Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i'm not sure i believe jesus was the son of god-i'm more apt to think he was an ascended master here to put us on the right path.

regardless, i believe jesus was a very spiritual person but almost immediately, men ignored his teaching and made up their own which led us away from spirituality.

I agree with this also. Jesus was an enlightened prophet/saint/master, ect. We're all sons and daughters of God. That was his message.
Old 13-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I see the story of Jesus that too. But I see it all from a place of Love. Jesus was the personification of Love. Through this we can see that love itself is creation. When we love- we create.
Yes, absolutely. And ultimately that's all everything comes down to. I do though have a desire to know specific things and explore ideas. That's the only reason I even ask myself these questions.
Old 13-06-2014, 05:14 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Greetings, LadyTerra. :)

I am curious as to which order or tradition might label such individuals "High Adept"?

For what it is worth, the types of people you describe who are condescending towards others in such a manner have fallen far short of the mark in regards to spiritual endeavors. At least I could do not but assume so!!

Peace. :)

Greetings Wagner--it is very nice to meet you.

You and I are in agreement concerning people who believe themselves to be "better than". I (personally) do not recognize this type of concept as fact...for I have yet to meet a perfect person...beginning w/ and including myself (of course).

An example of my definition of a High Adept...would be an Ascetic...one who can perform miracles...not parlor tricks. To my way of thinking a person like this may come along only once--or twice--a millennium.

As for any Order--or Tradition--that might label--or define--something the way I do...I really have no clue. I form my own conclusions and trust that others are capable of doing (likewise) without any assistance from me.

Peace and Love on the path of experiencing your own journey and forming your own conclusions...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 13-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I form my own conclusions and trust that others are capable of doing (likewise) without any assistance from me.
Wish I could remember that always. Such a great perspective.
Old 15-06-2014, 06:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
What's happening in new age forums is it's becoming vogue to not have an opinion one way or the other. That way one is always right, everyone is equally enlightened, my religion is the same as your spirituality, etc. and so forth. People don't care to penetrate too deeply into these questions is why I guess.
Actually it would be a nice change if people started seeing those who believe differently as equals instead of the usual spiritual superiority and resentment. It's not even close to becoming popular though. Seeing others as equals instead of division is not such a bad thing, but I guess it would be to those who thrive on division.

Last edited by Seawolf : 15-06-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 15-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Master

Quote:
These things are important for growth.
So because we have division in the world, relating to things like genocide and racism, and they are important for growth, we should divide the world into enlightened and unenlightened?

Last edited by Seawolf : 15-06-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 15-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
We're all sons and daughters of God. That was his message.

... yes yes ....
Old 15-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
So because we have division in the world, relating to things like genocide and racism, which are important for growth, we should feel ok dividing the world into enlightened and unenlightened. Interesting.

As I said before I am not dividing anything. Just noting what is already perceived as divided.
Old 15-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Master

Quote:
As I said before I am not dividing anything. Just noting what is already perceived as divided.
Well, you said that the world is made up of enlightened people and unenlightened people. I would say that you are dividing, because it's an opinion, not fact. If I were to say that people have different skin color, I would be stating fact.

Of course you're free to have any opinion you want, and seeing others as being unenlightened certainly occurs throughout all religions because we're all human.
Old 15-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Well, you said that the world is made up of enlightened people and unenlightened people. I would say that you are dividing, because it's an opinion, not fact. If I were to say that people have different skin color, I would be stating fact.

Of course you're free to have any opinion you want, and seeing others who we perceive as different being unenlightened certainly occurs throughout all religions because we're all human.

I said there is a scale. Some people are more aware than others. That is a fact. Or are you saying I can't prove it because there is no physical evidence like with skin tone? I want to see your counter argument for why you don't believe in 'enlightenment', apparently.