Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
The term "truth consciousness" stood out to me so I Googled it and came across Swami Amar Jyoti.
I said to myself that this is either a sign or just a coincidence lol.
In any case I ordered a book that caught my eye.
Does your avatar name have anything to do with this?
I kinda hope so because I really value your posts and I feel like I found some something good in this website of his

Hi BlueSky,

I'm happy you connected with something that inspires you, and thanks for the kind words.

The identification with divine light is fairly common amongst aspirants as it is the predominant quality of truth-consciousness. I would consider myself a student of the teachings of Sri Aurobindo, who was using the term ‘truth-consciousness’ in printed publications before the swami (who died in 2001), was born. I had actually never heard of Swami Amar Jyoti until you mentioned him in your post.

Truth-consciousness in Sri Aurobindo’s system of Integral Yoga refers to the supramental plane or supramental consciousness which is full awareness of Self as identity in static undifferentiated Being, but also simultaneously, as the Will of that Highest for all aspects of becoming in dynamic differentiated form which is also that Self.

~ J
Old 22-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi BlueSky,

I'm happy you connected with something that inspires you, and thanks for the kind words.

The identification with divine light is fairly common amongst aspirants as it is the predominant quality of truth-consciousness. I would consider myself a student of the teachings of Sri Aurobindo, who was using the term ‘truth-consciousness’ in printed publications before the swami (who died in 2001), was born. I had actually never heard of Swami Amar Jyoti until you mentioned him in your post.

Truth-consciousness in Sri Aurobindo’s system of Integral Yoga refers to the supramental plane or supramental consciousness which is full awareness of Self as identity in static undifferentiated Being, but also simultaneously, as the Will of that Highest for all aspects of becoming in dynamic differentiated form which is also that Self.

~ J
Is that written in English lol

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 22-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
With respect that may be your definition of Karma and kamma, but generally they are interchangeable words for the same thing. I could bore the **** out of people by posting endless definitions to back my statement and no doubt you will. So, karma has everything to do with intention. secondly, essentially as I said, skillful use of karma is understanding that your intention creates whatever you intend, to come boomeranging back to you. If people delude themselves or dont examine their thoughts , then that is unskilfull use of the law of karma. So, essentially we are saying the same thing. Which I said previously
To be honest, I've heard all the arguments with karma before and frankly I'm bored with them. No offence you you. With kamma, I've done my homework for kamma and spoken to people in this forum who have spelled it out to me and it's very much in line with my own beliefs. Shocking I know. I've also had extensive arguments over what karma is or isn't and the more I've discussed the more it's descended into nonsense. Karma is nothing more than judgement and reward/punishment mentality and I haven't had a single argument that hasn't gone past that very thin veneer.
Old 22-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Karma is nothing more than judgement and reward/punishment mentality and I haven't had a single argument that hasn't gone past that very thin veneer.

I said this about a year ago & it caused all sorts of wailing.

If you expose the pyramid scheme nobody profits & those considering themselves higher up have nothing to gloat about.

Specifically the "new age" definition.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 23-02-2018, 09:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I said this about a year ago & it caused all sorts of wailing.

If you expose the pyramid scheme nobody profits & those considering themselves higher up have nothing to gloat about.

Specifically the "new age" definition.
I'm just wondering as to why there are so many karma threads lying about, it's like a rash that refuses to go away. That reminds me of a Billy Connelly joke but it's too bad taste for these hallowed places.

It's been said that every religion was right for that people at that time, I'm wondering how modern-day Spirituality and the millennial/snowflake generation reflect each other. Perhaps Spirituality is an entropic system after all.
Old 23-02-2018, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm just wondering as to why there are so many karma threads lying about, it's like a rash that refuses to go away. That reminds me of a Billy Connelly joke but it's too bad taste for these hallowed places.

It's been said that every religion was right for that people at that time, I'm wondering how modern-day Spirituality and the millennial/snowflake generation reflect each other. Perhaps Spirituality is an entropic system after all.

The forum comments reveal that often people need to "justify" themselves.

Americans especially seem to require labels as a way to identify in a manner which I don't find as obsessive here in the UK.

Those who claim not to be part of the "bigger, faster, stronger" ideology still seem to need to lord over others via karma. Heck I've just had a feminist call me something repulsive as a way to silence a different take on her "facts" as they made her feel special.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 23-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
The forum comments reveal that often people need to "justify" themselves.

Americans especially seem to require labels as a way to identify in a manner which I don't find as obsessive here in the UK.

Those who claim not to be part of the "bigger, faster, stronger" ideology still seem to need to lord over others via karma. Heck I've just had a feminist call me something repulsive as a way to silence a different take on her "facts" as they made her feel special.

My mother used to say that empty barrels make the most noise, that pointed the way for me to ask what someone is 'missing' if they feel the need to take it out on someone else. If people feel the need to justify themselves they're 'missing' something. Often that's the reason why people come to Spirituality, they have a lack in their Lives that needs to be filled and that plays out in the forums. It's a bit like turning to God to find answers or solace.

You should have tried non-verbal communication with that feminist, even though people don't know all that much about it they still get the message. Just yawn and look bored, scratch your backside a few times and look away. That really ticks them off.
Old 23-02-2018, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
My mother used to say that empty barrels make the most noise

I like that

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 23-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I like that
And sometimes people are just people, man.
Old 25-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Guide
Morning Mr G,

Quote:
Back then I was into desktop publishing because it was a great way to do publicity and the like. That developed into web design and later on I designed and delivered web design and other internet training.

Ha! That’s a blast from the past. Desktop publishing takes me back to learning this at evening college when it first came out!

Quote:
If you're disappointed you haven't found what you're looking for. Cue U2 song.

That reminded me of a happy memory from about 20 years when I was travelling with four people from work going to a training course for the day. We could not find the venue was driving round looking for it and on the radio came U2 singing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." One of those surreal moments and it was so funny.

Quote:
What are you looking for? What does having expectations do to you and how does that make you feel? How would you feel better? And before you tell me it's obvious, don't. What you need to do is work through that process by having a dialogue with yourself to dismantle your expectations framework of what you expect, the reasons (not why, reasons) you expect it, and while you're looking at disappointment what are you missing?

Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist and as unhelpful as it sounds, if I put effort into something I expect it to be perfect. Ain’t that the perfect recipe for disaster? Constant disappointment is how it makes me feel because rarely does anything live up to my expectations. I don't know where the perfectionist comes from, maybe I've always been this way, it has its uses at work. But I am guessing that I am missing living through the experience and letting it unfold naturally rather than constantly trying to manipulate circumstances to my perfectionist ideal. Given that blend, you can see why I am constantly disappointed.

Quote:
The question is, what's not working? No it's not obvious before you get crankie with me. You know that all those methods don't work but what's catalysing those methods? What's underneath them? And what do they all have in common? They are all modalities of healing. Let that sink in. They are all modalities of healing, and what you're trying to heal are the physical symptoms. What are the reasons you're trying to heal the physical symptoms?

I was struggling to know where to begin to answer that beyond the ‘something happens’, ‘you sustain injuries/symptoms’ ‘you try to heal them’ because that’s what you do.

However, you must have dug into my thoughts there as that is pretty much it .....

Quote:
Because you don't like being restricted, it means you can't run, it reminds you of an episode in your Life you'd rather forget... Another reason? You can't come to terms with yourself. both physically and perceptually? Because your being fit and healthy meant you had something to feel good about, something that was yours?

Quote:
What advice would you give you if you could feel your own energies?

Now this is where things got interesting.

I sat down and imagined a colleague come to me for help and started to tell me what happened, so I was essentially listening to myself but dressed up visually as someone else. This was quite revealing and I came out of the visualisation with a different angle. So in reality, the trauma went on for a couple of months, culminating in four days from hell. But there was a time / day / moment when the trauma was over. When I realised it was over, I was initially relieved, even slightly high and my immediate reaction was, it’s over and I’ve survived! (death, albeit rare, was a possibility). But over the next few days, I started to ask hang on a minute, why did this happen, why didn’t that happen, something doesn’t add up. And I quickly went from feeling relieved to increasing anger, some of it directed to myself as I hadn’t listened to myself. If I had listened to myself and done things my way, it wouldn’t have happened. It would have taken a monumental amount of courage, conviction and no one in my corner was encouraging me.

Now when I came out of the visualisation, I felt a lot of relief, weight off my shoulders, I felt quite different and I saw clearly for the first time how I’d gone from relief to anger and have carried that anger around ever since.

I believe that method is called two chair technique.

So come Wednesday I went to see the medium. Overall, it was a brilliant sitting with many folks from the other side coming through with a lot of validation. But on the trauma front, which is the reason I went, the medium said several things. He said to look at the knowledge and wisdom I’ve gained from it (thought of you when he said that!) and that I’m looking at the experience with the eyes I have today. But the significant thing is I was a tad disappointed after Sunday’s quite profound experience, that as I was talking about the trauma that anger is still there. He picked up on that (it would have been hard not to!) and he said he could feel my frustration. There was a helpful repeat from the information I’ve gathered over the years through other mediums, kinesiology etc. That due to the trauma going on for so long, this tipped my body over to an acid state, so there’s a high level of acid in my blood (uric acid). So all the anger I feel, which clearly is still there, is maintaining that acidity so when I feel anxious, frustrated or angry with things in every day life, that’s just maintaining the status quo. So when I get a flare up of symptoms, that reminds me it’s still there, I get frustrated and angry and it’s a catch 22. He pretty much confirmed that I’m not going to solve this by going on an alkaline diet. My diet is pretty much on that side anyway. He said that I could do the slightest alteration with diet and then be sitting in traffic getting irritated by someone who cut me up and all the work done with food with go out of the window. He said I have to find a way that suits me to resolve the stress and anxiety and anger I feel. On a positive note, he did say he felt I’d been through all the s **** in life and my challenge now is to resolve this.

So, that’s why none of the healing has worked – because I’m still holding onto the anger. So I feel as though I’m having to start over and go inwards. But if it was that simple, just go in, let go of the anger, I’d have done it already! He said a few years ago I’d get resolve this using my mind. But frankly, short of a personality transplant, I’ve no idea where to start. He did say I have a very strong mind, and that’s true even as a child, but I need to find some way of turning that to my advantage. But ..... no idea where to start. I don’t think it’s going to come from find a method on the internet. The only slight hope is that I had a message from my guides to say that they would show me the way when the time is right.

Quote:
I think Uriah Heep converts is too much to ask for, most of them haven't got their heads out of the Spiritual sand, bless their cotton socks. If only they'd be inspired by Beautiful Dream being the musical parallel to awakening but that's the loss for a column thinker. It's nice to think someone else is benefiting.

You know, something rather wonderful happened there. Somewhere between the conversion from tape to vinyl to CD, I’d never got RtF and so I couldn’t immediately bring Beautiful Dream to mind. I thought initially it was from Firefly. But then I found it on Youtube and it was so weird, it was familiar but not. Anyway, situation now rectified as I’ve got the re-mastered version and boy it sounds good!

Patrycia