Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
From what I can tell, it hits a blockage in my solar plexus chakra, which sometimes makes me feel sweaty and nauseous. It's quite uncomfortable.

The solar plexus chakra gives me a hard time too - mostly because I'm out of shape physically and also because I'm pretty much in my head all the time.

Because it's a physical chakra (all three lower ones are physical) it responds to physical exercise too. It's the martial artists who have really mastered the power of using the navel chakra prana to supercharge their body's physical vitality. The qigong masters are able to knock down opponents just using their prana(!) and also use this to heal the body. The best exercise is not only from a physical level but also combining "pranatization". At his retreats Sri Vasudeva combines yoga, tai chi, qigong and other methods to work on body and spiritual growth simultaneously...kind of a hybrid.

You know when a pregnant woman has that "glow" - a lot of it is coming from the navel prana.

Also an athlete will radiate that energy of vitality (a lot of actors have this too) that you can just feel their energy beaming out of them.

But it's amazing that even through mental activities when they are really uplifting I feel recharged in my navel chakra too - that's why going to Satsang late at night isn't always a great idea because then I feel like running around the block rather than going to bed lol.

If your Kundalini is awakened and you're working on yourself consciously you will find a way I'm sure of it. And I will too!
Old 18-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The solar plexus chakra gives me a hard time too - mostly because I'm out of shape physically and also because I'm pretty much in my head all the time.

Because it's a physical chakra (all three lower ones are physical) it responds to physical exercise too. It's the martial artists who have really mastered the power of using the navel chakra prana to supercharge their body's physical vitality. The qigong masters are able to knock down opponents just using their prana(!) and also use this to heal the body. The best exercise is not only from a physical level but also combining "pranatization". At his retreats Sri Vasudeva combines yoga, tai chi, qigong and other methods to work on body and spiritual growth simultaneously...kind of a hybrid.

You know when a pregnant woman has that "glow" - a lot of it is coming from the navel prana.

Also an athlete will radiate that energy of vitality (a lot of actors have this too) that you can just feel their energy beaming out of them.

But it's amazing that even through mental activities when they are really uplifting I feel recharged in my navel chakra too - that's why going to Satsang late at night isn't always a great idea because then I feel like running around the block rather than going to bed lol.

If your Kundalini is awakened and you're working on yourself consciously you will find a way I'm sure of it. And I will too!

I have the tendency to float around in my head as well lol I started running to burn off my nervous energy. I basically have fire running through my veins, so if I don't ground myself, my energy is intense and unbalanced. Running definitely helps, along with my yoga practice. At this point, I'm just building up my endurance with my running.

What can you tell me about hot yoga? Would that benefit me as well? If my body has so much hot energy, how would I harness that in a hot yoga class?
Old 18-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
What can you tell me about hot yoga? Would that benefit me as well? If my body has so much hot energy, how would I harness that in a hot yoga class?

What I know about hot yoga is nothing - I don't care for doing yoga in a hot room smelling everyone's sweat (not my thing). It was the same when I was learning ashtanga yoga. The idea of working up a sweat in ashtanga yoga is to help relax the muscles so they stretch more. Maybe you can find a yoga teacher in the Yoga section who can help you, ideally someone who is prana aware (soul aware) and best of all who has their Kundalini awakened too.

What I do know is that when prana is purifying the energy channels (nadis) the prana creates heat in the body. Once the nadis are cleared up the energy is cool. Dramatic things happen when purifying is going on. After purification everything is calm, clear, and consciousness changes, there is more clarity, new awareness etc. no more drama.

When I work my navel chakra using something called microcosmic orbit (I posted about it way back earlier on in this thread) it generates a LOT of heat - I go red in the face and sweating. Same thing happens if I'm doing reiki on somebody and they are pulling a lot of life force out of me - I'm drenched in sweat. So this is all about purification - and in exercise, about relaxing the muscles so they'll stretch more.

I'm currently rehabilitating my dog who is just out of leg surgery - applying hot packs and cool packs before and after exercises, so this is on my mind a lot lately.
Old 18-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
What I know about hot yoga is nothing - I don't care for doing yoga in a hot room smelling everyone's sweat (not my thing). It was the same when I was learning ashtanga yoga. The idea of working up a sweat in ashtanga yoga is to help relax the muscles so they stretch more. Maybe you can find a yoga teacher in the Yoga section who can help you, ideally someone who is prana aware (soul aware) and best of all who has their Kundalini awakened too.

What I do know is that when prana is purifying the energy channels (nadis) the prana creates heat in the body. Once the nadis are cleared up the energy is cool. Dramatic things happen when purifying is going on. After purification everything is calm, clear, and consciousness changes, there is more clarity, new awareness etc. no more drama.

When I work my navel chakra using something called microcosmic orbit (I posted about it way back earlier on in this thread) it generates a LOT of heat - I go red in the face and sweating. Same thing happens if I'm doing reiki on somebody and they are pulling a lot of life force out of me - I'm drenched in sweat. So this is all about purification - and in exercise, about relaxing the muscles so they'll stretch more.

I'm currently rehabilitating my dog who is just out of leg surgery - applying hot packs and cool packs before and after exercises, so this is on my mind a lot lately.

I'll ask my yoga teacher. Thanks for all the information. It all makes sense. I'm definitely going through a purification process. Sometimes when that energy hits me in class, it feels like my whole body is on fire.

Awww, good luck with your dog. I hope he feels better soon.
Old 19-05-2016, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The solar plexus chakra ....
...it's a physical chakra (all three lower ones are physical) it responds to physical exercise too.
I didn't know that!
I'm feeling it all the time!
I'm getting a 6 pack from all my ab work...my stomach is as flat and
tight as a 20 yr old.
(I'll show Sarian in Sept! hahaha...)

Hmm, exercise....3rd chakra...cool.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-05-2016, 02:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm getting a 6 pack from all my ab work...my stomach is as flat and
tight as a 20 yr old.

wow - what are you doing?
Old 19-05-2016, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
wow - what are you doing?
I lay in bed watching Netflix.

Then, I lift my legs while raising my upper body a drop...I either
hold or do the leg lifts....it's HOT!
The upper and lower ab muscles are working and ...wowsa!

2 months for a few minutes a day ...and shazam!

I'm too fit for my own good...who knew?
...gone down 2 jean sizes.

Btw, there is one other Forum person I have met...she saw me in a crowd of 1500 and said...'Who's that?'
I understand ego ...it gets me very far....it 'can' be a fun thing.

Saying this may get me guff...I don't care....I understand
confidence in the Lord....and in how He manifests thru me...
and how big he makes my aura.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Master
Fish Opening the chakras - what your yoga teacher doesn't know

Day 15 of the 2015 40 Day Observance

Day 14 was about pranayama - purifying the channels. Day 15 was about purifying the chakras through which the channels enter and exit.

I remember a yoga class years ago hearing the teacher (poor dear, she had good intentions) saying "Now focus on your sacral chakra point above your sexual organ - see the colour orange, breathe into that orange, opening up the sexual area and all your creative juices will flow."
I'm sorry (eyes rolling judgementally) but that kind of practice is not going to produce anything except more delusions! Without prana awareness the chakras are not going to be stimulated. Without Kundalini awakening they are not going to open to spiritual levels. And you don't open chakras just by visualizing a colour or sending air their way. I'm glad yoga came to the masses in the West - but remember who popularized it - the Beatles! I think some things got lost in the translation! Ever since then new age writers have been giving us a lot of nonsense about the chakras - a bit of truth and a lot of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!
Okay so how do the chakras open?
They open when we express their spiritual qualities in our every day actions. As Sri Vasudeva says they are like lotus flowers that close to darkness and open to the Light.
Quote:
"If we continue to do this pranayama work but we are not observing the actions – we are over-eating, over-working, over-sleeping, over-talking, being hurtful towards others, exploiting, losing our sexual energy, not being grounded… then how do you think we’ll even progress inside?
. . . .
On one hand as you do your internal work, look at how you think and behave in all your relationships. And of course you know that every chakra has a bright side and a dark side. In the contraction, in ignorance, we are drawn towards the dark side. And as spiritual opening happens or as we listen to the words of those who are noble and virtuous, we tend to see that bright side. And as we follow the practices we open up to that brightness,"
~ Sri Vasudeva
I "open" my upper chakras when I start thinking good thoughts, things that will uplift me and my world, when I make an effort to control my mind; when I am not greedy, envious or jealous, when I learn to be contented and grateful; when I speak from silence, speak from a loving and compassionate heart. I "open" my lower chakras when I am fully grounded in my body, when I cleanse my body, detoxing it, when I am not wasting my sexual energy, when I do no harm to anyone (including myself).

This is something that rarely if ever gets taught in your basic western style yoga class. The health and wellness industry has only expropriated the most mechanistic and superficial aspects of yoga, ignoring the spiritual part - which is like taking the body of a car and leaving behind the engine. You can sit in it but you're not going to go anywhere lol. So they've made the situation worse!
And then we need the gas for the engine - that's Grace - the shaktipat of an awakened Master to move Kundalini through your sushumna. Your yoga teacher can't awaken it unless they are enlightened and have been bestowed this power by the Universe. And you need to be receptive to it as well or the gas will spill on the ground totally wasted, not fueling your engine and you still can't go anywhere!

Oh fluff and bother, I guess I needed to rant today, blimey.
Old 20-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Master
Fish Prana awareness

A reflection from part of Day 16 of the 2015 40 Days

When Sri Vasudeva holds my hand, he can pick up all the energies I'm radiating from my entire being and he can scan my energy body, diagnose me spiritually, and prescribe a practice I need to be doing to clear up my system.

I am really energy sensitive but I am not that energy sensitive. I can pick up people's energies in all sorts of ways but not at the level of identifying where blockages are specifically and knowing how to prescribe. Sometimes insights like that come to me. I guess if I developed myself as a healer I could develop this ability. Many people do.
The thing is we are all sensitive to energy but we don't give attention to it. It's not "real" to us or it's only in the "imagination". When I walk into a room I can sense whether the room is friendly or unfriendly, some places make me feel nauseous. Some people make me feel nauseous! It's all energy sensitivity. Sri Vasudeva spoke of these things in this talk. He said when we become more energy sensitive we will intuitively know what foods are good for us to eat and what are toxic to the body.

We also communicate with energy. So there is always more going on with a handshake. And it's the same with anything.
Quote:
"If I were to put my hand on a leaf of the plant, there is an energy emanating from there, and there’s communication that can happen between me and the plant. It’s real but you will never pick it up if you see it as just piece of plant without real life substance and subtle energies. So it’s beautiful when we can appreciate our world from that aspect,"
~ Sri Vasudeva
Pranic awareness in meditation
Quote:
"The idea would be if you were to observe your mental field carefully and withdraw from the senses, detach from the gross senses, you’ll be amazed at the lightness you’ll feel as you clear the mental space of thoughts that draw you into identification with the physical. That’s why in the yoga we say you need to have pratyahara, you need to withdraw the power from the outer senses and bring it on the inside and begin to observe the inner space,"
~ Sri Vasudeva
Energy awareness is the first thing… and next energy management… and with Kundalini awakening a whole new awareness of being carried comes into being. But for today I will just focus on the awareness part.

The more I give attention to the pranic component in everything, the louder it gets, the more real it gets, and that opens doors for me to enter into secret chambers of the soul through which this ordinary world becomes extraordinary.
Old 21-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Master
Fish Being fed from the inside

2nd reflection from Day 16 of the 2015 40 Days Observance

When Kundalini becomes the Doer
The extent of Sri Vasudeva's management of life force energy is mindblowingly phenomenal. In deep meditation we can touch a state known as the breathless state. We stop breathing, we stop thinking, we just "exist" in a space of silence. In fact we are being fed from the Spirit - from the inside. For those who have Kundalini awakened in the sushumna, the central pranic channel in the spine, this becomes a very real possibility.
Quote:
"The moment you begin to feel that pranic field opening up - ida, pingala, sushumna - the whole life changes. That is the excitement, that we can begin to be fed from the inner space through the pranas, and they feed the body too, they feed the entire system," ~ Sri Vasudeva

Kundalini in the unawakened soul
In ordinary human consciousness the ida and pingala pranic channels criss cross at every chakra point, bringing a heating and cooling energy, anchoring at the root and crown. This is Kundalini in her basic function to animate the body soul vehicle. It's interesting how this aspect of the energy anatomy of the subtle body looks like DNA.
We say Kundalini is sleeping but in fact She is functioning in the body to keep us alive. It was only when She awakened at the base of my spine and started to dance in the central pranic channel (the sushumna) that I began to have some ability to work with my own spiritual evolution from a pranic (life force energy) level.

The Dancer Within
Quote:
"When that Energy we call Kundalini is awakened then Energy feeds from below and this Energy that feeds from below is an evolutionary push of Energy from below because it begins to open up your mental field, emotional field, vital field…" ~ Sri Vasudeva
I have to flow better with Her moves, go with where She wants to take me, let Her lead the dance, trusting it when my intuition is coming from Her. Dancer is one way of describing it - poetry. One resorts to poetry to engage the heart where reason fails to express in fullness. Kundalini appears in all cultures that have a mystical tradition by many names.* Kundalini is the power of God within a human soul, nothing less than that. Kundalini is me in my highest aspect - the Higher Self. Kundalini is the Guru - the Teacher, and my Greatest Life Coach.

Like a belly dancer in a flame, She moves in me seductively, intoxicating me at every turn. I have no choice but to follow. I want to move like Her. I want to become That. So free! So uninhibited! So powerful! So blissful! She is the intoxication of Love! She is the dance of every desire!
Quote:
"She inspires all my actions. That is so much more powerful than breathing in physical air, nutrition from the outside. She begins to give nutrition from the inside," ~ Sri Vasudeva

Food from Heaven
One of the signs of Kundalini at work is an inclination towards a healthier diet and lifestyle.
Quote:
"Your food begins to change and the way you eat because you want more prana from your foods and you want less and you want good quality food when you begin to feel this urge inside. When you can’t then you eat all the processed things, unprocessed things - everything without thinking, but when this begins to happen then you realize that you cannot eat the same way again. You have to change, because when She comes inside She teaches you how to eat and She shows you: 'If you eat this way and I am working inside of you, it’s going to be toxic.' And the moment you change the food quality and amount, drinking the right quantities of water, you begin to see how She works so marvellously inside. Day and night She’s working inside," ~ Sri Vasudeva
And there are actually a few people in the world who live on Light, on pure prana directly from Kundalini. We call them breatharians. And living only on prana is one of the siddhis (magical powers) that, in addition to others, allow these yogis to be buried alive and continue to live! Whatever floats your boat...it's all possible.

It's amazing what possibilities exist in me if only I can tap into this power more and uncover my fullest potential.

------------------
*Even in the Bible in Genesis. See next post https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1430873