentQueen

A shrink once told me the difference between schizophrenia and bipolar is:

- Schizophrenics hears voices that are not their own (for example, a male might hear a female voice) and the voices tell them negative things (like they are a bad person, or they should hurt themselves or others)

- Bipolars hear their OWN voice, carrying on multiple conversations at once, within the mind, and the voice often says lovely things (such as I am God... i.e., delusions of grandeur). Then again, while in a depressed state the self-talk can be negative (I am worthless).

I wore the bipolar diagnosis/label for several years, and was later cleared of any diagnosis (shrink settled on "identity crisis" as my final dx... lol!). I can say that the bipolar journey is what made me realize I am not my mind, that the mind is something entirely & "other." That was the beginning of my awakening.

That said, I want to say that medications for either disorder are not evil, and should not be avoided. You do not need to suffer. Work with your doctor to find the right combo with least side effects, while also finding a decent cognitive behavioral therapist and healer if you are into that.

I tend to think the meds are effective simply because they help one sleep more soundly (which is necessary to heal the brain and help it make new connections) and also because they tend to make you crave carb-rich foods, which the brain needs (70% of all carbs consumed are used by the brain each day). These are valid effects and worthwhile reasons to take the meds, at least long enough until therapies (mainstream and alternative) can make a difference.

As for the telepathy, I'm with IQ on that one. When in manic state it wasn't telepathy per se but more like I was highly empathic and picked up on people's emotions. When I'd express what I was picking up, I'd be validated. My shrink said that mania happens to increase one's ability to read facial and body cues (it also makes pattern recognition go into overdrive).

More recently I have been experiencing telepathy but only with one certain person and this has been validated between us. If we are deluded it's a *shared* delusion.
Old 27-10-2011, 06:47 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
A shrink once told me the difference between schizophrenia and bipolar is:

- Schizophrenics hears voices that are not their own (for example, a male might hear a female voice) and the voices tell them negative things (like they are a bad person, or they should hurt themselves or others)

- Bipolars hear their OWN voice, carrying on multiple conversations at once, within the mind, and the voice often says lovely things (such as I am God... i.e., delusions of grandeur). Then again, while in a depressed state the self-talk can be negative (I am worthless).

I wore the bipolar diagnosis/label for several years, and was later cleared of any diagnosis (shrink settled on "identity crisis" as my final dx... lol!). I can say that the bipolar journey is what made me realize I am not my mind, that the mind is something entirely & "other." That was the beginning of my awakening.

That said, I want to say that medications for either disorder are not evil, and should not be avoided. You do not need to suffer. Work with your doctor to find the right combo with least side effects, while also finding a decent cognitive behavioral therapist and healer if you are into that.

I tend to think the meds are effective simply because they help one sleep more soundly (which is necessary to heal the brain and help it make new connections) and also because they tend to make you crave carb-rich foods, which the brain needs (70% of all carbs consumed are used by the brain each day). These are valid effects and worthwhile reasons to take the meds, at least long enough until therapies (mainstream and alternative) can make a difference.

As for the telepathy, I'm with IQ on that one. When in manic state it wasn't telepathy per se but more like I was highly empathic and picked up on people's emotions. When I'd express what I was picking up, I'd be validated. My shrink said that mania happens to increase one's ability to read facial and body cues (it also makes pattern recognition go into overdrive).

More recently I have been experiencing telepathy but only with one certain person and this has been validated between us. If we are deluded it's a *shared* delusion.

what is a connection to Higher Self?

is that bi-polar or mentally ill? if you think about it, that state of being typically isn't sustained by most people, meaning - plenty of people cannot live in that state (Higher Self) perpetually - unceasingly. so, are they disordered only when they connect or always disordered when they're NOT connected?

is Higher Self a lie, a fabrication or manufacture of a "mentally ill" person?

is living in the state-of-being (Higher Self) a totally mentally deranged grandeur of ego and well-being?

if a Higher Self "being" (person) walked into a psychiatrick "professional's" office by request ... how much do you want to bet that person would be immediately imprisoned (committed) and thoroughly "diagnosed"?

if Higher Self is deemed to be "treatable" as a "condition" ... what then would be the incentive for people to want to achieve this state-of-being?

psychiatrick industry needs dismantling. lots of people are brainwashed by the industry itself. plenty of people see psych-drugs (aka "meds") as chemical warfare.

http://www.cchr.org/quick-facts/introduction.html

if psychiatrick industry got their hands on "Higher Self" ... they'd destroy it.
Old 27-10-2011, 07:49 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1being
what is a connection to Higher Self?

is that bi-polar or mentally ill? if you think about it, that state of being typically isn't sustained by most people, meaning - plenty of people cannot live in that state (Higher Self) perpetually - unceasingly. so, are they disordered only when they connect or always disordered when they're NOT connected?

is Higher Self a lie, a fabrication or manufacture of a "mentally ill" person?

is living in the state-of-being (Higher Self) a totally mentally deranged grandeur of ego and well-being?

if a Higher Self "being" (person) walked into a psychiatrick "professional's" office by request ... how much do you want to bet that person would be immediately imprisoned (committed) and thoroughly "diagnosed"?

if Higher Self is deemed to be "treatable" as a "condition" ... what then would be the incentive for people to want to achieve this state-of-being?

psychiatrick industry needs dismantling. lots of people are brainwashed by the industry itself. plenty of people see psych-drugs (aka "meds") as chemical warfare.

http://www.cchr.org/quick-facts/introduction.html

if psychiatrick industry got their hands on "Higher Self" ... they'd destroy it.

I did not say anything about higher self in my post, but I gather you are simply using my post as a springboard for your own ideas, which is fine.

In all things, balance: not all psychiatry is "bad" or "evil." I was very fortunate to have an excellent shrink who knew what he was doing, and medication was but one tool in an entire arsenal of tools he employed. He did not position medication as the only and sole cure, nor as anything I was doomed to have to take the rest of my life, but rather, a tool to get me into a stable enough state in which the other tools (cognitive behavioral therapy, for example) could be productive.

What's more, the field is rapidly changing. More and more, psychiatrists are taking the stance that medication is only a tool and one can go on and off as needed, and that cognitive behavioral and other therapies are what is required for continued mental health. This is a good thing, a very good thing.

CBT is really no different than, say, EFT (I think that's what it's called? It's continually recommended in many of the threads here). CBT is pretty much a spiritual practice (i.e., the practice of "awareness") wrapped up in conventional terms. But all the CBT in the world would not have helped without the medication first, to get me to a point where I could actually sleep, and eat, and regain my physical health, which was affecting my brain.

I have seen so many amazing turnarounds with people with mental illness, I will continue to interject anytime anyone suggests psychiatry is "evil." Those that have had amazing turnarounds aren't mindless drones either. They have regained their mental health while becoming *more* spiritual, not less.

Mental illness can make you see beyond the veil... but you're no good if you are suffering, sleepless, racked by fear and paranoia, etc. Better to get help, get stable, and then take what you learned from that peak beyond the veil to explore your spirituality farther. Not to mention to extend compassion and to make a difference in this world -- because when you boil it all down, the mentally ill are only expressing symptoms of the illness and insanity of society as a whole. (They call that the "target" patient in family dynamics... )
Old 27-10-2011, 07:54 PM
1being

Quote:
I did not say anything about higher self in my post, but I gather you are simply using my post as a springboard for your own ideas, which is fine.

In all things, balance: not all psychiatry is "bad" or "evil." I was very fortunate to have an excellent shrink who knew what he was doing, and medication was but one tool in an entire arsenal of tools he employed. He did not position medication as the only and sole cure, nor as anything I was doomed to have to take the rest of my life, but rather, a tool to get me into a stable enough state in which the other tools (cognitive behavioral therapy, for example) could be productive.

What's more, the field is rapidly changing. More and more, psychiatrists are taking the stance that medication is only a tool and one can go on and off as needed, and that cognitive behavioral and other therapies are what is required for continued mental health. This is a good thing, a very good thing.

CBT is really no different than, say, EFT (I think that's what it's called? It's continually recommended in many of the threads here). CBT is pretty much a spiritual practice (i.e., the practice of "awareness") wrapped up in conventional terms. But all the CBT in the world would not have helped without the medication first, to get me to a point where I could actually sleep, and eat, and regain my physical health, which was affecting my brain.

I have seen so many amazing turnarounds with people with mental illness, I will continue to interject anytime anyone suggests psychiatry is "evil." Those that have had amazing turnarounds aren't mindless drones either. They have regained their mental health while becoming *more* spiritual, not less.

Mental illness can make you see beyond the veil... but you're no good if you are suffering, sleepless, racked by fear and paranoia, etc. Better to get help, get stable, and then take what you learned from that peak beyond the veil to explore your spirituality farther. Not to mention to extend compassion and to make a difference in this world -- because when you boil it all down, the mentally ill are only expressing symptoms of the illness and insanity of society as a whole. (They call that the "target" patient in family dynamics... )

if you look again, you'll see that i compared bi-polar to Higher Self, questioning Higher Self as an aspect of bi-polar.

when Higher Self "communicates" ... well, what does that interaction between self / Higher Self look like?
Old 27-10-2011, 07:55 PM
1being

Quote:

just curious, and of course - no need to reveal yourself if you'd prefer not to ... but how large had you grown, that you needed to be reduced in size?

your experience of psychiatrick industry (in the various branches you indicated) is much different than plenty of other people. the fact that your experience is "good" and / or productive doesn't invalidate the bad experience of others. there is a rather *large* movement to change that entire system, and there are many reasons for that.